Medstar-Georgetown Medical Center

Medstar-Georgetown Medical Center

Hospital

Rate Medstar-Georgetown Medical Center

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Medstar-Georgetown Medical Center

Value

From my personal experience, going back over 14 years and more, I am extremely disappointed with how the team of doctors and medical professionals handled my personal health case. I trusted GU for brain surgery and to follow through helping long term in treating me and seeing that the surgery results were treated properly and also so that they could learn for future patients. I felt more I was a guinea pig with a certified doctor giving more attention to the video camera to document my surgery than to me, with my head open, as they had me awake during the surgery. Fourteen plus years since surgery I am in pain, sorrow and having trouble finding proper verified certification doctors to help me. I trusted the team of GU doctors and lost so much of my hopes, such as to be a mom and now am caught in place of financially unstable 41 year old currently living in my parents basement and have made too many mistakes in trying to find myself since surgery, find help, find truth and find a way to feel life feeling a live and choices with more than my disability and feel Blake of surgery on all me. Patients be very careful in choices you make, I thought I was making the right choice then, yet now If I could do it over I would have taken it slower, gotten advice from other neurological doctors of surgery as next option, ask to have testing to VNS done first and research doctors and surgeons at GU and other places. Make choices carefully considering both sides and if/when you receive treatment such as brain surgery, get in writing with signature the doctors and medical teams plan to following through treating you, I greatly advise each patient have those plans with doctors truly committing on paper with their signature (not a stamp or copy), each human should be able to receive proper medical treatment and have doctors follow through and not have result lead to feeling it is all on patient, It's the doctors responsibility for each patient past and possible ways patients in future are treated. I recommend you do not accept doctors asking to video record, pictures etc during your surgery, it may be hard to say no, remember it is your life (or a person you love) and you/the patient should be the focus for your future and chances of better outcome. Also if an intern is the primary doctor taking care of such as watching patients vitals (I.e. Anesthiologist) if you are in a place able to stop and ask for better care or have a family member in surgery room I recommend you do) I felt I lost so much of myself and have had and still am struggling from the choice in trusting GU doctors and management of my health. Remember you deserve the best, I wish you each the best in finding health care you deserve and in living life to your fullest with happiness and people seeing beauty in you!

Submitted June 30, 2017 | flag

Value

I liked my Doctor and anesthesiologist,I always like when surgery goes well.The food was good.Everything else was acceptable.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2012 | flag