Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Hospital

Rate Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Ratings for Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Value

was denied medical care at er due to idiot nurses, got help at the jubilee hospital, unless its a scrap go somewhere else

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Value

I have had multiple experiences with San Pen as we all on the peninsula call this hospital. The first --- a) my wife Susan was kicked i the head by one of her horses, I had to run a quarter mile on the farm to my truck, at the farm house I called the emergency and said I was bringing a woman kicked in the head by a horse and bleeding severely -- by truck. Same time -- call an ambulance or put her in the truck box and we were at the hospital in 7 minutes --faster than any ambulance would have done. Susans treatment was fast and compassionate by all doctor and nurses at San Pen. b) NEXT -- I had chest pains twice on both sessions I was treated immediately and I might say politely by both Doctors and Nurses. No heart attack just problems from other injuries that lead to chest pains but they took no chances -- received the highest level of diagnosees. c) Herniated Disc at L5-S1 -- Broken back at L2 -- many other spinal injuries from my shoulder blades to my ankles-shattered ankles, two torn out knee joints, and a broken hip. Received the most immediate and professional care. People have to remember that there well might be other citizens with life threatening injuries or conditions as I had that day. This leads to the situation where both Doctors and Nurses have to make serious decisions on treatment of each and every patient. An adult with a broken finger that is very painful -- YOU GET TO WAIT the child that has been in a car crash -- gets the IMMEDIATE TREATMENT and YOU those patients with your painful broken arm or fingers will never know why you had to wait-- the sad thing is that social media has allowed all the winners to have a voice instead of the patients that are so young or so injured they have no voice -- WELL I am one of them -- after the fact -- I can say that if your life in serious threat the staff at Saanich Peninsula Hospital will do all they can to make sure YOU -- will -- a) see your next birthday b) see your childrens birthdays c) enjoy the next Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Eve and all the other lovable times of year and times of ones life. Cheers and Love Terry T North Saanich BC Canada

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Value

Dr. Marsh is the head of the hospital and he is the doctor at the Resthaven Lodge in Sydney. He over prescribed drugs to both my parents and gave them seroquel whenn they were not supposed to get them. As a result, my parents could not be woken up and soon lost the ability to walk. It shortened their lives. When we insisted our parents go to the emergency, either the nurse at the Resthaven, or Dr Marsh would send them home. Dr. Marsh and the Resthaven are killers of the elderly.

Submitted August 13, 2017

Value

Two very satisfying visits to emergency this past week.excellent care and attention. Staff welcoming. Two hour wait to see doctor .. but, hey, that might be you having his expertise at this time. Caring is big. The doctor I saw even called me the next morning to make sure all OK. I felt listened to. I actually volunteer in the PCU and find the same care and concern. My experiences so far at San Pen have been positive and I'm sure will remain so. Two very satisfying visits to emergency this week. Excellent care and compassion from nurses and doctors, one going out of his way to contact next day to make sure I was OK. Kudos to all staff. I volunteer in the palliativery care unit and see it on every shift

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Value

if you have a real emergency skip this "Band aid station" and go to a real hospital.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Value

Dr tetley is an absolute disgrace. I have seen many doctors over the years and he is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. I have seen him on two separate occations and he couldn't have cared less about why I was there. Made it seem like I was an inconvenience and wasting his time. However the nurse I had my last visit was wonderful.

Submitted May 1, 2017

Value

This is at best a walk in clinic. When I had an emergency I was not seen as I lay bleeding after surgery. The doctor didn't come in to see me in the ER room and instead left an hour later to go home. A new doctor came in and had no idea what to do. Instead of calling a surgeon, I had to lay bleeding until I went into shock and my children called an ambulance to take me to Victoria General. I w immediately operated on at Victoria General. I am in my 50's and the recovery of the operation was long and hard. I can be thankful my daughter and niece showed up and insisted I leave Saanich Hospital. I live because of my child and I believe the Saanich hospital should be closed. This experience was horrible and the incompetence at the hospital incredible. NO MORE FUNDING AND FUNDRAISING SHOULD GO TO THIS HOSPITAL.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

Value

As a retired RN I have been greatly disappointed how I have been treated in the ER. It seems like I was bothering the doctor and nurses. I am a reactive Celiac and even though I don't always demonstrate the severity of pain I do have intestinal problems that are often most uncomfortable and in general I feel ill. It is even worse when the doctor did not believe me when I told them I am Celiac. He said I was constipated and told to take laxative. Yes, constipation is a symptom of Celiac! Also because I have had anxiety and depression I was brushed aside...as I get older I am more aware that seniors are mistreated. I can honestly say when I was working I treated people how I would want to be treated...with TLC. I do understand the reality is as usual not enough staff. The nurses and doctors need more help. I also understand that there are lots of different patients that come through the door. In general I rate Saanich Pennisula ER poorly. If having more staff would help take the pressure of nurses and doctors so they can do their assessments in reasonable time and be pleasant about it then I suggest that be done. In the meantime I think all staff should take in account how patients feel when ill.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Value

The ER nurses should be fired I was in ER twice this winter they laugh and discus their personal lives extremely loudly. They are rude condescending and don't deserve to be employed. I was shocked and outraged at my treatment. The Drs. Don't seem to care what the nurses do or how they do it. SHAME ON YOU as a hospital.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Value

both my husband and I have had excellent care both in emergency and in the acute care wards. Latest visit to emergency was the best and received very thorough investigation and quick referrals to the necessary specialist. Can't say enough about how good the staff is there.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Doctors at Saanich Peninsula Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.