Concordia Hospital

Ratings for Concordia Hospital

love this hospital

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Value

I had minor questions about a surgery... my Dr was on vacation. Needed steri strips removed... not required by a doctor. Nurse completed this in 5 min. Awesome work and didn't tie up a doctor for such a minor issue. Very well done!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Value

Worst care service I've ever seen or received in Winnipeg. Nurses are rude, extremely slow and absolutely not interested in taking care of patience. Suffering and yelling from pain patient is not a priority. Patient was pushing a help button for about 3 minutes in a row, but nurse was typing on her computer, cause that's the priority! I came to visit my husband, who was lying under strong painkillers, dry mouth and cold feet.. no blanket or water was given to him. At this point I kinda doubt if that is a Health CARE facility??! Is that what we are paying our taxes for?! Hmm.. maybe we shouldn't.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2018

Value

I’ve been in the ER for Suicide attempts, the staff are awesome! The Psychiatric Nurses are amazing and they truly want what’s best for their patients! For me with mental illness I only go here for Mental Health treatment!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

Value

Great Emergency Doctors and Nurses. Hed to have a blood transfusion while there. This was proceeded with the utmost care and either a nurse of doctor was with me throughout the process.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Value

Grossly inadequate care is the best description I can give. The hospital gave my mother a medication that caused her to have a reaction that was very painful and could have been life threatening. The hospital continued to ignore it. I pushed them and in the end they released her without treatment on the day they received results that she was indeed having a painful attack. She passed away likely due to the mistake the hospital made, then chose not to treat. I had visited her in her care home in the afternoon and she was not well. When the ambulance took her across town back to Concordia after I stated she was not to go back there, I was livid. She died a few short hours after arriving. We are filing a critical incident report and the medical examiners office is supporting this choice. I recommend anyone do this if there is gross incompetence which leads to serious injury, harm, pain, or death.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Value

My experience has always been horrible. Diagnosed with Bronchitis, sent home sicker than a dog. I think I would have had better service if I had gone to the Vet. I cannot believe I was sent home.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Value

This "hospital" shouldn't be. Had many very poor experiences as this was the closest facility for care of aging parents. Their incompetence resulted in my mother never being able to go home again. Very topheavy and even tho there's many of them, they are unaccountable for their staffs' mistakes. There are exceptions, but as a rule the care was less than poor. Empathy was nonexistent. As a retired RN, I wass ashamed FOR Them. Went there with a sudden and drastic change in my blood pressure. Had to ask for bldwork. Doc was unbelievable. ER was empty, but still I recieved grossly inadequate care. Doc told me to ignore the numbers of my BP even tho it was registering at 208 over 103! No compassion. Didn't even hint that he might be looking for a cause of problem. No EKG was performed. Told me that I wasn't an ER case. Guess I was supposed to wait til Monday. Meanwhile, could have had a stroke, MI, or embolism. Or whatever. When i was still working as a nurse, was the recipient of a transfer from their emerg. Was a 90 plus lady with her granddaughter accompanying. She passed in the elevator on the way to my unit. Was the dead of winter and they sent her away to die. Way to go guys! Some things don't change. Glad it's closing. If you have a choice...go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Value

Competent, through, compassionate, and well-trained personnel .

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Value

Never had a bad experience at this hospital. On every visit to the emergency area I was treated with respect and dignity and was soon attended to in a professional manner. Never found the wait time that long as compared to Health Science Centre or St. Boniface Hospital where a wait in emergency was on average 8-10 hours. Concordia Hospital certainly was my hospital of choice.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Doctors at Concordia Hospital

Dr. David Reimer

Dr. David Reimer

Latest Rating

Dr. Reimer is very professional, knowledgeable, caring and gentle.

Dr. David Hedden

Dr. David Hedden

Latest Rating

Had both knees replaced by Dr Hedden, would recommend him highly! Changed my life for the better!

Dr. Hugh Taylor

Dr. Hugh Taylor

Latest Rating

From Heather in the office to Dr. Taylor himself, my experience was excellent. Highly recommend.

Dr. Thomas Turgeon

Dr. Thomas Turgeon

Latest Rating

Dr. Turgeon is the most amazing Doctor ever. For several years I lived with extreme pain in both knees and could barely walk. Dr. Turgeon replaced both my knees 3 mo... Read more

Dr. Colin Burnell

Dr. Colin Burnell

Latest Rating

my mom had both hips replaced by doctor Burnell and she recovered amazingly. the first wad when she was 66 and the other at 78 yrs old he is truly a great surgeo... Read more

Dr. Carey Isaac

Dr. Carey Isaac

Latest Rating

I find him quite personable and takes his time to address all issues. The staff is friendly and courteous.

Dr. Jason Old

Dr. Jason Old

Latest Rating

Have had a fabulous experience and successful surgery.

Dr. Matthew Lachman

Dr. Matthew Lachman

Latest Rating

Dr. Lachman is an amazing doctor and human being. I have been sick for over 10 years now and have visited many, many doctors. He is one of the only ones who I feel a... Read more

Dr. Eric Bohm

Dr. Eric Bohm

Latest Rating

This message is for Lilla Braun I am interested in you experience as I have had 5 surgeries and may require another. Is there a way to discuss?

Dr. K. Baria

Dr. K. Baria

Latest Rating

In 2005 I had an accident that resulted in a tibia plateau. When Dr Baria began surgery he had the process in mind as to how surgery would go. After opening my leg, ... Read more