Concordia Hospital

Hospital

Rate Concordia Hospital

Ratings for Concordia Hospital

Value

Great Emergency Doctors and Nurses. Hed to have a blood transfusion while there. This was proceeded with the utmost care and either a nurse of doctor was with me throughout the process.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Value

Grossly inadequate care is the best description I can give. The hospital gave my mother a medication that caused her to have a reaction that was very painful and could have been life threatening. The hospital continued to ignore it. I pushed them and in the end they released her without treatment on the day they received results that she was indeed having a painful attack. She passed away likely due to the mistake the hospital made, then chose not to treat. I had visited her in her care home in the afternoon and she was not well. When the ambulance took her across town back to Concordia after I stated she was not to go back there, I was livid. She died a few short hours after arriving. We are filing a critical incident report and the medical examiners office is supporting this choice. I recommend anyone do this if there is gross incompetence which leads to serious injury, harm, pain, or death.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Value

My experience has always been horrible. Diagnosed with Bronchitis, sent home sicker than a dog. I think I would have had better service if I had gone to the Vet. I cannot believe I was sent home.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Value

This "hospital" shouldn't be. Had many very poor experiences as this was the closest facility for care of aging parents. Their incompetence resulted in my mother never being able to go home again. Very topheavy and even tho there's many of them, they are unaccountable for their staffs' mistakes. There are exceptions, but as a rule the care was less than poor. Empathy was nonexistent. As a retired RN, I wass ashamed FOR Them. Went there with a sudden and drastic change in my blood pressure. Had to ask for bldwork. Doc was unbelievable. ER was empty, but still I recieved grossly inadequate care. Doc told me to ignore the numbers of my BP even tho it was registering at 208 over 103! No compassion. Didn't even hint that he might be looking for a cause of problem. No EKG was performed. Told me that I wasn't an ER case. Guess I was supposed to wait til Monday. Meanwhile, could have had a stroke, MI, or embolism. Or whatever. When i was still working as a nurse, was the recipient of a transfer from their emerg. Was a 90 plus lady with her granddaughter accompanying. She passed in the elevator on the way to my unit. Was the dead of winter and they sent her away to die. Way to go guys! Some things don't change. Glad it's closing. If you have a choice...go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Value

Competent, through, compassionate, and well-trained personnel .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Value

Never had a bad experience at this hospital. On every visit to the emergency area I was treated with respect and dignity and was soon attended to in a professional manner. Never found the wait time that long as compared to Health Science Centre or St. Boniface Hospital where a wait in emergency was on average 8-10 hours. Concordia Hospital certainly was my hospital of choice.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Value

Er has no clue who to put ahead of other ppl...very rude...mostver drs dont know what theyre doing so send u home...miss impt symptoms...make u suffer in waiting room for hrs If u make it to a ward...u have to push for impt tests orvu may get rushed to st boniface for emerg surgery with 30% chance of survival...nurses forvthe most part r great...drs not so great..namely dr lage....almost killed my husband

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Value

My husband was in extreme pain from a kidney stone. Within a half hour he was admitted and given pain killers and tests were performed. The doctor and nurses were awesome. We are sorry to know that the ER is closing.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Value

Very good place if you need to be there. Very caring and nice nurses and Drs thank you very much for my care while there.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Value

Dad laid in bed for 2 months, no PT. Left for surgery at St Boniface hospital. Once there, St B filed a complaint to the WRHA on his behalf. 0 stars.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Doctors at Concordia Hospital

Dr. David Hedden

Dr. David Hedden

Latest Rating

Wonderful surgeon, exceptional man. Dr.Hedden replaced both of my knees. Follow his advice and you should have great results. Will answer all the questions you have.

Dr. David Reimer

Dr. David Reimer

Latest Rating

Such an amazing surgeon. By far the best general surgeon in manitoba.

Dr. Thomas Turgeon

Dr. Thomas Turgeon

Latest Rating

Dr. Turgeon is the most amazing Doctor ever. For several years I lived with extreme pain in both knees and could barely walk. Dr. Turgeon replaced both my knees 3 mo... Read more

Dr. Hugh Taylor

Dr. Hugh Taylor

Latest Rating

Amazingly his office got me early.. procedure went off without a hitch. Recovery seemed quick as promised. Vvery good experience, again, amazing Surgeon.

Dr. Colin Burnell

Dr. Colin Burnell

Latest Rating

Had both knees replaced in 2017. 1 in Feb & 1 in Oct. Extremely happy with both. Wish I’d done it sooner. Concordia staff were excellent too!

Dr. Carey Isaac

Dr. Carey Isaac

Latest Rating

I find him quite personable and takes his time to address all issues. The staff is friendly and courteous.

Dr. Jason Old

Dr. Jason Old

Latest Rating

Have had a fabulous experience and successful surgery.

Dr. Matthew Lachman

Dr. Matthew Lachman

Latest Rating

Dr. Lachman is an amazing doctor and human being. I have been sick for over 10 years now and have visited many, many doctors. He is one of the only ones who I feel a... Read more

Dr. Eric Bohm

Dr. Eric Bohm

Latest Rating

This message is for Lilla Braun I am interested in you experience as I have had 5 surgeries and may require another. Is there a way to discuss?

Dr. Cindy Pachal

Dr. Cindy Pachal

Latest Rating

Dr. Pachal is a compassionate, caring person. I have been seeing her for many years and have always felt that she really cares about her patients.