Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Ratings for Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Value

This is by far the worst hospital! I have been too, I have been here multiple times for high blood pressure this pregnancy and was told I was fine even though I explained I am always text book normal so regardless if its borderline its high for me. Some staff sympathized while others have lied to the doctors about other symptoms present saying i dont have protien in urine which my doctor conducted a test in the lab in her building and I do. I do not have a headache which I have for the past three days bow I told her about my upper quadrant pain and she claims its just indegestion! There lucky baby is still squirming in my tummy I am 35 weeks along! She also claimed that at this stage baby isnt viable for outside the womb so regardless of my pain or even ailment they will not take her out! I honestly felt like asking so if I went into a coma from a siezure and babys heart rate dropped you wouldnt take her out???? What kind of staff are you employeing all the money in the world for these ronovations and you have the worst nurses. If my doctor doesnt deliver my daugher I will be goong to okaville or mcmaster!!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

Value

Currently waiting to be seen and my wife was CTAS 2 and we've been waiting since 12:30. I guess the value placed on her life isn't high enough

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Value

Had surgery and was there for four days. Had nurse Lorna yell at me, leave pieces in while catheterized, procedure done incorrectly, went 4 meals in a row with no food. Step in silicone Bring your own linens especially facecloths as you won't get it at hospital. I would NEVER recommend this hospital.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Value

I have been a patient three times in the last four weeks, and I still have little or no resolution for what appears to be a growing medical issue. Like many others who have posted on here, while the hospital renovations make the location pleasant to look at, the staff are ineffective and do not care about the level of service they provide. Of course, not all should be painted with the same brush - some of the intake nurses in triage were quite lovely and helpful. However, there were others that were rude and condescending and clearly did not want to be there. One nurse referenced the hospital as a "business" and that even though she is a nurse, she agrees that the hospital must look out for the "business" - even if it means turning away patients. She was literally with me for less than 5 minutes and made several inaccurate assumptions and even commented on my attire (I came straight from work, so was well dressed). In dealing with the ER doctors, I was released with no instructions on further care or relief from the pain that brought me into the hospital to begin with. Once it was ruled out that it was not an "acute" issue, they released me. I was actually taken aback with the callas regard they had, and basically insinuated that I wasted there time. (To clarify, I went in with two fairly serious issues (blood in my stool, and sudden onset of pressure behind my eye with blurry vision). I had called Telehealth in advance of my first visit to determine if ER was a necessary evil that I had to endure, which it was the recommendation of the nurse. I would definitely say that care is sub-par and would strongly consider driving into Toronto to avoid having to go back to this place. If you are going here, definitely be wary and force the nurses and doctors to provide you answers and not simply brush you off.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Value

My dying father was caused additional and unnecessary stress by his doctor telling him to sell his house in order to afford a retirement home, for which my father was obviously not a candidate. Also, due to his silence at a hospital meeting, this doctor implicated his colleague (a doctor in his practice) for a detrimental drug change (no rationale was given for the drug change). At the hospital meeting, I asked him directly and he still did not take responsibility and admit that he had ordered the script change. Yet, when the hospital investigation was concluded, it was revealed that this seemingly revered doctor had made the script change. Why did he lie to me? Even near the end of my father's life, and having had a nurse call him in the afternoon, he neglected to renew a hospital script and another call had to be made during the night. This was frustrating for all concerned, including the day nurse who told the doctor about the script expiry. Even with a dying, elderly patient, he sided with the rest of the bureaucrats in stating that it's the hospital 'philosophy' that a dying family member goes home or to a retirement home (when it is actually nursing / medical care that is needed). My father died days later. Beware! Do not be intimidated by their family meetings. Yes, they mandated that I attend a second meeting and insisted that it be held at noon; all the while my dad was unable to feed himself and needed my help. This doctor should have advocated on his patient's behalf! Although I pleaded to change the time, they insisted on a noon meeting. Melanie Potvin, Director Medicine Services, did not put the patient first, only her own schedule took precedence. Were they hoping that I'd be intimidated by a second meeting? Hah! Beware! Educate yourselves! There were many others with similar circumstances. It may indeed be JBH's 'philosophy' to send a dying patient home or to a retirement home, regardless if it is in the best interests of the patient. However, it is NOT government policy!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Value

UGH I hate going to this hospital. It is always an awful experience. I waited 7 hours in pain, for the "dr" to coast in, not introduce me to the person he brought with him, diagnose me with muscle pain with no real exam, only to then find out I have a host of other issues. I'm following up on his ineptitude. 7 hours!!! BEFORE BEING SEEN!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Value

60 million dollar investment :( - staff at best are there for the pay cheque - lower marks for comprehensive patient care

flag | Submitted September 26, 2018

Value

Thank you for taking care of my dad! He was given great care!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Value

First I will say great improvement with decor beautiful private rms now the sad truth is whoever the er dr on duty Monday Sept 17 300am was very arogantand condescending I was brought to the er by ambulance after being coaxed by my husband to go after vomiting for 48hrs the dr took one look at my past visits and I quote him as being told the only reason being there was for opiates which was totally not the case I had been diagnosed about 12yrs ago with panniculitis and do I use opiates yes I do which is controlled by my family dr after trying different avenues and after 3 back surgeries that is the path unfortunately I have to use This dr took no interest in looking further at my symptoms but to just come out accusing me looking 4 drugs well I would like to state not all patients who use opiates for pain management are seeking more drugs by all means I didn't even want to come jbmh being a burly resident all my life and being born at jbmh I was so upset about the treatment from this 1 dr and hopefully he can be taught proper bed side manners understanding g all patients are not the same I am 50 year old woman who was very ill and was only exacberated more from this dr all he had to do was look at my past admissions and did all tests and would of realized I was there for medical help NOT drugs.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Value

Terrible hospital. My husband sustained a bad head wound in a household accident. They kept him for 4.5 hours without suturing. Would not give me information on the phone and when I went to get him, they sent him home with no after care instructions. Worst ever!

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Doctors at Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Dr. William Simmons

Dr. William Simmons

Latest Rating

He is very thorough, takes time with his patients and explains everything fully. And he personally practices what he preaches with regard to heart health.

Dr. Leonard Harris

Dr. Leonard Harris

Latest Rating

Just had rhinoplasty with Dr. Harris. Office and medical staff provided an exemplary overall experience. I had septoplasty done previously to repair deviated septum ... Read more

Dr. Douglas Grace

Dr. Douglas Grace

Latest Rating

Had an eye lift done Nov 28. Absolutely amazing from start to finish. Thank you Dr Grace and nurse Michelle for your incredible work. You gave me my big beautiful ey... Read more

Dr. Khalid Hasanee

Dr. Khalid Hasanee

Latest Rating

I was told I would never see again. Last month Dr h operated on both eyes. I can now see and I have my job and license back. Much gratitude

Dr. Ben Smith

Dr. Ben Smith

Latest Rating

Great talent staff on phone have attitude but very good doctor and as far as all the reviews of bedside manners I don't understand as it's same day in out surgery f... Read more

Dr. Arshad Hack

Dr. Arshad Hack

Latest Rating

I went to speak to him about weight loss and he gives me a theory about prolonged fasting. I thought it didn’t make sense so I started reading a lot of academic arti... Read more

Dr. Shaneela Shahid

Dr. Shaneela Shahid

Latest Rating

My two kids have been patient of Dr. Shahid for last 5 years and we have always found her very helpful & knowledgable.

Dr. Timothy Salter

Dr. Timothy Salter

Latest Rating

Legend! There is no other way to put it. Has been giving me care for 35 years and now my children. He puts his patients first every time. His work ethic and care f... Read more

Dr. John J. Holmes

Dr. John J. Holmes

Latest Rating

The kindest doctor. Always able to make both of my kids laugh and so incredible sensitive and helpful to both me and my husband’s medical needs.

Dr. Sharon Carson

Dr. Sharon Carson

Latest Rating

Such a wonderful person who genuinely cares. So supportive and understanding.