Victoria General Hospital

Victoria General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Victoria General Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Victoria General Hospital

Value

In the ER room, there was someone else's vomit sitting in the toilet catcher. Asked the nurse to remove it. Took three hours. Later, went to use the public washroom, and someone's urine was in a urine container. I brought it up to the nurses and they said "Well we don't know who's it is". That's fine, but maybe you can take it out of the public area. These two instances were very concerning because those fluids can easily get someone very sick, and the need to be put to better use. Not impressed with the cleanliness of the facility at all.

Submitted June 19, 2017 | flag

Value

Went to hospital in pain with shoulder Injury. The triage nurse was nice and I was brought into the back around 10:45pm. I waited in a room for 6 hours before finally giving up after being told I would be seen soon numerous times. The nurse blonde stocky troll about 50 was super rude and didn't care whether I was ok the entire time. In the end I laid at a hospital wasting tax payers money and received no help. I've never experienced anything like this in Canada before. As others have said the nurses stood around talking and were not doing there jobs most of the time. New management needed at this hospital to get people moving and taken care of.

Submitted May 10, 2017 | flag

Value

Very good care. Attentive nurses, Doctors considerate and come in to check on you as they saay they will.

Submitted May 8, 2017 | flag

Value

Worst nurses ever, absolutely the worst. This nurse thought it would be a good idea to be arrogant and rude. If you can't be nice, this is not a job for you.

Submitted May 6, 2017 | flag

Value

Checked wait times on WRH site. Max was 1,5 hours. Went in pretty sure I had pneumonia but knowing that would require a chest x ray. Was in a room in an hour and half and totally ignored for an hour. Get emergencies happen but those walls are paper thin and there was nothing unusual. Then I heard them call a code for a real emergency which was going to mean at least another hour ( and I get that just not all the previous waiting ) so I got dressed. Be left almost doubled over in pain. Thank goodness they are taking emergency away from them if they were not playing games with the wait times I would never have gone

Submitted April 25, 2017 | flag

Value

I had to take my 79 year old mother to emergency due to extremely high blood pressure one evening. We sat in the waiting room for over an hour before anyone even measured her bp. Then we were told to have a seat again, where we waited 3.5 hours before being admitted.

She waited (only being connected to a monitor) in a bed for over 2 hours before an actual doctor saw her. The nurses don't bother to explain that they don't administer care before the patient is assessed by the doctor. They just leave the patient in the bed, promising to return, but never do. You think they are swamped, but then see them chatting and joking around at the nurses station. When you dare to interupt them, you get an irate, defensive attitude.

End result, my mom received no treatment (other than 2 aspirins, which she could have done herself!!) Her bp came down after 7 hours, and they released her around 4 am.

I can't believe this kind of health care exists in Canada. We do NOT live in a banana republic 3rd world country. This level of apathetic, rude, and sub-standard service is unacceptable. There is a kind and compassionate Filipina nurse who we always meet there, She is a ray of sunshine in the perpetual cloudy day that is the status quo of the Victoria hospital. Do yourself a favour; if at all possible, stay home and suffer whatever affliction you have.

Submitted April 11, 2017 | flag

Value

Rude nurses and an arrogant, condescending doctor greeted me at emergency. Not only that but I barely got a word in, didn't get checked on once and hyperventilated the whole night because the nurses don't seem to gaf about you after they do their initial check. Left the hospital even more rattled than before and not feeling better.

Submitted April 4, 2017 | flag

Value

Very competent, caring staff suited to elderly patient care

Submitted April 3, 2017 | flag

Value

A few years ago I was experiencing severe stomach pains, went to a walk-in clinic and got a letter from the doctor explaining that he suspects my appendix ruptured. Got a ride from a friend to the Vic. The nurse was so stuck up that she didn't even bother reading the letter, tore it up and explained "our doctors will determine what the problem was" gave me a heat pad and told me to go sit down (the worst thing to do with a possible ruptured appendix is apply heat!). Waited approximately 6-8 HOURS, at which time the pain had gotten so bad, I was asked to leave because I was being too loud. 3 days later I went back to the same walk-in clinic and they had the nurses and operating room prepped for my arrival (at a different hospital).

Submitted April 3, 2017 | flag

Value

excellent hospital. Broke my ankle in 2014. Fantastic care by ER staff. Eventually transferred to Seven Oaks for surgery by a specialist at Seven Oaks.

Submitted March 15, 2017 | flag