Flinders Private

Hospital

Rate Flinders Private

Ratings for Flinders Private

Value

Disgusting treatment of an 80 year old man. Cold breakfast and kicked out in less than a day reviewing my health insurance

flag | Submitted June 6, 2019

Value

I was their for a virginal hysterectomy. I loved the room and the hospital. But I hardly saw a nurse and they left feeling hungry for days. I prefer the public hospital next door at least you see people to talk to and get fed well.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

Value

Staff were professional and empathetic. Rooms were spacious and well kept. One of the best private facilities is Adelaide

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

Value

Son had grommets in and adenoids out. An overnight stay. Staff kept me informed throughout and were excellent.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2018

Value

I was so certain that I was about to die just before I was wheeled into surgery. Never felt so ill in all my life. Told the nurse and anaesthetist how very scared I was. My view was the operation was going to be a waste of time since I was so certain I would die on the operating table. the anaesthetist spoke very quietly and calmly to me and reassured me that I would be OK. thought it so nice that the last words I would hear were calm words. When I finally woke in ICU all was very quiet. looked around and it did not look like h e ll, Then a couple of nurses came and were lovely to me. I was surprised that it was now Thursday. Op was on Tuesday. From then on all the staff were wonderful. Had trouble keeping food down, felt as weak as a kitten. The Doctors and Nurses were lovely. They brought in another specialist when I could not keep food down. Sometimes Dr popped in to see me late in the day in addition to earlier. I was treated wonderfully. And yes I am healed now and not vomiting and can eat normally. Had a lovely room that was flooded with early morning light. this was my first time in Flinders and I thought it was excellent. (previously been in Wakefield (rooms pokey) and Women and Childrens (just ok) and Memorial (horrible)

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Value

For a Private Hospital it felt a bit daggy and I’ve been to a few around Adelaide. They initially wheeled me into the wrong operating room- luckily they checked who I was a few times before I actually got a few hours surgery instead of wisdom teeth out. A patient came to very violently in recovery which was shocking and scary for everyone. I was wheeled into a bay next to a cancer patient ward to recover and there was a nurse there who seemed super sick ( flu?) even the other nurses told her she shouldn’t be there! Overall it just seemed a bit unpolished.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Value

5yr olf son had grommets in both ears and tonsils/adenoids out. He was treated like a super star and didnt want to leave. Theatre team were so relaxed and explained everything to me in a calm and clear way, which made me feel more comfortable - and of course my son picked up on this too.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Value

Awesome nursing staff, lovely and caring staff and doctors

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Value

They make accommodating disabilities an insurmountable challenge when it need not be. Their day surgery centre doesn't have adisavility toilet or shower facilities.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

Value

After my last stay we dumped our private health cover! We were so disgusted with all the gaps we had to pay ICU was a $650 gap surgeon $400 anesthetist was $475 plus other gaps for tests from doctors i never even met! On top of all that I had to pay $500 for a shared room! We have had private hospital cover for nearly 30 years paying over $300 a month and rarely ever used it. When i think about the things we went without to pay this huge amount of money i wish i had been disciplined enough to put the $300 plus for 30 years in the bank and paid for treatment when needed - we would be so much better off financially!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Doctors at Flinders Private

We don't currently know which doctors work at this location.