Grey Nuns Community Hospital

Hospital

Rate Grey Nuns Community Hospital

Ratings for Grey Nuns Community Hospital

Value

For this hospital to have a doctor like Dr. Chatney operating out of this hospital it is horrible. If I was the admin people I would get rid of him. Horrible surgeon who likes to hack people up and not care for afterwards. Very bad bed side manner. Horrible hospital.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

Value

As a patient recovering on unit 42, I sure didn’t appreciate the behaviour of two nurses that were on their night shift (Melissa and Dominique), simply rude, unprofessional and very uncaring. As a patient who was startled out of sleep, just a day after surgery, Melissa had no businesss speaking down and scolding me the way she did, patients are on this unit to recover after surgery not get lectured.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2018

Value

The care is absolutely horrible . They leave my dad in bed far too long, very little in way of getting any kind of rehabilitation so he can get out of there. My dad just lays flat on his back way to long. Next to nothing in way of OT or PT. Been in there for over 10 days with no SHOWER or any kind of clean up even though I have requested this at least 4 times. All I get for this from the nurses ; well will do it tomorrow and when tomorrow comes the showering never gets done. Also staff whether it's cleaning staff or nurses forget to put breaks on the wheelchairs and commodes and as a result my dad fell into the shower hurting his backside which he doesn't need after all he is going through. We didn't request this hospital for reasons such as these. In fact we begged to not have to go there but we were given no choice. Dad has been in this incompetent hospital several times: again by no choice of his own and has had nothing but trouble there. Very very disappointed. By far the worst hospital in Edmonton and we have been in every single one of them. Have 0 complaints about the 4 other hospital s in city; just the Grey Nuns.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2018

Value

Emergency needs better service, and some of the emergency doctors are awful

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Value

Poor communication. Left my number as an emergency contact and was not contacted that my mom was on the verge of death. Only found out about that she was inresponsive after I had phoned the hospital myself.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

Value

Excellent hospital Would recommend it to anyone with problems.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

Value

We were at the Grey Nuns for a complicated surgery for my husband. We received excellent care and they not only looked after my husband but also made accommodations for the rest of our family. Excellent care and always had time for our concerns. We just can’t say enough about Dr Winkelaar and his team for how they took care of my husband. We are from Regina.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Value

If I lived closer I would only use this hospital. As a psych patient I went into emerg. They were going to have me come back because I was that c4azy which I agreed with. They ran a blood test to make sure it wasn't anything else. Turns out my potassium levels were extreme low. They kept me in a locked room and told me to make sure I didn't close the door cause I'd lock myself in. Lol in the morning I was transferred to the unit. The nurses are awesome even when a patient goes psychotic. They are treated with such respect. My room was cleaned often and was huge and only 2 patients per room. I also see Dr khullar here and he's amazing. Because I have a sleep disorder on top of bipolar 1 - rapid cycling and mixed I've been seeing him for 9 years. He fills out all my forms and we had a really great talk. Also the ect unit is amazing. The staff super care about there patients and you are not rushed to get out. I woke up 1 time vomiting and they got me a shot within like seconds and another time I woke up screaming with pain and again a shot to calm down the migraine. These can be normal reactions but its nice to be looked after. The ect drs are really great and listen. I try and get there for migraines cause they take them seriously.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Value

Disgusting hospital. Dirty. Daughter ended up having surgery and went home with contact dermatitis head to toe!! From shaving instead of clipping hair!! You definitely take your chances at this hospital. Good luck. Not to mention the emergency doctor was going to discharge her without an assessment. Stood my ground and told them to do lab work up. Good thing I did.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Value

The emergency room has a wait time double what is advertised.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Doctors at Grey Nuns Community Hospital

Dr. Mikael Muratoglu

Dr. Mikael Muratoglu

Latest Rating

Very pleasant doctor. Easy to talk to. Knowledgeable and professional.

Dr. Michelle Fairgrieve-Park

Dr. Michelle Fairgrieve-Park

Latest Rating

Excellent GP. Genuinely cares, listens & explains so you feel at ease.

Dr. Jennifer Riess

Dr. Jennifer Riess

Latest Rating

Dr Riess has been my doctor for close to 10 years. I have always found her to be patient, caring, polite , compassionate and very knowledgeable .

Dr. Christina Dolhaniuk

Dr. Christina Dolhaniuk

Latest Rating

I had Dr. Dolhaniuk for both of my pregnancies and could not be happier about my experience with her as well as her staff. Friendly, knowledgeable and always had tim... Read more

Dr. Julia Rouget

Dr. Julia Rouget

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Latest Rating

Dr. Rouget saved my life earlier this year. Without her I wouldn’t be here today.

Dr. Jill Griffiths

Dr. Jill Griffiths

Latest Rating

Dr Griffiths delivered both of my babies and I think what sums her up the best is that she is the perfect combination of everything you could want in an OB - or any ... Read more

Dr. Carmen Gingles

Dr. Carmen Gingles

Latest Rating

I was referred to Dr. Gingles when i was pregnant with my daughter and she has now been my family doctor for the last 16 years. Very knowledable & actually cares abo... Read more

Dr. Atul Khullar

Dr. Atul Khullar

Latest Rating

The most conscientious, caring doctor I have ever seen in my 60 years. Dr. Khullar goes above and beyond for his patients. I am counting my blessings for being refer... Read more

Dr. Tami Masterson

Dr. Tami Masterson

Latest Rating

Tami has been my Grand daughter dr since birth I Would never go to another dr even. Though it’s a travel it’s well worth it caring compassionate understanding.

Dr. Lorne Warneke

Dr. Lorne Warneke

Latest Rating

I met Dr. Warneke when I was a terrified 14 year old girl whose parents took her to the ER because I was absolutely petrified of imaginary germs and contamination, I... Read more