Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Ratings for Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Value

This place cares nothing about your well being, it's all about the Benjamin's. If you don't have the best insurance (which most people don't these days after Obama screwed up health Care with his Obamacare) they will put a band-aid on a amputation and send you on your way and then charge you as if you received the best health Care. It wasn't this way with them 15 yrs ago but now it's money money money and if you don't have it please go somewhere else to die.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Value

I went there to discuss an overcharge for a service I received in the ER. While there, the valet parking attendant stole a $400 camera from my vehicle. Security refused to help me and their Risk Mgt Office laughed and said the parking people did not work for LRMC and they were not going to investigate. This hospital OVER CHARGES for services and STEALS PROPERTY from patients.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Value

I had a bypass here and was taken care of around the clock. I didn't have a problem with any of their clinicians or doctors. In fact, there was a wheelchair waiting for my arrival at the ER - when I wasn't in dire straights. Everyone seemed very caring, so I don't know why there are complaints. I was there for 10 days and had no problems other than my heart, but the care couldn't have been any better.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Value

When we found out that my wife was to have a historectomy, we were worried about what could happen related to the procedure. All kinds of thoughts were racing through our heads as we got closer to surgery day. My wife is my life and I worry about her so much. I pictured a complicated surgery and days of recovery in an uncomfortable recovery room. We arrived at Lakeland Regional Medical Center early. We weren't waiting long before the staff had us processed, checked in and ready to roll. Dr.John Ellington met with family to thoroughly explain the procedure, from the moment he walked in the room, we all knew that my wife was in good hands. Dr. Ellingtons bed side manner, demeanor and personality in concert with his knowledge and experience were a breath of fresh air. In this modern world, it is good to know that there still exists " Real" doctors. After the surgery we were taken to a room on the fourth floor. I arrived shortly after my wife expecting a hustle, bustle, high stress noisy working environment where the staff were just to busy to actually care, only doing the minimum to not kill the patient. This is what I've seen at so many other hospitals in the past. What a surprise to see a group of real professionals at work. Led by Joe, the head nurse, assisted by nurse Shay and Kiara, the night shift made us feel like my wife was the only patient on the floor. They truly cared about her, tending to every concern. It almost felt like we were in a hotel and not a hospital. On the day shift Nurses Arlene and Bea assisted by Judy made us feel like we were visiting with family as opposed to being patient and spouse. Nurse Iwona was comforting and professional on the night before our discharge. I had no idea that this level of work ethic still existed, but it does and that is a refreshing thing. My thanks to Doctor Ellington and the entire staff that assist him with important work. Bless you all.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Value

To sum things up, if you are pregnant and wanna keep your baby don't go to this hospital & if you wanna keep your life ... dont go to this hospital. The End.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Value

LRMC has made a lot of improvements. Our family member has been their twice in 2 years for serious medical problems. They had a lot of after surgery issues and first time was there for months. First time all of the nurses were great except 1 guess there's a bad apple in everything. As with all doctors some did not explain things or take up much time but others were great. Think the first surgeon during first stay messed up as had to repeat surgery several times and is no longer there, second time around surgeon was excellent. Food is good hospital in new area is clean old area is rather depressing tho. They are making great strides at LRMC. Had a family member go to Bartow one time would never ever go back there again. When you think of it the staff at hospitals deal with thousands of patients and I think they do a pretty good job considering.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Value

I was hospitalized with c diff infection I can not complain about the care I received. My husband was hospitalized twice last year. Once for open heart surgery and I can not praise the staff enough for the care he received.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2013

Value

I was brought into emergency with a UTI . I was sent home to early still with the infection and no meds. I was back in emergency 2 days later. 2nd time in I did get meds. It was hard to get a nurse to come when I pushed the call button. It was crazy noisy at night very impossible to sleep. It felt dirty inside. I am home now still sick I also caught a lung infection while there. I would not recommend this hospital.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2012

Value

In dealing with the nurses at Lakeland Regional I have found that while they seem pleaant they do NOT commincate positive outlooks on patients

flag | Submitted July 29, 2012

Value

My recent stay at LRMC was an absolute nightmare. 6 hours in the ER on a gurney with no top sheet or blanket to keep warm with and to preserve my privacy as I was brought in wearing only shorts and a t-shirt. I was in such terrible pain that I threw up several times in to a very tiny little pink dish another person who was sitting in a chair along the same wall in the hallway I was at. When the lady doctor who I do not remember her name came around and told me to pee in a little jar. I tried to pee and could not. She came back and told me from the symptoms I have I am in pain from a urinary infection then she discharged me. I went home for a few hours. The pain was so bad my neighbor took me to Bartow. It took them about 30 minutes to inject me with some kind of dye and do a x-ray. The doctor(a cutie) showed me 4 little black things inside my kidney. He gave me a shot of something strong enough it made the pain go away. Perscription was picked up and the next day I passed all them.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

Doctors at Lakeland Regional Medical Center

Dr. Tarek G. Garas

Dr. Tarek G. Garas

Latest Rating

Dr. Garas is the best OB I have ever seen. Very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. Cares about your feelings not just the medical aspect.

Dr. G. Byron Hodge

Dr. G. Byron Hodge

Latest Rating

Great bedside manner to go along with his expertise. Why did he leave Lakeland Health System?

Dr. Jay Mulaney

Dr. Jay Mulaney

Latest Rating

Fantastic results. Great not to have to wear glasses for 99 percent of vision requirements which I had to do since 2nd grade in 1945.

Dr. Terrence S. Delikat

Dr. Terrence S. Delikat

Latest Rating

Dr Delikat is an amazing physician with a pleasant office staff. He took his time answering all my questions and was easy to understand. Some previous reviews of ... Read more

Dr. Randy V. Heysek

Dr. Randy V. Heysek

Latest Rating

Wonderful Doctor and staff,husband was treated exceptionally well. As of now cancer free.Thanks to Dr. Heysek.

Dr. James B. Mammel

Dr. James B. Mammel

Latest Rating

Dr. Mammel was an OK guy. He was nice enough, but only talked to me for a minute or two each appointment and didn't bother to get to know me. When I actually went in... Read more

Dr. Douglas A. Shenkman

Dr. Douglas A. Shenkman

Latest Rating

Dr. Shenkman performed a full hip replacement on my right hip in July 2016; I have very severe arthritis in both hips - bone on bone grinding and extremely painful... Read more

Dr. Herminio Cuervo

Dr. Herminio Cuervo

Latest Rating

Dr. Cuervo was very experienced, knowledgeable and provided me with details of the diagnosis. He was very thorough and explained, what my diagnosis was, what c... Read more

Dr. Grazyna A. Jakubicz

Dr. Grazyna A. Jakubicz

Latest Rating

Very thorough. Takes her time and notices things other doctors have missed. Goes beyond internal medicine and cares for the patient as a whole. Very good bedside ... Read more

Dr. Agnes Ubani

Dr. Agnes Ubani

Latest Rating

I've been seeing Dr. Ubani for a while now and today was my first time going to the MLK office and Dr Torres was the Dr there today. Ok my appointment was at 2:40 an... Read more