Royal Jubilee Hospital

Hospital

Rate Royal Jubilee Hospital

Ratings for Royal Jubilee Hospital

Value

In July of 2013 my 23 year old my brother was admitted to Royal Jubilee for a suicide attempt. He was never once sent to the Eric Martin. Instead, discharged 3 days later, and as he walked out told to "figure it out". He died by suicide 5 days later. Royal Jubilee deemed there was no negligence on their part. I disagree. A suicidal person clearly in need of help should not be sent away and told to "figure it out."

flag | Submitted August 19, 2018

Value

Terrible er department. Took my 88 year old mother in with severe knee pain at least four times and the doctors and nurses just dismissed her as an old lady with a sore knee. Took all sorts of X-rays and cat scans and found nothing. Doctor told us last time not to bring her back in with “ just” knee pain. So after her latest fall we didn’t. Until the pain got so bad we took her in and found she had fractured her leg above the knee. We never would have waited had they said not to bring her in. To our fury whe her leg surgery was done the surgeon could see another stress fracture around her knee that apparently the previous medical professionals could not see. Perhaps eye tests are needed in the radiology department. We were just told she will not walk again. On the better side once she was up on the 6th floor ward the nurses are exceptional, caring and display a cheerful attitude even amongst difficult patients and tasks. They have all my respect, the er staff NONE!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

Value

I was rushed into the ER for a large mass found on my kidney. The ER staff were amazing with me and I had the most caring and compassionate Resident Doctor, Larissa, who made my experience so comforting. She is so warm and lovely, anyone who has Larissa is so fortunate! Also, Dr. Rob Burnell an ER physician is also so lovely. He called me personally to follow up on how I was feeling and to check in to see if my results from an ultrasound were in. He got me into a CT and ultrasound fast and really cared about my pain and situation. I’m sorry to anyone who had anything less than warm care from RJB, as I thought the experience was amazing compared to Ottawa!!!! Thank you Rob and Larissa. You are wonderful doctors!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Value

I'd almost want to go back for more surgery. The moment I got there, things flowed. From admission to ECG to blood work to pre-op, it was brilliant. My pre-op nurse, D. was so outstanding. I"m still laughing about what she said. Doc B was exceptional. Nurse B and H really helped to qualm the anxiety about my surgery. Bravo to all! (And I don't expect to be going back in the next 50 years or so...……..)

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Value

Worst emergency department in Canada. The nurses should be fired for talking about patients degrading them with in ear shot. Treating patients like dirt and putting in judgy comments when ever possible and pretty much laughing at them. If you are not in health care to help people and for them regardless of the situation then quit. An emergency room isn't the place for snooty over paid cows who are above the patients. Go get a job in plastic surgery where you belong.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Value

After arriving at RJH by ambulance the staff in the ER worked quickly, administering many tests to find out why I had such severe pain in my left leg. Dr. Shung Lee was called and he quickly sent me to the OR where he worked for hours removing blood clots from my leg. Had he not acted so quickly I would have lost my leg. I then spent the next month on 7 North and had the most wonderful care. From the housekeeping staff to the food servers and especially to the wonderful nursing staff I have nothing but praise. The care I received was exceptional.

Submitted June 1, 2018

Value

ER check in staff are so rude and inconsiderate. They behave like they own that place, shame.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

Value

Really disrespectful staff. Despite vomiting blood, was repeatedly ignored, condescended to, and infantalized. Do yourself a favour and go to Vic General instead.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Value

Absolutely terrible. I went into the psychiatry wait room for hours for severe depression/suicidal ideation. After recieving a few pre-psychiatrist interviews, I was asked to stay overnight, and in the morning, I was seen by a psychiatrist. In a matter of minutes, I was labeled with borderline personality disorder, and despite it being made rather clear that I was a danger to myself, and would try to kill myself in this state if I was released. They refused taking any matter of treatment, and stated that I wasn't worth their time nor resources, and was sent out and told to leave, and was given a bus ticket. Needless to say, I attempted (and failed, obviously) suicide, with my already terrible state being compounded by their horrible treatment. Don't ever go to RJH for psychiatry, period.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Value

Where do I start! Maybe it was the time of day but the washrooms in the ER were terrible. Check in staff could not care - they are like robots. In the ward it was mostly private but nursing staff for the most part were indifferent. Brought my pills and left them on the table. Nursing staff were mainly concerned with their iPhones. Food not bad but good choice. If I ever have to in again I'd rather just die. Yes and the psych ward is a pig sty.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Doctors at Royal Jubilee Hospital

Dr. John Ofiesh

Dr. John Ofiesh

Latest Rating

Prior to my Coronary Bypass Surgery (x5) Dr Ofiesh visited me at Royal Jubilee to explain the surgery and answer any questions I had. He is a very calming individual... Read more

Dr. Gary Dewar

Dr. Gary Dewar

Latest Rating

Dr.Dewar and the quick diagnoisis by the docs at the Quadra VIllage medical clniic saved my life

Dr. Caroline Stigant

Dr. Caroline Stigant

Latest Rating

Thanks for calling and getting back to my dad. The staff are prompt and respectful too.

Dr. Manjeet Mann

Dr. Manjeet Mann

Latest Rating

crooked 1. A thief, a criminal, a crook or a dishonest or immoral person in a position of authority who abuses his/her power.

Dr. Johann Cunningham

Dr. Johann Cunningham

Latest Rating

Kind, warm, genuine, empathetic, funny, and very skilled. My plastic surgeon told me that the success of his part of the surgery was due in part to Dr Cunningham's... Read more

Dr. Heather Clark

Dr. Heather Clark

Latest Rating

A wonderful, caring, knowledgeable specialist! She always takes her time and explains everything. She's also very encouraging and never uses shaming behaviour. I w... Read more

Dr. Michael Perchinsky

Dr. Michael Perchinsky

Latest Rating

Thank you Dr.Perchinsky It was an enormous responsibility andyou Passed with flying colours, !!!

Dr. Jim Spence

Dr. Jim Spence

Latest Rating

Truly a wonderful doctor. Dr. Spence is highly intelligent and humble. Listens attentively and appreciates patient insight. Goes out of his way to help you.

Dr. Rebecca Morley

Dr. Rebecca Morley

Latest Rating

I am an artist who had Dr Morley for my surgeon for intricate surgery on my left hand - all I can say is that she is remarkable in so many ways- cannot say enough!I ... Read more

Dr. Mohamed Gheis

Dr. Mohamed Gheis

Latest Rating

Hi, I would like to say first that dr ghies is friendly, is a team player and respected. Dr ghies had provided me with the proper medication, which no other dr cou... Read more