Brampton Civic

Hospital

Rate Brampton Civic

Ratings for Brampton Civic

Value

I went yesterday, short of breath omg horrible service!! The nurse said oh your vitals or fine then there is no emergency... hello i cant breath!! I i start panicking because this is how you feel when you cant breath. She didn't care at all!!! She sent me in the other area, walking, my legs were shaking and i was so scared, she start talking with an other nurse like "she is forcing to breath and she is fine", im standing up behind them!!! I said im sorry i cant breath help me please and the other nurse said you need to go in the waiting area, we dont have any bed for you yet. I returned in the waiting area with my 2 littles sons waiting. I dont remember how long it took but i was panicking, wondering if i should call 911 to go to an other hospital!!! They finally called me, they put me on a treatment and the nurse left, no other care, nothing very cold with me like im bothering them. Wow what kind of nurse is it? My babies were in this nicu 8y ago and i wasnt impressed by their attitude but ER omg! 8y ago, i went to this hospital with severe belly pain (crying a lot) they put me in the waiting area for an hour and asked to my mom to leave the waiting area, only for patient... 1h later i left the hospital, went to Georgetown hospital and they gave me morphine the second i arrived!!! I had gullbladder stone!!! I really hate this hospital and i dont recommend you at all this hospital. They dont care about you at all!!! Prefer to take the chance on route next time and go somewhere else!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2019

Value

Went to emerg and while the triage nurse was trying to take all my symptoms, another triage nurse was swearing out loud and speaking very rudely about a patient. After they moved me to see a doctor right away, nurses in that section was also arguing with patients including one came into the room yelling at me asking what my name wa and who put me in the room. I couldn't speak properly or loud because of my condition and she still proceeded to yell at me "WHAT'S YOUR NAME?". Also the doctor decided to diagnose me based on my size and not my symptoms. They need to hire new staff. It's a mad house.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

Value

I would not return to that emergency no matter how far I had to travel. Rude reception question the integrity of my visit, followed by limited poor health care. Hours later went to another emergency a d had to have surgery for a bowel obstruction

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

Value

First of all, my thanks to the team at the ER of Brampton Civic Hospital for your excellent cares. We was a little bit nervous because of the negative reviews; in fact, my wife was thinking of taking me to Credit Valley where her dad has been. Due to my worsening condition and driving time, we went to Brampton Civic hospital instead. My experience with Brampton Civic was actually great. (As mentioned above, we had been at the ER of Credit Valley before, so we do have something to compare). My special thanks to Dr Bradford for your works. My extreme dizziness / nauseous has been greatly subdued and I can now function almost normally. Our family will certainly involve more in Brampton Civic Hospital fundraising... The chairs in the waiting room certainly need to be refurbished or replaced :)

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

Value

The emergency staff have so much attitude for no reason. They show no sympathy to sick patients at all. Some asian nurse was giving me so much attitude at the first triage desk when i was trying to describe symptoms. All of the nurses that i encountered were rude. Brampton civic hospital needs to hire better night staff. It doesn't take a lot to be a decent human being. I am surprised that theres people like this who talk to strangers this rudely for no apparent reason.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2019

Value

The staff are rude, the room was filthy and they nearly killed my sister and nephew. They are ignorant and ignore the patients requests. It wasn't until they did a lot of damage that they started treating people with care. Do not take your loved ones here.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2019

Value

My mother admitted 4 March and today is 11 March they can not do it Biopsy in 7 days because they are very busy. She is cancer patient she can’t eat I don’t know when will treatments start

flag | Submitted March 11, 2019

Value

I have heard so many negative things about Brampton Civic Hospital in the past but I recently had a very positive experience there. I got excellent care from all the doctors, nurses, therapists, etc. in emergency as well as the Acute Care Ward for the elderly. They were also very patient to answer any questions I had and to include me in my own health care. Special thanks to Dr. Bernard for her excellent care.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2019

Value

Went in for rehab big joke! Never helped made do rehab with a sore swollen knee and when it was better they didn't want to give me more rehab had to fight to get an extra week out of them. Some are rude nasty. Can't find the dr half of the time .and they assume to much with out letting you try first. Very bad experience. Won't go again!!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2019

Value

Over 3 hours while wife was concerned she had or was having a miscarriage. Way to jump on the guy with a cough....

flag | Submitted February 17, 2019

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

We saw Dr. Shahid at her Milton office this week regarding our son. I was referred to her by my family doctor and was very happy to see her. She is very professional... Read more

Dr. Preston Carvalho