Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Value

The worst hospital you can find in Ontario. My dad spent an entire year there and had 5 operations. He was scared to death of the staff. Some nurses were very mean and abusive. They also fired all their cleaning staff and as a result the place was full of super-bugs like MRSA and C-Diff. Dad's room mate got one of them and we had to wear masks and gowns for outr protection. Recently my friend was there visiting a patient and a guy came in and swept dirt under the floor mat right in front of her. After Dad got out and went into a home, we had to rush him back for another operation. He was in excruciating pain and yet had to wait in the Emergency room all day suffering while no one came to help him. There were 6 ambulaces parked outside and no doctors at all. The place is a nightmare. After Dad died there I never got his gold ring returned. Don't call an ambulance in Burlington unless you want to put up a huge fight because they will say that they are obliged to take you to this death trap. My father-in-law spent time there and afterwards begged my wife to make sure he never would be taken back but rather taken to Hamilton. My wife's grandmother was told to go home with no treatment for her broken hip. The young doctor told my wife that she had lived long enough because she was 90. My wife found an older Dr. to treat her and he said the young ones are only there for the money. I could go on all day about this house of horrors but will stop here.

Submitted March 14, 2017 | flag

Value

I spent 5 hours so far in emergency and have still not seen a doctor. Are there any vet clinics nearby where I could get better service because you are treated less than a dog here.

Submitted March 14, 2017 | flag

Value

Best hospital I have ever been in. Extraordinary staff and very professional attitude everywhere in this hospital.

Submitted March 12, 2017 | flag

Value

A number of years ago I had day surgery at Joseph Brant. The nurses insisted that my husband go home and they would call him when I was ready to leave which he was told would be around 4:30pm. I was slow to come out of the anesthetic and when I finally woke up there was no one around. The nursing staff had all gone home and I was there by myself. I begged the man cleaning the floors to get me a drink. He went to find a nurse but there was no one. He had pity on me and gave me a small glass with straw, but said he wasn't suppose to give me anything... thank goodness he did. I was very upset and my mouth was as dry as a desert. My surgery had been at 1:00 pm and now it was evening. My mind was still foggy and I was confused. Meanwhile, my husband had been repeatedly calling the hospital trying to find out when I could be picked up. When he called in the late afternoon, they told him not to call back and that they would call him. They never called. Eventually, at 8:30pm, he came to the hospital and found me all by myself. He searched for a nurse to ask for my clothes and to let them know he was taking me home. He found no one. After looking around, we found my clothing and he helped me get dressed and helped me walk out of the hospital. There was no one in the day surgery department to tell we were leaving and no one asked about me as I left the hospital although it was clear by my inability to walk properly that I was not fully recovered. We left the hospital and no one ever called to see what happened to me. I would never go to Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital again.

Submitted March 8, 2017 | flag

Value

Within a week of my Mother passing away at Joe Brant Hospital, I received a letter addressed to my late Mother ASKING FOR A DONATION !!!! Some Nurses were excellent. Some were very poor. Likewise for the Doctors. I had my Mother taken to the ER 3 times in less than a month before she was finally admitted. By that time the infection she had was way out of control and that eventually led to other problems that ultimately resulted in her death. The JBH building doesn't need renovation. The JBH Personnel needs renovating. Absolutely horrific experience. After receiving a 12:30 AM phone call notifying me of my mom's death I went to the Hospital to do the identification. The Nurse on Duty DIDN"T KNOW HOW TO FILL OUT THE PAPER WORK !!! An absolutely HORRIFIC EXPERIENCE !!

Submitted March 6, 2017 | flag

Value

Worst ER in the world. The staff treat people like trash in every aspect and every step of the way . If you go there be prepared to wait 10. Or more hours. I have walked out of there 3 times for being disrespected by the nurses who are too busy chatting. I went there for a severe mental health issue and never saw a DR. Walked out after 10 hrs of waiting and they didn't even know I was gone until I. Had been back home for an hour. Unfortunately we are forced to bring my 82 yr old father there for the last few years and they leave him on his own oxygen until it runs out and then you have to beg them for help. Again the wait time is 10 or more hours before a doctor gives you a rude opinion without allowing you to ask questions. I cannot imagine the treatment a senior with no family is treated. Better to go to a veterinarian.

Submitted March 1, 2017 | flag

Value

The nurses and the doctors in the birthing unit are absolutely miserable!! No personality!! They need to hire people who make their patients feel like human beings. Terrible staff! It's unfortunate that people like this are hired for these positions. Miserable!!

Submitted Feb. 23, 2017 | flag

Value

When I went for the first time to Joseph Brant, I was a little nervous, and didn't know where to go. My first person immediately picked up that I was new and approached me and gave me directions to the office I was looking for. When I got there the lady behind the counter (Radiology), she made me feel right at home and gave me wonderful advice and directions to my point of issue. On leaving she questioned me if I was ok and wished me good luck.

Submitted Feb. 17, 2017 | flag

Value

People fail to understand the process of how hospitals work! Firstly, when you arrive to the hospital, you are triaged by a nurse. Every case is prioritized depending on the severity and urgency of your "emergency" . They take everything into consideration, they may even get your processed started but collecting blood or send you to X-ray right as you get triaged. If you are stable, meaning your vitals signs are within normal range, no respiratory distress including airways, breathing and circulatory issues please do not expect to be seen immediately. They have people stroking out or having a heart attack presently the evidently need their attentions first ( I'm sure if you or your loved one was having a REAL emergency, you wouldn't want to be waiting for the next guy who came in with a controlled bleed for a laceration, for example). Space is limited and not everyone can be seen right away. They are clearly understaffed, barely any doctors in the ER, they work with what they got! The hospital isn't the cleanest and that definitely needs work, however, the hospital is very old..... don't expect you experience to be like what you see on grey's anatomy!!!

Submitted Jan. 14, 2017 | flag

Value

Just one more bad review. This is the WORST place I have ever been. Third world conditions. Nurses more interested in who's dating who.. Doctors that can't be found. Dr. Armstrong , Dr. Liskeard completely useless. My mother is elderly, 95 and they figure she isn't worth their time so she has been waiting for surgery for her hip for 3 days now. I guess the plan is to starve her to death so they don't have to do the operation. Despicable treatment. Go anywhere but there!!

Submitted Dec. 22, 2016 | flag