Huntsville District Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate Huntsville District Memorial Hospital

Ratings for Huntsville District Memorial Hospital

Value

I had a biopsy on July 23/2019 with Dr. Mannish Gupta attending. My experience with Dr. Gupta was excellent and his assistant, a young personable lady( did not get her name) was outstanding. They took time with me and answered all questions and concerns. Based on this experience I have a positive attitude with ungoing procedures at this facility.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Value

On Friday, July 5th, my wife, son a and daughter in law and I had dinner at a local restaurant in town that ended well prematurely as in a bowl of Thai flavoured mussels, I had what was thought to be a piece shell lodged in my throat that would not release despite a major gagging session. My family drove me to the hospital where I spent a fair bit of time in emergency. I could breathe but not swallow. I want to commend the professionalism of the emergency staff in their attention to this matter and calling in a surgeon "Catherine Macmillan and two assistants to begin the process of a scope to remove the object. As it turned out, the spray in the throat to dull the sensitivity caused some deep coughing, releasing what turned out to be a large piece of a bay leaf that had been left in the broth at the restaurant. My family and I express our appreciation to the professional and concerned care of all the staff we saw during the approximately 3 hour process. Having something lodged in your throat is extremely uncomfortable and concerning, A huge than you to the staff, nurses and doctors involved. as we knew you were watching and concerned for my well being. All I had in residual was a sore throat from the scratching that occurred from the bay leaf and perhaps a small piece of shell that ended being swallowed but the rest of our camping trip was uneventful and fun.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2019

Value

The comments below are from people who have no insight. This place is wonderful and the wait times are not their fault. An excellent place who cares about the people they see.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Value

Absolutely disgusting staff who are all very close minded and no longer give a s*** about helping people if you choose to not take chemical drugs every day and will no longer look for the issue

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

Value

I have been a firefighter for 35 years and have NEVER seen this kind of professionalism. Do yourself a favour. Go to a veterinarian instead!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Value

I have been very pleased with the service in this hospital; the staff are very helpful; the doctors are all great; have never had to wait very long; the outside waiting area could use more comfortable chairs while waiting for your loved one to go through emergency. One doctor saved my life for which I am truly thankful. Yes, the hospital is a little older and may need some maintenance but it's definitely worth repairing; we are lucky to have such a great hospital so close by.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2018

Value

Went to emergency with small child. We were treated rudely, almost shouted at. I was blamed for my child crying, when we were waiting in ER for two hours with him being in acute pain. Nurses were absolutely unnecessary rude and showed zero compassion or desire to help. Absolutely awful.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Value

I just moved here and I have NEVER in my life seen such on Competency on all levels! They tell at patients and call security if you want to make a complaint. If you ask for a supervisor there isn't one! They are dirty and the nurses appear to have a few bricks shy of a load. They are immature and blame being busy for not doing their job like taking a full medical history before prioritizing their patients. Turns out my uncle who is 70 having heart issues was less a priority than a 29 year old getting an arm cast. They are rude and condescending. I felt like I was dealing with a Highschool teen having a temper tantrum I would recommend going to a vet before going here for anything. DISGUSTING!!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Value

So not impressed with how they treat the elderly and the wait time is insane

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Value

I was brought into the emerg with severe back pain , yet my feet and legs had no feeling in the skin.. I was kept in the emerg for 6 hours and then sent home and was told to walk it off.. I went back in 3 hours later, only this time I was rushed to toronto because I was properly diagnosed with a spinal cord injury... This hospital sent me home with a spinal cord injury.. and today, I live with intractable pain.. If you have an emergency, go to Orillia Memorial hospital... go anywhere but to this place!

flag | Submitted December 25, 2015

Doctors at Huntsville District Memorial Hospital

Dr. Jennifer MacMillan

Dr. Jennifer MacMillan

Latest Rating

Dr. MacMacmillan is hands down the most fantastic Dr. going..she actually called my wife on multiple occasions to reassure her that everything bad that was in me she... Read more

Dr. James MacDonald

Dr. James MacDonald

Latest Rating

He is soooo sweet and kind. I am amazed how well he treated my mom, especially when he was very busy. He took his time and was super caring. He is also very nice l... Read more