Brandon Regional Hospital

Hospital

Rate Brandon Regional Hospital

Ratings for Brandon Regional Hospital

Value

I've been a patient there 2x, and both times they nearly killed me. I will NEVER return there. It is commonly called the Death Hospital. They overdosed me with three times the amount of BP meds necessary, when the third tech dosed me I asked what the medication was, and I then learned that I'd been given the med three times, my BP started to fall to a dangerous low, a crash cart was called for, and the staff was in a panic. After being stabilized, I checked out and was taken to Tampa General, they fixed what damage had been done by BRH. Run from this hospital, the entire industry in the Greater Tampa Bay area knows that this is the hospital where you are more likely to leave in a body bag than in an upright position.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Value

I went 6 hours before receiving pain medication!!! After showing no improvement, I was discharged when I was in no condition to leave. I couldn't even walk!!! When they wheeled me out in the wheel-chair, I told the nurse's assistant that I felt light headed and was about to pass out. He proceeded to walk away and NEVER RETURNED!!!! They totally lack the expertise that you would expect at a major hospital. I'll never go back there again!!!!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Value

From the ER to the ICU i lost 2 family members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Value

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! nobody there cares, they're just there because its a job.....

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Value

The ER is the worst. I went there because I was having great trouble breathing and had pains in my left arm and chest. I thought I had pneumonia, which I get at least once a year. After a long wait, I was given a shot to release water from my system (for my heart), and since the ER was busy, they had me wait on a bed along a wall in a hallway just outside of the ER. No privacy curtain. Had to use the rest room down a very long hallway. The shower in the filthy restroom was filled with wet white sheets soaked with blood! I was afraid to touch anything. I was later given a chest xray and waited a long time before seeing a doctor. He listened to my lungs, wrote "bronchitis" on my release form and sent me home. This was at 11 a.m. About an hour after release, I began to vomit, had more chest pain and great difficulty breathing, so I went to my primary doctor, told her about Brandon Hosp., and after an exam and EKG, she told me and my husband I was having a heart attack asked him to take me to Florida Hospital. She called the ER, and they were expecting me, so I was immediately treated properly. Heart attack was confirmed. A CT scan also revealed double pneumonia and empyema. My lungs were filled with 6 liters of fluid, so much that my lungs tore away from my chest wall. They put a drain tube in my back and then scheduled surgery the next day to remove part of my left lung and re attach the pleura(lung sac) to my chest wall with a total 10 day stay in critical care unit and outpatient re-hab. So, the Brandon Hospital ER doc did insufficient exam and test, got diagnosis wrong, and thought I was well enough to go home. On the very same day, another hospital did things right, and I lived to tell about it. This experience speaks for itself. I feel very fortunate to have been given time, choice, and a second chance.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

Value

Malfunctioning equipment amongst other issues. Some of the "Nurse's " need attitude adjustments and need to be re-tested on a monthly basis. My Surgeon and his P.A gets 5 stars

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Value

I recently had a terrible experience in the ER. I saw triage nurse and had a CT scan. I waited 7 hours in the lobby of the ER until I was called back to get the results. Finally saw the doctor on the 8th hour and discharged after 9 hours. We asked repeatedly for the results, thinking if it was not serious we could leave....we were literally trapped there in the lobby with no one willing to give us answers, so we couldn't leave, based on our insurance a doctor had to sign me out. I don't usually don't take to reviews like seriously, but if you are reading this I hope you do. If you have a choice, don't go there!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Value

This Hospital is just like Tampa General Hospital. Both are meat markets full of unprofessional people running around pretending to know what they are doing when they don't.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Value

Have your baby at St Joseph's hospital....BRH is nothing but a money pit with very little family oriented centered care...

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Value

My wife gave birth to our son here and had the best experience in the maternity ward. However, the ER is a disgrace. We have taken our son there numerous times and have sat in the filthiest waiting area to be serviced by rude employees. Then, the nurse in the pediatric ward taped my son's arm to hold in his IV, with some type of casting tape. She taped it so tight that his skin was puffing through the small openings where it was wound. Another nurse, trying to adjust the tightness, couldn't remove the tape and had to soak and peel at his arm for over an hour! Which caused more pain and tears to an already bad situation. When we finally got my son comfortable and calmed down, the 'bad' nurse came back in, shut the lights off and in a rude, loud voice ordered him to sleep because it was bedtime, according to her. We had to calm him down all over again. To make mattters worse, a couple months later, we received a bill on hospital letterhead that turned out to be fake. Amazing this place.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Doctors at Brandon Regional Hospital

Dr. Alan B. Halsey

Dr. Alan B. Halsey

Latest Rating

I have been a patient for 16 years and will continue to return. Caring, compassionate and very knowledgeable!

Dr. James E. Baron

Dr. James E. Baron

Outstanding Staff Badge

Latest Rating

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. baron: 3 appointments dealing with a postmenapausal problem. He is a great listener, and he was very caring. I plan to conti... Read more

Dr. Joseph Chiaramonte

Dr. Joseph Chiaramonte

Latest Rating

I have been going to Dr. Joseph for about a year now and he is the best Dr. I have ever been too. He is so honest and caring with his patients. The only thing that I... Read more

Dr. Philip Henkin

Dr. Philip Henkin

Latest Rating

Great doctor and surgeon. Gave me back life. Would recommend highly.

Dr. Greg J. Den Haese

Dr. Greg J. Den Haese

World Class Punctuality Badge

The best Doctor by far that I have ever seen. He listens and he cares

Dr. Ricardo R. Martinez

Dr. Ricardo R. Martinez

Latest Rating

I totally disagree with other Dr Martinez ratings. I was scheduled for a surgery and a certificated was required by the Sarasota hospital. For more than a week, my D... Read more

Dr. Natasha J. Champion

Dr. Natasha J. Champion

Latest Rating

I love my Doctor !! She is the Bomb.com she is always available and makes me feel comfortable .. Thanks Dr. Champion for always taking good care of me .

Dr. Hector A. Arango

Dr. Hector A. Arango

Latest Rating

What a Terrific Doctor! Brilliant, Professional, Compassionate, ahead of the rest in providing treatment. I was awake and eating after a morning Hysterectomy for sta... Read more

Dr. Greg C. Kaiser

Dr. Greg C. Kaiser

Latest Rating

The only doctor who has ever sat there and answered my questions and explained things in a way I could clearly understand.

Dr. Paul L. Jones

Dr. Paul L. Jones

Latest Rating

He does a thorough examination and takes times to answer questions. He explains what to expect in future with hearing loss and advises ways to protect our hearing.