St Vincents Medical Center

Hospital

Rate St Vincents Medical Center

Ratings for St Vincents Medical Center

Value

St Vincent's Southside save me once10 years ago went back2 yrs ago. They waited 12 hours to do a cardiac Cath act like I was lying. I did have a heart attack someone didn't catch it on the lab work . Too late to clear artery. Live with pain everyday. Treated me badly after as if it was my fault. Kicked me out in a taxi cuz my daughter couldn't get there in time. Sitting home with a gown no underwear no shoes in a taxi. After having a heart attack. No medication. Who does stuff like this and I had insurance even. Clothes are soaked in a bag lost my meds that I brought with me like they tell you to bring..

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

Aided in misdiagnosis which led 2 the death of my son

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Value

There are good doctors and there are bad doctors in the world. Dr. John Yokitis is the worst doctor. Terrible eye contact, awful bedside manner, poor communication. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Value

Difficult to access parking and building entry for handicapped person. No real handicapped restrooms facilities in Dillon Building. Parking garage provides only first floor entry to building. Elevators are antiquated and at times only one in service.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Value

Parking is awful even using the parking garage. The building is only accessible on the first floor from the parking garage. So it means two separate elevator trips. The so called handicapped restroom in the Dillon Building does not have stalls large enough for a walker much less a wheelchair.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Value

I been going to St Vincents ever since I was born. Its a great hospital with good employees. They take good care of their patients.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Value

Shame on St. Vincent’s! My ER patient experience was awful. I walked into the ER in incredible pain due to a appendicitis. After seeing a triage nurse and communicated my symptoms of worsening progressive pain I did not have a physician evaluation or CT scan for over four hours. Then I was told that I must wait to “be fit into the surgery schedule the next morning. My appendix easily could have ruptured, leading to fatal peritonitis due to St. Vincent's triage team not treating my obvious symptoms and danger signs. Never go here!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Value

I feel bad for anybody who has to be treated by Christine Jonestone, MD. She is by far the worst doctor that I have ever encountered in an emergency situation. She patronized me and spoke down to me and misdiagnosed my condition. I was diagnosed with alcoholism by her when in actuality, I have epilepsy, which was confirmed by an emergency doctor at Baptist Hospital later that day. It is sad that a hospital like St. Vincents (riverside) would employ such an incompetent physician. Her last words to me at discharge were "go back to the streets where you belong." Little did she realize that I'm actually a homeowner in Avondale with exceptional health insurance. It was only that I had a seizure in the shower and arrive at St. Vincent hospital in Riverside via ambulance with no clothes on or identifying information. She assumed I was homeless because of the way that I arrived at the hospital. She should be ashamed of herself and I will NEVER recommend her or St. Vincent's as a direct result of her actions.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Value

St. Vincent's Hospital Riverside Saved my dads life finding a blockage in his throat that Florida Hospital in Orlando missed four times and Health Central missed once and probably caused by shoving tube down his throat in 2011 for an unnecessary bowel obstruction surgery. Back to St. Vincents, the only problem which could have been very serious is after the removal of the blockage, a second doctor came in and described a much more difficult operation to remove the blockage, believing that he was going to perform the surgery the next day. After the doctor drew me a picture of what he planned to do, I informed him that my dad had already had surgery with the new less invasive surgery being used since 2012 in California. Whew, like I said, glad I, his daughter was there. If you or loved one goes to this facility, just pay attention. Really anywhere you or loved ones should be checked out for accuracy.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Value

St. Vincent's Riverside Medical Center charges $24,000 PER DAY for regular room and board and nursing care. As a caregiver of the elderly, I have spent many hours there with my clients, whom I've found wearing gowns with multiple, old and fresh stains, dirty linens in their room not picked up for well over 24 hours and the following story. I went to take a client home, helped her to the bathroom and her feet kept sliding when she tried to stand because the staff had put her socks on upside down, with the gripping side on top of her feet instead of on the bottom. The socks weren't twisted, but obviously put on backwards. REALLY?? My client was ALREADY at risk for falling . I left a small stuffed animal with a client and made sure to put my phone number and name on the bottom, but it went missing. They didn't pack all his things, including his phone charger, but IT was still there. I was going to get a ticket until I told the police I wouldn't even BE there if they had packed all his belongings. During a visit, that same client had on an old, dirty gown, was thirsty, had dry lips and 9 of his greeting cards were on the floor. One of his Cheer Cards was printed in black and white and had a huge line down the center. This man was in the hospice unit, but not expected to die any time soon, just in transition rom assisted living to another facility. So much for patient comfort. The drive-up canopy area is a disaster, because the techs bring patients leaving the hospital right to the beginning of the canopy, so cars back up just waiting to drop someone or their car off for valet service. The valets don't encourage people to form two lanes though there is plenty of room, so several people have to wait while ONE patient is loaded to go home. The dark-haired middle-aged lady valet is not the nicest and certainly not very practical or creative when it comes to traffic flow. The last straw was when I returned to the breast center worried about an ultrasound they ordered and sat there waiting for two hours, checked in, but then forgotten. $4,000 for a mammogram (when the previous one was free) is quite high considering how many dozens of women they examine every day. One tech said, "you should get one free every year," and $2,600 paid by my insurance wasn't enough. I'll clean up anything in that hospital to work off my bill, but certainly don't intend to pay nearly $2,000 more dollars including the radiologist's fee. The one thing that impressed me is that they did find my client's dentures in the laundry. Wow!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Doctors at St Vincents Medical Center

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.