Newton-Wellesley

Hospital

Rate Newton-Wellesley

Ratings for Newton-Wellesley

Value

Pediatrics section is terrible. Worst experience in a hospital ever.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2019

Value

Dr Park was excellent in explaining what would be done, how it would be done, the length of time to complet the surgery and the recovery time. He was spot on!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Value

I must start by stating that I have not been an inpatient but have used numerous services and several doctors. Most of my experiences have been excellent. Over the past several years I can see a slight change in the hospital's culture. While it is still pleasant and appears to be trying to continue to provide a good atmosphere, it is feeling to me more like larger hospitals that are less personal. A few years ago handicap parking began to have a fee, where it used to be free. There are still flowers in the ladies room! They no longer offer coupons when they inconvenience you, which is too bad because this happens more. Doctor offices and xray no longer offer bottled water. They have self dispensing water that can have germs on the spigot. I have seen sick people refill their water bottles and touch the used mouth piece to the spigot. In general, staff are pleasant and I only have a problem with a doctor doing spinal shots. I love Dr. Kaplan, Dr. Winchell. Not happy that the PCP office can't let me see my doctor when sick- only a PA.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Value

Generally ok but watch the private offices for rip offs in this town.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

Value

From preadmission screening to discharge, communication is an issue. Worst experience ever and that is compared to 7 day surgical procedures (NEB, MGH, BID, GSMC, BH and previous NWH). The staff promoted that you can request your preference for anesthesiology yet the nurse doesn't pass it on or document it; you can state you DONOT want a nurse anesthetist multiple times prior to procedure and you end up with one who did not follow the plan the anesthesiologist put in place and patient (me) agreed on; the pre-op nurse was condescending then attempted to have me re-sign the surgical consent stating a procedure but omitting one of the procedures that had been reviewed and agreed on with the surgeon; she stated "it's confusing" I stated "I'm not confused you might be, but I'm not" she stated "we're confused" I said "no you maybe I'm not and stop being condescending" she then discussed me at the nurse station in a manner in which I clearly heard her complaining about me - oh did I mention she left me in a Johnny for over 30 minutes with no blanket/covering or pillow and that another nurse (the one she complained to) came in without knocking stating "what do you need?" I responded "huh?" She said "you pressed the call light" I informed her I didn't and it appears that while attempting to turn TV on my daughter had hit the call light( my daughter apologized) the nurse said "you need a blanket" she walks away and never returned/ I received a blanket about 30 minutes or more after the first nurse said she was getting me one then a pillow shortly after that; I clearly recollect entering the sutgicsl suite snd seeing the surgeon on his phone - how roughly I was transferred to table; how roughly I was transferred to chair after surgery; that the dressing was stained and surgical shoe too small for foot; the pain my LEFT foot was having (that foot was not operated on); the ice pack applied to surgical site falling to floor and the nurse picking it up off the floor which she reapplied to surgical site (happened twice); no one called my daughter after surgery until I asked for her and staff did not elevate my foot so I leave thinking it's betadine and two hour drive home go to sleep wake up at 8pm with a blood soaked bandage and shoe my daughter comes home and calls the hospital because the instructions say "continuous oozing" and is yelled at because I "didn't" follow instructions staying off it and keeping it elevated ! OMG- my leg was in a dependent position from the time I left the surgical suite until I got home to put it up - but it's my fault it bled; it's my fault the dressing was half done at the hospital and the nurse didn't reinforce it (she must have thought it was betadine too since my leg is still covered in it) she did say I could shower the next day. Those were my discharge instructions, call if bleeding, shower next day. No follow-up plan. I was not a patient - I was just an income/$$$$ for the hospital

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Doctors at Newton-Wellesley

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.