Queensway Carleton Hospital

Queensway Carleton Hospital

Hospital

Rate Queensway Carleton Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Queensway Carleton Hospital

Value

unbelievably horrible experiences..... idiotcy runs rampant. Im cautuously comfortable with giving them the responsibility of making a timmies run, and taking it from there, i shouldnt make a joke due to the serioussness of the situation. run.

Submitted June 22, 2017 | flag

Value

Went to the hospital for an Endoscope. Procedure seemed fine but ended up back at emergency with severe pain and copious vomiting five hours later. Aparently a one in ten million risk had occurred and I had acute pancreatitis. Emergency service was slow but they did find the problem and I was admitted to a ward. It was e xtremely noisy and whoever decided on visitors 24 hours should be shot. There was a constant level of noise that totally precluded sleep or healing. The nurses are overworked and do try their best. I was there six days and discharged myself on the sixth as I just couldn't face another night there. Had discharge papers all ready just waiting for a C. difficile test result. It was a "protocol" issue,neither the Drs or the nurses thought I had it . I waited In the noise and general confusion for 6 and.half hours before finally discharging myself. Why if C. difficile is such a bad disease is there not a far more efficient way to get test results. Staff would not phone the lab as the computer said it was "pending". The actual medical work was good but the overall level of cleanliness and attention to patient needs was poor. For example my sheet were not changed for three although they were blood spotted and very sweaty. No-one offered to help me(72,arthritic and in great pain,wash or change gowns etc. It was all do it yourself. Many more problems as well, not happy at all

Submitted June 2, 2017 | flag

Value

I had a hip replacement done at QCH. It was originally cancelled due to lack of beds. I was quite upset about this as it was cancelled asI was preparing to go in to the OR. I do understand why this happened but was still upset. The staff was very supportive and looked after parking. I even had a visit by the hospitals patient ombudsman prior to my re scheduled surgery who gave my wife some additional parking passes. Very impressed that she made the effort to visit us.
Staff both in the OR and in my room were outstanding as was the Physio and OT staff. Everything I needed they were there for me.
Thanks QCH.

Submitted June 1, 2017 | flag

Value

We brought my son in with a deer tick embedded in his body and the QCH assessed him as a low priority. He had to wait several hours more to have the tick removed. According to published provincial and city information on Lyme disease – the hospital’s conduct increased his risk of getting the disease. It seems unprofessional to risk a child's health like this. I hope the medical community’s practices catch up with their own published advice on the handing of ticks and Lyme disease.

Submitted May 30, 2017 | flag

Value

I have just come home from laparascopic gallbadder day surgery. The skills and service were excellent. I would recommend this hospital for those who need this procedure. I had surgery at 8:30 am and had a sleep at home and now at close to 11 PM have finished some high fibre cereal, a slice of toast, plain tomato soup eaten cold, and a cup of coffee. I hope to go to extra strength tylenol tomorrow, which I take for arthritis. Since about 1 pm today I have also carefully walked in my tall townhouse, up and down about 20 flights of stairs, slowly and carefully. I also a, burping freely to get rid of gas. I would like to thank surgeon Dr. winckel, anesthetist Dr. Reid, nurse Alex and others I cannot name. Now to try to lose some weight as I am over 200 pounds, and am in my later 50s.

Submitted May 25, 2017 | flag

Value

Absolutely terrible experience here. I went to the QCH emergency room with a requisition for a CT scan from an ER doctor in Kemptville. I was taken in almost right away with suspected compression of a nerve in my back. I was told I needed to be reassessed by a doctor then I would be sent for a CT scan. Dr. Sara Hostland was that doctor. She came in, asked me a few questions, felt my legs, moved them around, then left the room. After waiting over an hour, I asked about the CT scan, and was told by the nurse that the doctor "cancelled it". Dr. Hostland was of course no where to be found, and after multiple requests to speak to her and over 30 minutes of waiting, I left the hospital with no answers, yet still in severe back and leg pain, with a numb foot, and hardly able to walk. Terrible hospital, terrible doctor. Avoid them like the plague.

Submitted May 14, 2017 | flag

Value

Very caring and attentive ER nurses and doctors! I am usually hesitant to seek medical attention due to anxiety, but this experience has made me more open to seeking help :)

Submitted May 5, 2017 | flag

Value

Bad service took 10 hours. For appointment. No clenning people sick .

Submitted April 25, 2017 | flag

Value

Emergency staff was rude and unprofessional. After being admitted eventually, the staff on my floor was professional. If I ever feel I am having another heart attack I will insist to go to another hospital. Waiting too long in ER to be seen by doctor. Could have died. I reported this to the Director of patient services. I was brought in by ambulance and begged the admin staff to expedite me to get assistance but they ignored me. Waited so long in ER that I fainted in the wheelchair I was sitting in. Woke up in the morning and begged to be seen and that worked. I was eventually transferred to the Heart Institute for heart surgery and returned to the Queensway. The care after my surgery was A1.

Submitted April 20, 2017 | flag

Value

The Dr's and nurses were wonderful!!! The Dr took his time to try to understand what was happening and did his best to make sure I felt comfortable and stayed calm. Truly appreciated.

Submitted April 17, 2017 | flag