Mazankowski Heart Institute

Hospital

Rate Mazankowski Heart Institute

Ratings for Mazankowski Heart Institute

Value

The staff at the Mazankowski are absolutely amazing. They are efficient, knowledgeable, patient, kind and professional. My mother had a pacemaker put in by Dr. Sivakumarin and her Cardiologist was Dr. Oudet. Both are fantastic. The staff at the pacemaker clinic were always fast, efficient, answered all our questions and would chat with us, which made the time go faster. When my mother passed, her Doctors and nurses sent a condolence card addressed to me and they all signed it. I went with my Mom for her appointments. For them to remember me by name and to take the time to send a card meant to the world to me and my family.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2018

Value

The staff and doctors at the icu (5A7) were all excellent in terms of courtesy, care, information, and support. Provided excellent care for my wife who was in the cusp of a severe heart condition.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

Value

I am with my partner as he goes through quadruple bypass, initially on icu- great care explaining what to expect, even cared for me as I hadn’t eaten!! Then on 4th floor, hardworking caring staff from the porters to the nurses to the food services staff. I have been reading through the other comments and wonder how I would be if my loved one didn’t do so well. My heart goes out to you.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

Value

The rudesttttttt nurses and doctors everrrrrrrrrrr

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

Value

I had open heart surgery performed by Dr Javeen Nagendran on July 19/18. I will forever remain amazed at this man’s knowledge and talent. I feel so blessed to have been referred to him ! Thank you Dr Nagendran from the bottom of my fixed heart❤️. Also, as great big thank you to all the nurses in ICU and on the 4th floor. I had amazing care!!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2018

Value

Amazing all around... I was so impressed by the care my husband got 8 weeks ago when he had his triple bypass surgery... he has recovered remarkably and is back doing what he loves.. bowling!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2018

Value

Amazing team at the institute. It is good to know the University of Alberta is so advanced. Keep up the good work. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦

flag | Submitted May 6, 2018

Value

terrible hopital. Nurses and ESPECIALLY doctors fail to speak to the families about the patient and hide information about those patients. You never feel confortable and safe knowing that your family member is in there. You never know what's going on. Never kept in the loop. nurses are disrecpectful and don't make the families feel comfortable. The nurses are either sitting on their butts all day or going on break every 20 minutes. I'd rather have the heart attack in my bed then be taken to the mazankowski heart institute.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Value

100 percent, World Class Health Care, From Stony Plain Emergency to Sturgeon Critical Care to Mazankowski Heart Institute

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Value

I was admitted June 3/17 the care was excellent Nurses and Doctors were great ! Thank god for care of this caliber in AB !!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Doctors at Mazankowski Heart Institute

Dr. David Johnstone

Dr. David Johnstone

Latest Rating

Dr Johnstone is now retired, but while he was my cardiologist, his team at the Mazankowski saved my life despite serious blockages which required CABG surgery. Top... Read more

Dr. Justin Ezekovitz

Dr. Justin Ezekovitz

1 review

Latest Rating

Great guy! Wonderful, caring, old-fashioned doctor.