Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto

Hospital

Rate Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto

Ratings for Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto

Value

My mother Mabel E Walker died at this hospital . She was placed in a room alone. She was being tube fed. She couldn't eat, drink or throw up. She was incoherent when she received Phenergan. She couldn't help herself and the doctor would not transfer her to the icu. I was afraid to leave her. I asked 3 different nurses if they knew of any agency that I could call to hire someone to stay with my mother. They all said that they did not know of any such agency. On Dec 26, 2015 I received a message from Baptist indicating that she was not doing well. I returned to the hospital and pushed back the curtain surrounding her bed. Her body had been turned around and her head was facing the foot of the bed. There wasn't even a sheet placed over her and she was in a fetal position. I didn't know that she had passed away. I was horrified. I don't know how anyone could be so insensitive and heartless. Hospitals often indicate that they are understaffed while delivering patient care. They are short staffed because they make more money that way. I have no idea how hospital management is able to live with this decision. My mother could be alive today if she had received proper and compassionate care from the beginning of her stay at Baptist Desoto. Patients are dying unnecessarily because of situations similar to this one. Lives are so much more important than any material considerations. LIVES ARE AT STAKE !!!!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Value

Thousands of dollars wasted for misdiagnosis and Tylenol. They boldly lie, steal, and kill!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Value

Went to Baptist in Southaven Ms 2 weeks ago and the Staff and Dr hooker was Awsome. Never been treated so well in the Er. Keep it up.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Value

My family member had an outpatient appointment at 9:45 a.m. they didn't start the procedure til 2:45, she was in pain on a scale of 10 the entire time. No one checked on us after blood for lab was taken & of course she could not eat or drink anything due to outpatient surgery. I went to the nurse station twice & they were not helpful. I heard bad things about this place but I wanted to give them a chance. I would not take an animal to this hospital.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Value

I wanna start off sayin Baptist is a good hospital but the Baptist hospital in Desto county is slow as a great grandma.. My wife has lupus witch makes her have migraine headaches and her joints get stiff where she can barley move. I brought my wife to the emergency room at 4:30 and it's 9:30 now and she still hasn't seen a doctor yet.. I wanted to leave and go to another hospital but my wife don't feel like leavin to sit in another emergency room. Jus wanna let u know if u plan on coming to Baptist hospital in Southaven be prepared to wait 6 or 7 hours before a doctor see you.. I don't know what the problem is maybe they need to hire more doctors ASAP..

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Doctors at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto

Dr. Richard A. Kelly

Dr. Richard A. Kelly

Latest Rating

Dr. Kelly is one of the greatest, knowledgeable and compassionate doctors I have ever been to for any type of sickness. He has been my doctor since 1992 and I would... Read more

Dr. Mukesh Jain

Dr. Mukesh Jain

Latest Rating

I love. Dr. Jain very caring and knowledgable very nice staff and also they get you in and out been patient 10 yrs would not consider changing doctors.

Dr. Wesley E. Jones

Dr. Wesley E. Jones

1 review

Latest Rating

Dr. Jones has a genuine concern for his patients and takes the time with each one and addressing all concerns. Reminds me of my family doctor when I was a child.

Dr. Lloyd Lane Hartt

Dr. Lloyd Lane Hartt

Latest Rating

Doctor has an arrogant attitude and poor bedside manner. Does nothing to put the patient or family at ease and provided very little information unless he was asked ... Read more

Dr. Stephen L. Helton