Rate St Alphonsus
Ratings for St Alphonsus
They killed my stepdad!! He had surgery on Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) and they had him restrained because he kept trying to get out of his bed. My mother and I were there for over 8 hours that day and I NEVER SAW A NURSE OR DOCTOR THAT ENTIRE TIME!!!! I wish to this day I would have looked at his chart because I can assure you, if they charted on him it was a LIE because they never came in or went past the door!!!!! We finally had to leave to take care of their dog at home, so went around TRYING to find someone to let them know we were leaving and it took 10 minutes and the person really did not listen when I said we were leaving and they needed to check on my stepdad!! He passed away two days later and I will always blame them because if the care continued at that level, almost no one would survive!!! I WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN ANY OF THEIR FACILITIES, IF I NEED SURGERY!! Go to a MAGNET certified hospital!! There you will get the best care!
They charge outrageous fees for a quick exam by the doctor. The nursing staff do most of the work and it takes forever to get in and out of the emergency room. They don't treat pain. My husband was having severe kidney stones and they refused to give him any pain meds he was there for hours crying and vomiting. After several hours, we left to St. Luke's RMC E.R. he was treated promptly. He was taken to a room and the doctor came in before he was checked. He was on pain meds and exams were done and a urology consult was made. Rating for st als is poor. St Luke's boise was better.
Great hospital. Has treated my family and I great since we moved here. I've had 2 children there as well as been their ER. The staff is great and the MD's are superb. As for the billing, obviously no one likes receiving hospital bills, but they are much cheaper than other hospitals I've been to. I've been to many hospitals for visits, care, etc. and this one tops them all. It's clean and the rooms feel like a hotel room. They have a lifelong customer.
St. Alphonsus is a horrible hospital. They rooms stink and the nursing staff are careless and inattentive. They will overcharge you for tests and services that are unnecessary. Their billing staff will not work with you and even if you bring up issues about your "medical" care and runaway testing and services, they basically agree with you, but tell you that you owe anyway. The worst hospital experience I have had in my 60 years of life. If you have a choice, go to St. Likes instead. I hear they are more compassionate and willing to work with you instead of using you like you are a money machine.