Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Hospital

Rate Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Ratings for Saanich Peninsula Hospital

Value

Something needs to change in the ER. And the staff have zero compassion. They make going there worse than the reason we go, be it injury or illness.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Value

This is the third time I have been to sanpen emergency. I can't speak positively enough about how I was received , treated and later discharged. Both doctors and nurses were caring, attentive and professional in their approach. We need more emergency departments like this everywhere.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

Worst hospital care ever, over 2 hours and still no doctor

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

Value

The hospital was and is poorly equipped and most of the staff are rude and uncaring! The hospital use outside contracted family Drs and or trainee doctors who are not competent nor knowledgable! Beware when they choose to retain the patient as they will inject patient with opiods to control them and not provide any nutrition so the patient would not have a fighting chance to get out alive!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

Value

Was In waiting room of surgical daycare and observed nurse putting patient after patient in same room. Instead of cleaning stretcher between patients she simply covered dirty linens with a sheet and had new patient sit on top. I was shocked

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Value

careful, heard staff talking about patients medical problems outside the hospital, namely MY personal medical info, gossip gossip gossip here

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Value

I have had to go to San Penn on more than one occasion, and was treated the same way each time - disregard and as others have mentioned, as though I was bothering the receptionist. But one time, with a potentially life-threatening reaction after being stung twice by wasps, the receptionist told me to sit down and wait showning no regard for my shortness of breath and nearly my whole body covered in huge welts. I had to nearly scream at her to get me immediate attention. If you can get to Victoria, it has to be a better option. Nothing seems to get fixed with this problem.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Value

I went down to visit my brother who is a patient at 8:30 pm last night and the receptionist in emergency was in the far back of the emergency talking to another staff member an totally ignored me and another man who was injured and had been waiting a half hour and nobody talked to him so he went through the hallway doors to the back of reception area and told them we need help so she finally came up and talked to me but was snarky.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2018

Value

was denied medical care at er due to idiot nurses, got help at the jubilee hospital, unless its a scrap go somewhere else

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

Value

I have had multiple experiences with San Pen as we all on the peninsula call this hospital. The first --- a) my wife Susan was kicked i the head by one of her horses, I had to run a quarter mile on the farm to my truck, at the farm house I called the emergency and said I was bringing a woman kicked in the head by a horse and bleeding severely -- by truck. Same time -- call an ambulance or put her in the truck box and we were at the hospital in 7 minutes --faster than any ambulance would have done. Susans treatment was fast and compassionate by all doctor and nurses at San Pen. b) NEXT -- I had chest pains twice on both sessions I was treated immediately and I might say politely by both Doctors and Nurses. No heart attack just problems from other injuries that lead to chest pains but they took no chances -- received the highest level of diagnosees. c) Herniated Disc at L5-S1 -- Broken back at L2 -- many other spinal injuries from my shoulder blades to my ankles-shattered ankles, two torn out knee joints, and a broken hip. Received the most immediate and professional care. People have to remember that there well might be other citizens with life threatening injuries or conditions as I had that day. This leads to the situation where both Doctors and Nurses have to make serious decisions on treatment of each and every patient. An adult with a broken finger that is very painful -- YOU GET TO WAIT the child that has been in a car crash -- gets the IMMEDIATE TREATMENT and YOU those patients with your painful broken arm or fingers will never know why you had to wait-- the sad thing is that social media has allowed all the winners to have a voice instead of the patients that are so young or so injured they have no voice -- WELL I am one of them -- after the fact -- I can say that if your life in serious threat the staff at Saanich Peninsula Hospital will do all they can to make sure YOU -- will -- a) see your next birthday b) see your childrens birthdays c) enjoy the next Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years Eve and all the other lovable times of year and times of ones life. Cheers and Love Terry T North Saanich BC Canada

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Doctors at Saanich Peninsula Hospital

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.