The Melbourne Clinic

Hospital

Rate The Melbourne Clinic

Ratings for The Melbourne Clinic

Value

Ive had good and bad experiences with the TMC. I agree with other comments about the drug use (legally & ileagally). They are in the middle of renovating, but the finished top floor is truly serene and beautiful!! I was lucky with this admission I had the most lovely kindest nurses, but that isn't always the case!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

Value

Medication is used too freely-causing addiction and side effects. Some patients need meds but others would benefit from alternative therapies or more time with clinical staff. Illicit drug taking is rampant at TMC. Patients gather outside the clinic at night. The detox rehab unit is good but the general psych units are inferior to other facilities. Staffing is inadequate.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2018

Value

You are paying enough and should value your health & recovery enough to demand a second opinion if a medication or doctor doesn't feel right to you in this facility. I was belittled and brushed off when I did ask for a second opinion, and I am sorry that I was bullied into keeping quiet. You are important and so is your health. Remember that always.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2018

Value

This hospital has refused to help me. They promise me a bed a month ago has dr changed her mind. Please don’t trust them even though u are suicidal which I am. I hope the place burns down. It’s them that need the help to help people. Disrespectful at all times and very rude and not caring about u

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Value

I had a family member stay at the Melbourne Clinic several times and even though private health facilities are quite costly, they were much better than public facilities. Most of the staff were very nice, the clinic itself was a nice space, including the private rooms. I would recommend the clinic to anyone with psychological issues, especially those who have had difficulty with other clinics such as public ones..

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Value

Very run down, staff are not customer focused and do very little to help the individual patients, it is just a expensive hotel that would rate a 1-2 at a 5 star price. The insurance companies are being ripped off, as they add no value for the patient. It is a self serve style, the staff hide in their office and leave it to the patients to get up, get their medications and with no oversight to see if the patients are eating, sleeping, showering and any self care or even ensuring the patients have their medications at the right time or at all in my experience. Any complaints are met with hostility and they have them removed from the hospital, so they can keep on doing as little as possible while collecting their salaries, and driven by profits for health scope while delivering sub standard care of the patients, in a run down depressing environment. The Melbourne clinic used to be a great place some years ago, it was vibrant, all staff were very caring and motivated to help each individual patient. There was a lot more groups, with professionals, psychologists and the place was alive! Now there are not as many group, they are often cancelled and they use small rooms that can not cater for the numbers and patients and are often turned away. I feel ashamed that in the most liveable city in the world, in a rich first world country that there is such a low standard of care offered by the Melbourne clinic. The Melbourne clinic is a terrible place, that is driven by profit at the expensive of patient care. Shame on you Melbourne clinic!!!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Value

Given the poor plight and headspace which lead people to enter the Clinic I am not surprised at many negative reviews . I can only speak for myself and my observations of other inpatients and day I found the clinic overall and especially the nurses and all staff to be wonderfullcaring and effective . This was the case at both of my stays at detox and rehabilitation. Bill Botten.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Value

I've been a patient in the past of The Melbourne Clinic, recently, I needed an admission, with an acute pshychiatric crisis and they refused to take me as a patient. They claimed "you have Epilepsy, we don't want to have to call an Ambulance if you have a seizure". (I've been diagnosed with Epilepsy since my last admission 10 years ago). I have FULL Top Private health coverage, yet I was discriminated against due to a medical condition that has a direct correlation to my mental illness, PTSD. I was forced to repeat my horrendous story, over and over again to various staff members in the intake office. This entire ordeal, left me in an even worse condition than at the beginning of the process from going to my GP and getting a referral for admission. I do NOT recommend for anyone who is dealing with acute symptoms to deal with the staff there or even attempt an admission to this facility. Neither do I recommend anyone who has any health issues to seek treatment or any of the services there. The Melbourne Clinic is an absolute SHAM. No wonder Healthscope is in trouble and closing down hospitals.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

Value

After being in the Heidelberg Repatriation, this place is a complete and utter disgrace! Same as other writers say. Food palatable but kitchen/dining closes after every meal. No sitting and talking to fellow sufferers from other wards. Yes they do push the drugs. Some of the nurses a lovely, but most a just cows that do the minimum. Nurses stations are hard to approach as they sit in their little office and chat. Hate to disturb them!! The place has many different psych people. Including drug addicts. I felt unsafe. Do Not Come Here!

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Value

Absolutely awful clinic. They say they are working to make the place diversity friendly, but as a trans person it has been a horrific place to attend. I was attending their trauma day program and feel ten times worse now than before I attended. Other group members have been transphobic and rather than the program coordinator deal with those individuals and the group as a whole the onus has been put on me. I've been put in a position where I've had to advocate for myself and been shut down by the group facilitator. The way they handled this situation is disgusting. Ironically the group I was in is called 'Safety and Stabilisation', but I felt extremely unsafe in this group, and when I voiced that I felt unsafe I got yelled at by another group member. This should not be happening in a place that is meant to be a therapeutic environment. It's the last place you want to be as an oppressed minority and a trauma survivor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Doctors at The Melbourne Clinic

Dr. Irina Kolesnikova

Dr. Irina Kolesnikova

Latest Rating

Dr. Irina Kolesnikova is a awesome psychiatrist. Smart, knowledgeable and easy to deal with. I've been having consolations with Dr Kolesnikova at the Melbourne Clin... Read more

Dr. Julie Wehbe

Dr. Julie Wehbe

Latest Rating

If you want a psychiatrist with unparalleled expertise in using medication then Dr. Wehbe is for you. She is very good at working out complicated medication regimes... Read more

Dr. Leit- Chin Siew

Dr. Leit- Chin Siew

Latest Rating

I too have had an Eating Disorder for a number of years and recently switched Psychiatrists to Dr Siew. He has changed my life!

Dr. Amgad Tanaghow

Dr. Amgad Tanaghow

Latest Rating

Knew him when he first came out to Australian about 2002 to2004. Don't thing he has much practical knowledge about human beings; spent most of his life reading text... Read more

Dr. Lea Foo

Dr. Lea Foo

Latest Rating

Doctor Lea came highly recommended and now i can in turn highly recommend her to others.

Dr. Josephine McKeown

Dr. Josephine McKeown

Latest Rating

Sometimes runs late but worth the wait. Very caring doctor and l felt fully supported.

Dr. Joshua White

Dr. Joshua White

Latest Rating

my health is so much better because of how nice and caring he has been to me.

Dr. Sinnatamby Sujeevan

Dr. Sinnatamby Sujeevan

Latest Rating

He was recommended to me, and despite me rarely taking such recommendations in to consideration he's been honestly Brilliant!

Dr. Lorien Porter

Dr. Lorien Porter

Latest Rating

Beautiful lovely thoughtful kind funny warm human who happens to be a Doctor!!

Dr. John Chow