University of Michigan

Hospital

Rate University of Michigan

Ratings for University of Michigan

Value

emergency room staff at UM seemed great - until I began to get Medicare. Tgey are quite negletful and abusive of those they perceive to be poor and/or homeless, especially those who may be mentally ill - then your changes of getting actual medical care are pretty nil. STAY away from the UM ER, especially Psych Emergency Services - they engage in cruel, unethical, and outright illegal violent conduct towards patients - even those who show up there already suicidal. Prepare to be abused and humiliated if you offend them at all. Furthermore, UM PES has been testing female patients for drug use and pregnancy without their knowledge or consent for years. That means forcibly catheterizing those who refuse to comply..

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

Value

The lack of communication between Doctors and nursing staff is a joke. No one is ever clear on what’s going on so remind the staff of allergies and if there are special instructions to your care. Had a sign on the ICU door that stated a gown and gloves had to be worn when entering and it was ignored several times. This facility is more about the money than the actual care of their patients.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Value

Can I give you Zero Stars? Just got off the phone with your claims department and of course you refused it. Permanent nerve damage in my leg after a hysterectomy is to be expected. It's normal. Even though the doc told us they screwed up, you say they didn't. You should look up the definition of responsibility and try taking it some time.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Value

Great place to count on when you need a good place to take care of you. You have a lot of help and support from staff in all levels. Great Service and care.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Value

My family and I have been inpatient for everything from Obstetrics, Cancer and Heart care. We also have frequent outpatient visits to many specialists at different UM facilities, which were always clean and well managed. We feel that we are in good hands.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Value

An amazing hospital filed with great doctors and even better nurses. I have a complex, chronic spinal disease as well as serious cardiac issues, and my care here is amazing. A two week stay in May saved my life, and every appointment since then has been nearly identical: minimal time in the waiting area (20 minutes was the longest) and similar times waiting for the doctor. Every doctor was friendly, really listened to me, and never once made it feel as if s/he was in a hurry to move on. All staff have been very professional and courteous. Another reviewer said the hospital was dirty; I find that very hard to believe. My room was always cleaned twice a day, and every area I've ever been in was spotless. Can't stress how great the nurses are. Food was even good, best I've had in the three area hospitals where I've had extended status. If you have a complex medical problem and live in Michigan, there's no place else you should ever consider (maybe Royal Oak Beaumont if you live close to that also excellent hospital.)

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Value

Very very expensive services at the main hospital and Northville location. One doctor visit was over $600. Met with doctor for about 10 minutes and did a couple X-rays.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Value

In my experience, the building did not look clean in the areas I was in. The appointments I went through felt like an assembly line on a fast track with minimal empathy for the patient. Actual DR assigned to my case was not very accessible at all. Nurses assigned to me seem to be in a rush, nervous, and unable to do the tasks correctly that they had to do and had to get help to complete some of them. While this hospital has a fancy building, equipment, and what appears knowledgable DR's, their customer service end of things leaves something to be desired. Interesting enough, they were more than willing to bill me quickly and correctly. I was disappointed in my experience at this hospital.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Value

People always make jokes about terrible hospital food and I never understood them because I've been going to UMHS for like 20 years. Not that the food is the most important thing obviously. But it is indeed a thing. I have experienced St. Joes and other hospitals around southeast Michigan and I gotta say that U of M totally owns them all. Never tried their food though but I bet U of M wins there too. I like all of my UM docs. I tell people who are looking for health care to get themselves into the UM system. My primary care docs (I see two regularly) are awesome. I also have two Neurologists who are both great. I had a great Endocrinology Fellow but the main doc was like listening to an episode of House. I won't name names. Egotistical docs exist everywhere though so whatever. Through the years I have been proud to live in Ann Arbor because it's the home of one of the best hospital systems in the country. My dad had brain surgery at U of M and I wasn't even scared about it because I trust the quality of the surgeons there. Seriously wasn't even nervous. Mom was treated for breast cancer through U of M and she's a survivor for over 15 years. I always thought about moving to another state, and the one thing I think about is if the hospitals will be as good. If I do end up moving, U of M will be missed. -an EMU student

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Value

Worst experience ever. They don't follow safety standards.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Doctors at University of Michigan

Dr. Pankaj Guglani

Dr. Pankaj Guglani

Latest Rating

I went in for a procedure yesterday and the staff said I wasn't scheduled. I had a appt I actually had 2 in a row cause I'm in more pain the usual so the made one ap... Read more

Dr. Paul E. Hilliard

Dr. Paul E. Hilliard

1 review

Latest Rating

Doc schedules as many patients as possible per day and rushes through them. He will tell you to make a follow up appointment in 6 weeks but has no openings for 10-12... Read more

Dr. Jeffrey S. Moyer