Montfort Hospital

Montfort Hospital

Hospital

Rate Montfort Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Montfort Hospital

Value

Twice the attending doctor almost killed me. The second time, I was lucky that my nurse daughter rescued me from the cancer surgery that was planned for me. I will NEVER go back to that place.

Submitted June 27, 2017 | flag

Value

Triage nurse with a chip on her shoulder, thinks arguing with patients is preferable to actually helping them. She jumped to the defensive when I asked some questions, then tried to pin the blame on me when she said she didn't appreciate MY attitude (when she's the one giving it). She needs to brush up on her people skills or look for another job.

Too bad it was Sunday & there wasn't anyone available over her head.

Once we get past that, the doctors were actually pleasant.

I only go to this hospital because I live nearby and it's convenient. Maybe I should reconsider that.

Submitted June 19, 2017 | flag

Value

I was detained against my will by incompetent staff (psychiatrist) and will never go back to this place. They made up lies about me and diagnosed me with a mental illness while my friends could testify that I was totally sound of mind. I just don't understand how come psychiatrists have so much power to destroy people's life! Unbelievable! This is communism, people: the government will lock you up even if you can prove that you have no mental illness whatsoever. And the Montfort clique is part of this big scheme! Worse: they will try and force you to admit that you're sick just so that the psychiatrists can get $$$ in their big pockets!. The mental health nurses were nice (except a few ones) and the rooms were ok. But I don't agree with their corcition methods to put you on a form and detain you for days and days while waiting for the psychiatrists to relase you (and it all depends on their state of mind and "assessment").

Submitted June 10, 2017 | flag

Value

I was asked to leave after the triage 'nurse' told me "you don't look like you are going to die in the next 5 minutes.". He was too lazy to take my blood pressure. I went to the General campus and was admitted within 5 minutes. It all depends on what language one speaks, if you know what I mean.

Submitted June 4, 2017 | flag

Value

I can do more with a cheap first aid kit in a public washroom than this waste of space.

Submitted May 26, 2017 | flag

Value

This hospital is horrible I'm here with my dad he had a stroke in the emergency room over an hour the doctor hasn't seen him yet. My dad can't talk and move and the nurses and doctors are talking and laughing and having a gathering here right in front of everyone. This is unacceptable and I will take it further

Submitted May 4, 2017 | flag

Value

I had two nightmarish experiences with this horrible place. Taken by ambulance, I had no choice where I was taken. First time, paramedics left me in a chair. I was almost unconscious. No one checked on me. No nurse, no triage. I came to and watched people laughing in line, sneezing, waiting for a doctor to attend to their sniffles. I watched people walking by with water bottles and wished someone would tend to me. After a couple of hours in the waiting room, I made my way to the emergency nurses station. I asked when I would see a doctor. She mislaid my file. Instead of taking into account how long I had suffered sitting there, she put my file at the end of the line of files of people waiting to see a doctor. I waited until I was able to walk out and call a cab. I never saw a doctor.
The second time, I had a toxic reaction to some medication. Swollen tongue, couldn't talk, couldn't make any sense. They treated me like a drug addict. NEVER took a blood test. NEVER provided any electrolytes, or any fluids. They tried to kick me out of my bed at 4am. I told them I couldn't stand, let along walk. They made me get out of the bed to prove it. I fell. They succeeded an hour later and I ended up stumbling through an exit door, into the winter night and the parking lot. I could have died out there if I had passed out. I ended up in their beautiful, cold, marble foyer. I had to drag myself to a receptionist to ask for a cab. She pointed to the direct line.
Once again, I found myself in a cab out of there.
No compassion, no feeling, no humanity.

Submitted April 10, 2017 | flag

Value

The floors are so filthy in the patient's rooms that you can see the marks left behind from the legs of the chairs when the chairs are moved; literally the drag marks in the dirt. The staff, I have no doubt some are not accredited nurses. I had to explain to one nurse what nitro spray is. Lets face the facts here, if you are english you are going to have a terrible experience at this place as there is clear racial bias based on language. There is no "ands, ifs, or buts" about the biases towards the english in this hospital. The 5th floor that is to prep you for surgery is a nightmare. If you are ill, and this is the nearest hospital, get yourself far enough away that an ambulance will take you elsewhere. If you are english, please, for the good of your health, the treatment of yourself and family, DO NOT GO THERE.

Submitted March 30, 2017 | flag

Value

This is the worst most backwards hospital in Ottawa! Im a quadriplegic and have a catheter for passing urine, my catheter had become blocked and was only allowing a very small amounts of urine to pass, meanwhile i waited in the emergency for over 12 hours for a doctor to change my catheter my bladder had filled up to the point of my stomach bloating out..while waiting for the doctor my pain had started to increase tenfold so I went over and let the nurse know as she asked me to do and she coldly told me to go out and wait my turn like everyone else! So I went back out to only end up crying after about five minutes due to the pain...next thing I know I have a big security guard with his hand on my shoulder and the other on my joystick for my chair saying lets go oitside we need to talk...get outside and he tells me I cant be bothering the staff (I had only once went back to the nurse to tell her of the change in my pain as she asked me to do ) so I said this to him and he only said that I have one chance left, so I looked at him and said ill go to the general where ill be treated like a human being! So I go to the general, waited 15-20 minutes and was taken to a back room, changed and on my way home in full relief! Moral of the story I live right beside the montfort and I wouldnt go there if I was dyimg let alone a hangnail, ill always only go to the general or the civic! And thats sad I cant just go next door! Also they are very anti English there! Im lucky my wife is bilingual because if not id have gotten no where at all when I went all three times! Terrible and out of date and prejudice against you if you cant speak french!
Shut it down!

Submitted March 22, 2017 | flag

Value

With one exception...your staff was excellent ...The exemption is your receptionist at urgent care seemed like share leases and was unfriendly ...Not what you expect when you are in pain etc..
She was not friendly or show any compassion...She does a disservice to your wonderful hospital...The rest of your staff , nurses and doctors were great and compassionate..Especially the nurse assigned to me in ICU, Francine, ...She was awesome and made me feel confident and comfortable under some difficult circumstances...

Submitted March 10, 2017 | flag