Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Hospital

Rate Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital

Value

Only experience 18 months ago in orthopaedics. Staff was very helpful. Wards were clean (but rather old)

Submitted May 31, 2017 | flag

Value

Terrible hospital. Have been there several times as EMS wouldn't take me to any other as I live in Burlington. In hospital for 3 months until diagnosis and lost a lot of weight. weighed 87lbs. by the time I got out. LOTS of tests with no information or results given to me. Nurses were too busy with complaining patients (guess I should learn to scream & cry). during that 3 mths the floor in my room was not cleaned properly (for a test a put a clean rolled up bandage under my bed, took 2 wks. until it was swept up). That's only 1 experience. Have several more.

Submitted May 26, 2017 | flag

Value

I promised myself I would never go back; husband with COPD sent there; not well, BP high, blacked out in a coughing fit; waited 5 hours - left; don't waste your time or the care of your loved one! Top notch care? The place is a dump felt like I was in a third world country - get your act together Joe Brant - Burlington area residents deserve much better care! I wouldn't take my dog there!

Submitted May 17, 2017 | flag

Value

Staff are great as for cleanliness its filthy and workers take all parking spots its terrible when you have a disability and cant find a spot to park anywhere any time of day saw ants on the floor and a worker told me they dont charge for them!

Submitted May 16, 2017 | flag

Value

EVEN so I had a bad accident I enjoyed the stay. All the staff was helpful. The place was clean and the service excellent. All doctors and nurses were up to my expectations. I recommend Joseph Brant any time.

Submitted May 4, 2017 | flag

Value

I'm here today because of the excellent care I received at Joseph Brant. A year ago I was taken to Joe Brant by ambulance with what turned out to be a perforated bowel caused by a cancerous tumor in my small intestine. I was cared for by an amazing team of nurses, technicians and doctors including the initial emergency surgery (and a follow up surgery a year later), recovery in post OP, the treatment I received at the cancer clinic for my lymphoma, the various appointments for CT scans, x-rays, echo-cardiograms, and blood work, as well as the many trips I had to make to the ER during chemotherapy.

I'm sorry to see that there are so many negative reviews of Joe Brant online and in the conversations I've had with people since I've moved to Burlington two years ago. It does appear like the hospital is aware of its past reputation and that there are efforts being made to improve the quality of its services. I can't speak to how the hospital might have been before, but I can say that in the past year I've been treated with respect and compassion every time I've been there.

Submitted April 29, 2017 | flag

Value

I had my baby at Joseph Brant with Dr. Psarakis. She is excellent and took great care of me. The nurses in Labour and Delivery were amazing. They took the time to talk to me and I always felt like I was safe and in good hands. There is a new maternity unit, which was wonderful. Nice, big, clean rooms. The only downside was that the TVs are still not working there. They worked in L&D though. The L&D could use a facelift and from what I understand, it is one of the few units not moving to the new tower. That really is too bad. Once again women's health is put on the back burner. I will come back here though- the staff is much better than other hospitals.

Submitted April 26, 2017 | flag

Value

This is my home hospital. My child was born there, my mother was treated there, etc.
Honestly, this is not a hospital of any kind of substance.. which sucks.
Hamilton's McMaster is where you want to go..

The ER and ICU doctors honestly have no answers.
I have been there, time and time again.
And it's like you know more than they do sometimes..

The nurses are amazing and stand by you, and have so much more knowledge.. but get yelled at when overtook by a not-so-there doctor who feels like he/she's been over shadowed.

some pharmacist's there are amazing.
and deserves an award of some kind.. someone who focuses hard.. and shows a lot of care.

this hospital needs work...
on so many levels.

new development? new people? better team?

Submitted April 11, 2017 | flag

Value

I was in for surgery on March 25, 2017. Flawless system. From check in at 7:30 with admin, to the friendly (and gentle) lab tech taking bloodwork - to FANTASTIC kind caring nurses, a great and personable anesthesiologist - to the talented surgeon, Dr. DeJong - nothing but impeccable work. Great communication and teamwork. And bouncing back in no time at all. Thank you!

Submitted March 30, 2017 | flag

Value

The worst hospital you can find in Ontario. My dad spent an entire year there and had 5 operations. He was scared to death of the staff. Some nurses were very mean and abusive. They also fired all their cleaning staff and as a result the place was full of super-bugs like MRSA and C-Diff. Dad's room mate got one of them and we had to wear masks and gowns for outr protection. Recently my friend was there visiting a patient and a guy came in and swept dirt under the floor mat right in front of her. After Dad got out and went into a home, we had to rush him back for another operation. He was in excruciating pain and yet had to wait in the Emergency room all day suffering while no one came to help him. There were 6 ambulaces parked outside and no doctors at all. The place is a nightmare. After Dad died there I never got his gold ring returned. Don't call an ambulance in Burlington unless you want to put up a huge fight because they will say that they are obliged to take you to this death trap. My father-in-law spent time there and afterwards begged my wife to make sure he never would be taken back but rather taken to Hamilton. My wife's grandmother was told to go home with no treatment for her broken hip. The young doctor told my wife that she had lived long enough because she was 90. My wife found an older Dr. to treat her and he said the young ones are only there for the money. I could go on all day about this house of horrors but will stop here.

Submitted March 14, 2017 | flag