Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Hospital

Rate Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Value

Two very satisfying visits to emergency this past week.excellent care and attention. Staff welcoming. Two hour wait to see doctor .. but, hey, that might be you having his expertise at this time. Caring is big. The doctor I saw even called me the next morning to make sure all OK. I felt listened to. I actually volunteer in the PCU and find the same care and concern. My experiences so far at San Pen have been positive and I'm sure will remain so.

Two very satisfying visits to emergency this week. Excellent care and compassion from nurses and doctors, one going out of his way to contact next day to make sure I was OK. Kudos to all staff. I volunteer in the palliativery care unit and see it on every shift

Submitted July 2, 2017 | flag

Value

if you have a real emergency skip this "Band aid station" and go to a real hospital.

Submitted May 10, 2017 | flag

Value

Dr tetley is an absolute disgrace. I have seen many doctors over the years and he is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. I have seen him on two separate occations and he couldn't have cared less about why I was there. Made it seem like I was an inconvenience and wasting his time. However the nurse I had my last visit was wonderful.

Submitted May 1, 2017 | flag

Value

This is at best a walk in clinic. When I had an emergency I was not seen as I lay bleeding after surgery. The doctor didn't come in to see me in the ER room and instead left an hour later to go home. A new doctor came in and had no idea what to do. Instead of calling a surgeon, I had to lay bleeding until I went into shock and my children called an ambulance to take me to Victoria General. I w immediately operated on at Victoria General. I am in my 50's and the recovery of the operation was long and hard. I can be thankful my daughter and niece showed up and insisted I leave Saanich Hospital. I live because of my child and I believe the Saanich hospital should be closed. This experience was horrible and the incompetence at the hospital incredible. NO MORE FUNDING AND FUNDRAISING SHOULD GO TO THIS HOSPITAL.

Submitted April 28, 2017 | flag

Value

As a retired RN I have been greatly disappointed how I have been treated in the ER. It seems like I was bothering the doctor and nurses. I am a reactive Celiac and even though I don't always demonstrate the severity of pain I do have intestinal problems that are often most uncomfortable and in general I feel ill. It is even worse when the doctor did not believe me when I told them I am Celiac. He said I was constipated and told to take laxative. Yes, constipation is a symptom of Celiac! Also because I have had anxiety and depression I was brushed aside...as I get older I am more aware that seniors are mistreated.
I can honestly say when I was working I treated people how I would want to be treated...with TLC.
I do understand the reality is as usual not enough staff. The nurses and doctors need more help. I also understand that there are lots of different patients that come through the door.
In general I rate Saanich Pennisula ER poorly. If having more staff would help take the pressure of nurses and doctors so they can do their assessments in reasonable time and be pleasant about it then I suggest that be done.
In the meantime I think all staff should take in account how patients feel when ill.

Submitted April 26, 2017 | flag

Value

The ER nurses should be fired I was in ER twice this winter they laugh and discus their personal lives extremely loudly. They are rude condescending and don't deserve to be employed. I was shocked and outraged at my treatment. The Drs. Don't seem to care what the nurses do or how they do it. SHAME ON YOU as a hospital.

Submitted March 28, 2017 | flag

Value

both my husband and I have had excellent care both in emergency and in the acute care wards. Latest visit to emergency was the best and received very thorough investigation and quick referrals to the necessary specialist. Can't say enough about how good the staff is there.

Submitted March 2, 2017 | flag

Value

Cannot say enough of the excellent medical and related hospital staff attention I received during my recent emergency treatment and short stay at the San Pen. Many Thanks.

Submitted Feb. 9, 2017 | flag

Value

I had two surgeries here this year. Both successful. The staff were awesome, helpful and responded to al of my questions appropriately and accurately. I have high praise for the pre op, surgery and post op teams.

Submitted Dec. 30, 2016 | flag

Value

Avoid this hospital at all costs !
We waited 4 hrs yesterday , saw a doctor for 5 minutes who misdiagnosed my husband . He also left him with vomit all down his front and hands , made no move to have him cleaned up , he did not write a pain med rx, I had to ask for one , did not order an x Ray which today I find out we need , we have to go to Jubilee now .
I have had repeated horrible experiences at Saan Peninsula hospital , it is unbelievable !

Submitted Dec. 28, 2016 | flag