Brantford General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Brantford General Hospital

Ratings for Brantford General Hospital

Value

I just came home from BGH. I had a small pan fire in my kitchen which was easily and quickly rememdied with baking soda. However, there was a lot of smoke in my apt. and I had spent a good long time coughing up phlegm, hacking, and having trouble breathing. I went to the ER at BGH. I hope to God that I never have a life or death experience and must rely on BGH ER. OTOH, how could I have known if it were or not, this time? I dragged myself to triage and told them that I couldn't breathe and why. I was told she would be with me in a moment. She was not. I was quite worried about my breathing and made my way in to the treatment area, off my own bat. I was told that they would not treat me or even see me until I was seen by triage. I guess the nurses, in their wisdom, knew that I was breathing well enough not to be at risk of dying. How comforting. Seriously, though, if someone tells you they can't breathe, your first response is going to be "take a seat, we'll get to you in due time". I will never go to this emergency room again. I have spent most of the last year receiving chemo and surgery for uterine cancer, and I take threats to my general health very seriously. It is too bad that BGH does not.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Value

Disappointed in brantford, the city really need to do something about this hospital

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Value

The staff were bullies and had no compassion whatsoever. Communications between departments was almost nil. A very scary place to be when you are sick.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

Value

Stay away from this place....it is dreadful! The staff, the administrators.....are unbelievably rude and they are bullies...not a place to be when you are sick! Just horrible!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Value

The best thing about this hospital is that is has free WiFi. The doctors are rude, I recently had a run in with one in the walkin and left in tears. Would not recommend, ever. I'd personally rather bite the bullet.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Value

Had a 12 hour wait only to be offered pain medication and wait and see for fluid by my ovaries. Was not offered much updates in those 12 hours and given 2 very different opinions. Will not visit again.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

Value

my experience I have very good attention excellent I thank all the people who attended me

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Doctors at Brantford General Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.