Victoria General

Victoria General

Hospital

Rate Victoria General

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Victoria General

Value

Dr Dave Hepburn is an amazing personality, who is very helping in nature with their knowledge of medical science they solve various health problem of their clients and I am one of them.

Submitted May 25, 2017 | flag

Value

Worse hospital ever waited 13 hrs to see a Dr as my incission from a hysterectomy re opened dr was rude and had no bedside manner and told me there was nothing he could do for my incission got 100 x better help from a walk in clinic.

Submitted April 13, 2017 | flag

Value

I was brought in by ambulance with possible stroke. Peramedics were great they put me on a gurney next to a wall maybe 8 ft from an EKG machine. Nurse came took blood pressure and that was the last I saw of her except in passing with a question being called over to me does your left arm hurt and then poof gone. BTW that is a typical MALE symptom of an MI episode I am a female. what was very clear was the clock. 3 1/2 hrs no one tended me. at one point my left arm really started hurting and I tried to flag someone down to no avail they just whipped by me. When someone in nursing attire did stop one of the admin/emergency receiving clerks walked by and said "oh don't pay her any mind, we are doing her a favour by letting her be on this side". Seriously ya that's compassionate patient care alright. Then someone in green scrubs comes, very condescending attitude starts questioning me. Did I get taken out of the hallway to a curtained exam area NO! Did he look at the freaking report at my feet NO! touches the top of my foot and asks "does this hurt" my reply no. His response "Well I don't know what's wrong then I'll give you a steroid". Could of bowled me over with a feather. Ummm isn't it their job to figure out what is wrong. I'm not even sure this person was a doctor. Nurse comes with a pill and say here you go and bye bye. I asked um aren't you suppose to check my vitals to make sure I'm ok to leave and also how do I leave I still can't move my left side. They didn't give a rats patute, just here's your pill and oh ok your bp is 150/98 that's normal...Darn what school did she attend. No compassion from the front line emergency admin clerks and nurses especially the larger woman. Yes they see alot but they need to adjust their attitude for each patient. Very bad experience to the point I am now filing a formal complaint. To the nurse who helped me to the bathroom Thank-you to the student nurse who tried to get me help when pain in left arm increased Thank-you to the rest of you I think it's time you investigate a new line of work! Like others have said avoid this place if you can.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2016 | flag

Value

Agree with below, had some good docs, nurses, but lots of mistakes were made and I ended up worse than before. The nurses that care are angels, the doctors that deserve the title are amazing. Apparently they have at least 5 managers running the place who all have no idea what they are doing or what the other ones are doing. Avoid this place if you can, half the staff work hard and go above and beyond while the other half sit around and talk about where their next holiday will or say nasty things about people laughing and thinking people don't know their codes for patients that are difficult to deal with. About the 5th time I have been lucky to make it out alive, coming out worse than I went in. The good ones know who they are, not your fault.......

Submitted Oct. 18, 2016 | flag

Value

My father was in hospital for 4 months. He was unable to communicate and was immobile so he was all but ignored. This occurred on many occasions. The cleaniness of the rooms was less than desired we had to have someone come in and clean fecies off counter and floor quite often. There were signs all over about safety precautions and where not to place soiled or contaminated items but those were largely ignored. The staff using the overhead lift were not careful and as a result he had two falls and suffered many bruises over the period of his stay. Overall I would say if you have a family member or friend in the hospital make sure you or someone you know is available to advocate for them. The whole experience was incredibly eye opening and disappointing.

We have had recent trips in to Victoria General emerg for my mother and have found the nurse to be rude and dismissive when she requested that she be able to go to the washroom. People are at their most vulnerable when visiting the hospital and to be met with sarcasm is the last thing they need.

Submitted June 15, 2016 | flag

Value

my visit was for difficulty breathing. the admitting nurse was rude and abrupt. the doctor was the same. they made immediate assessments that proved wrong with subsequent tests. They made me feel like I was wasting their time. It was an awful experiece. the other nurses were very kind and helpful. I have never had that kind of experience at the Jubilee. I hope I never have to go to Victoria General again.

Submitted May 26, 2016 | flag

Value

ive delivered both my babies here and all appointments and shots I had to get before and after birth was ridiculous. If you had an appointment for a rhogam shot, the time of the appointment wasn't when the dr would see you it was the time they would send someone to know you actually arrived and then you'd wait over an hour for someone to go get the 2 second shot. I stopped coming on time and arriving an hour earlier so that I could actually make a plan in my day.
Staff were awful and rude when I also came in for an ultrasound and couldn't believe how they treated all the patients waiting. Totally disgusted.

Submitted April 23, 2016 | flag

Value

Arrived for a 10:00 AM outpatient biopsy. The parking lot was full. There is parking for doctors, staff and visitors but not patients. Once I found a parking space I checked in at admitting and waited 3 hours before being sent to the OR. The most inconvenient and poorly run hospital in the capital region

Submitted Feb. 16, 2016 | flag

Value

HORRIBLE HOSPITAL and the nurses aren't much better which really hurts to say since I used to be a nurse.I had to come here as I broke my tailbone and because I suffer with fibromyalgia and other health issues I was treated horribly.I was made out to be seeking pain killers well hate to say it but allergic to 99% of all pain killers and didn't want them anyways and then the stupid Dr told me there is no way I broke my tailbone he never even had taken a xray.Finally after my x bf lost it they reluctantly did one and low and behold i had in fact broke my tailbone.Nurses and Drs really need to go back to medical school and take some lessons on compassion for people that suffer with invisible illnesses not all people that suffer with a debilitating pain disorder are drug seekers.All we want is understanding and compassion

Submitted Dec. 5, 2015 | flag

Value

Staff members are more concerned with socializing with each other then helping people waiting patiently on the other side of the desk. Overall terrible service.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2015 | flag