Victoria General Hospital

Victoria General Hospital

Hospital

Rate Victoria General Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Victoria General Hospital

Value

Treat aboriginals horribly ..so much prejudice .Nurses & staff there .

Submitted July 10, 2017 | flag

Value

This ER shoukd be your LAST resort!
I have been there on two occasions - both times at approximately 5am where there were less than a handful of people. They had a full staff on duty - nurses and Doctors but they were more interested in chit chatting at the nurses station in emergency than actually helping anyone!
The best was the admitting clerk who continually coughed and hacked WITHOUT covering her mouth.
I bet the Jubilee hospital emerge staff treat people faster and more efficiently - the waiting times per patient are faster and far more professional.
Do yourself a favor and avoid these clowns!

Submitted June 7, 2017 | flag

Waiting time is so horrible OMG!! I waited 1 h for a blood test

Submitted April 28, 2017 | flag

Value

I was shocked to discover there is no WIFI in VGH. Telus billed me $200 for data for a 3 week period. Food was so so but nurses were very competent, sympathetic and friendly.

Submitted April 4, 2017 | flag

Value

Chronic Pain Sufferers - Interview with Times Colonist upcoming. Contact me if you were forced to suffer or were given appropriate medical support for withdrawal at Emergency. Either way happybeingshh@gmail.com

Submitted April 3, 2017 | flag

Value

My wife recently suffered a very painful separated shoulder due to a bicycling accident. On entering Emergency she was processed within 5 minutes as there were two ambulance attendants entering patients before us, otherwise the waiting room was empty at 9AM on a Wednesday. The staff were efficient and pleasant in the Registration/Triage section. She was immediately taken to an emergency treatment bed and assessed by two RN's and a trainee paramedic. She was administered a fentanyl shot for the severe pain and so they could "comfortably" remove her outer clothing in order to place her arm in an appropriate sling. Within 10 minutes of that happening the doctor came by for initial examination and she was transported on bed and sent for X-Rays. That took about 1 hour as there was quite a queue for xrays. After another hour the doctor returned with the stage 3 shoulder separation diagnosis after the radiologist and her consulted on the x-rays. My wife was still complaining of rib and breathing pains so as a precaution they then decided on doing a CT-Scan to be on the safe side. That process and full CT diagnosis up until her release took another 2 hours. The lovely smiling doctor again attended to confirm that there was no rib damage and re-confirm the initial diagnosis from xrays and what the next few weeks would entail, drugs to use for pain, when to possibly start physio etc. Before being released another RN wrote down suggested pain killers and provided 5 opiod based pain killers for assisting with sleeping the next few nights.

Overall we both were very impressed with the quality of service, the care provided, the smiling faces and concern shown by all involved.

I am reading through other ratings on this website of this hospital and it seems quite clear to me that very few posters understand what is meant by the term "triage".

Submitted March 26, 2017 | flag

Value

DO NOT GO TO EMERGENCY IF EXPERIENCING PRESCRIPTION OPIATE ISSUES. You will be refused treatment, no matter how respectable and justifiable your need - even if your family physician directed you there. Email happybeingshh@gmail.com with your horror story.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2017 | flag

Value

This has become a criminal enterprise and a disgrace for the care of our people. We must speak up. These care givers DONT CARE

Submitted Feb. 26, 2017 | flag

Value

Kudos to the staff! I recently had an TIA episode (min-stroke). The staff was wonderful. Reassuring, attentive and informative. I entered emergency and they go me in immediately for monitoring and within two hours I was given blood tests and a CAT scan and an MRI a couple hours after that. They kept me informed on what they were doing, and I was assessed on 3 different occasions to verify that I wasn't getting worse. The doctors even took the time to show us my MRI and provide an explanation of what had happened. I was lucky. No lasting problems. But I feel very reassured with the professional treatment I received from both the Emergency staff and the Stroke Unit staff. Thank you.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2017 | flag

Value

Awesome hospital ..clean..great friendly staff and location! Had my appendix removed here and wouldn't have wanted to have it done anywhere else!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2017 | flag