Royal Victoria Hospital

Hospital

Rate Royal Victoria Hospital

Ratings for Royal Victoria Hospital

Value

Fantastic experience at RVH today. I was only in the ER for an hour. Staff was efficient and very friendly. Later in the day, the ER doctor that was on duty when I took my daughter in caked to see how she was doing. Everyone is quick to give a bad review, but despite all the negative experiences there are good people working there!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Value

Where is the organization? Arrived at 10:00 am with only 5 patients ahead in triage, left 6 1/2 hrs. later! In the first half hour you speak with a triage person who is so loud you can hear them across the room, asking bowel movement and other very personal questions. 1/2 hour later you arrive at the waiting room in non-critical, wait for 1 hour with at least some tv entertainment. A child is running around all over the place, touching people and other childrens' things, later to be asked if their illness is contagious by another mother, She is replies the mother, no one in triage supplied a mask or suggested a private location for this mother and daughter to wait. At 11:30 we are assigned a waiting room for the doctor, a nurse examines my wife for symptoms in a timely fashion, then we wait, and wait. This room is dirty, the paper sheet on the patients table was obviously used, the floor had drips and was clearly not washed for sometime. The wall had an area mssing paint. A single doctor is on duty, with about 4 assistants, they chat and walk around the desk while the doctor looks frazzled. 2 hours later, the doctor arrives to examine my wife, determined ultra sound and x-ray is needed before diagnosis. It takes 1 hour for the desk person to arrange our ultrasound appt., said she wanted to have both before passing along to us. When we arrive at ultra sound, no one is aware that an x-ray is also required. Ultra sound was much better managed, attended to my wife within about 1/2 hour, said the doctor will have the results by time we have completed our x-ray. X-ray was very fast, and we were on our way back to wait in emerge results area. 1 1/2 hours later, the doctor looked at the results, and prescribed a solution. Where this is wrong is the doctor did most of the work, the assistants did little, even at times the desk was empty with only the doctor inputing to her computer. She would stop sometimes to help people at the desk as no other attendees were there. Very poor management of this area, It needs better organisation, 2 doctors minimum, less than 4 assistants. Assistants should be more dedicated to speeding up service and ensuring the doctors time is spent being more effective with patient care. If the first assessment nurse could of advised us of xray and ultra sound, we could have used these 2 hours more effectively. We've been in Toronto Hospitals, where service was much quicker, more effective staff, and friendly. This is not a health system issue, its RVH management. Its pricey management doesn't need marketing consultants it needs better department managers.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Value

This place is the fcking asole of the body of hospitals

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Value

Terrible bedside manor. Rude staff. They treat patients like cattle and don't care. Wait time was ridiculous!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Value

Most disgusting patient care in the world. I would rather die then be left in the care of this less than qualified "regional healthcare facility." Likely to walk out more injured then you walk in. Will be suing. There should be an option for No stars.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Value

a deeply disappointing experience. I could care less how long a wait is but some tiny bit of competence is a minimum that was not. Met.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Value

Absolutely terrible service from the medical staff, mother has been in there hospital with progressively worsening symptoms and instead of talking to each other, the doctors are all washing their hands of the situation when it is no longer their problem instead of collaborating and figuring it out. So very angry about the treatment my mom is receiving.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Value

this is a wonderful hospital I love this hospital I would to go there

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Value

Been waiting 4 weeks to get an appointment with a councillor that my Doctor in Oakville requested "urgent"

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Value

Ok , so I have always loved the royal Victoria hospital but my experience today was a total mess. first of all last week I went to the ER for abdominal pain and spotting as I am pregnant. i enjoyed every service i got . i first met a GP then later i was sent to see an OBGYN . the OBGYN was awesome. she explained to me really well and did an ultra sound which ruled out the initial fear of an ectopic pregnancy. she stated she could see the sac implanted in my uterus with a foetus developing well. she asked me to come for follow up in case i have any spotting again , however she also said some pregnant women have bleeding during first trimester and it is normal. . Lo and behold i had my worst ever experience today. i am so angry i feel like reaping off my hair... Today, I met with a different OBGYN at the Royal vic . first of all very unprofessional and then she didn't even ask me to go for blood tests which i was suppose to go for in order to re verify my HCG levels. she explained nothing to me. did an ultrasound and said she can see the sac but no baby . ultra sound lasted less than 2 minutes. images were so dark , she couldn't even explain anything well to me. the best she said was . ok, it's an unhealthy pregnancy and we have to do an abortion either by pill or surgery. i was in total shock plus anger. i told her i would wait and she was like trying to force me to do an abortion. she was like you have 2 weeks to decide to do the abortion that's how long you can wait else you would have an infection or whatever she was saying. all i could think of was how to get out of there. well guess what? i left from there to a private clinic and behold , i am having TWIN babies. Dr. said everything is intact and babies are growing well. I even could clearly see everything on the ultrasound and the dr explained well. i am just sitting here wondering how many mothers have been forced into having an abortion just because the dr is incompetent. Please before you fall for any trial by error make sure to consult else where and confirm certain diagnoses.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Doctors at Royal Victoria Hospital

Dr. Fred Strangway

Dr. Fred Strangway

Latest Rating

Dr Strangway is through, never rushed and does not overbook.

Dr. Henri Stefanison

Dr. Henri Stefanison

Latest Rating

explained everything perfectly, only problem was when I asked him about specifics(the way i was feeling after the surgery) he said as long as it is not getting worse... Read more

Dr. Jennifer McNaughton

Dr. Jennifer McNaughton

Latest Rating

She continues to be my favorite physician. She is kind, informative and really tries to help. She has a young family of her own so she can relate to many children'... Read more

Dr. Kenneth Dickie M.D., F.R.C.S. [C]

Dr. Kenneth Dickie M.D., F.R.C.S. [C]

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

After falling and injuring my hand, I was referred to Dr. Dickie because a CT scan indicated that there was a fracture at the base of the first metacarpal , with rad... Read more

Dr. Leslie Pattison

Dr. Leslie Pattison

Latest Rating

I just loved Dr. Pattison for myself and my family. He was brilliant, compassionate and kind. We miss him

Dr. John O'Sullivan

Dr. John O'Sullivan

Latest Rating

My husband has had two shoulders in the past year and the Dr. has been absolutely wonderful. Both shoulders were a huge success Heading back to work soon..

Dr. Deborah Martin

Dr. Deborah Martin

Latest Rating

Pretty sure all the good comments on here are false or made up by staff because this place is horrible.

Dr. Robert Gabor

Dr. Robert Gabor

Latest Rating

Dr.Gabor is my family doctor since August 2016. He's an amazing doctor, very kind, respectful and absolutely helpful. He's been great to me while I have been hospita... Read more

Dr. Joey Rampton

Dr. Joey Rampton

Latest Rating

I saw Dr Rampton at the RVH today June 28th this morning he was so nice all the staff was in Emerge thank you Deborah Lee Moore

Dr. Angelo J. Iocca

Dr. Angelo J. Iocca

Latest Rating

Nothing but the best.........................................................................................