Prince of Wales Private Hospital - Randwick

Prince of Wales Private Hospital - Randwick

Hospital

Rate Prince of Wales Private Hospital - Randwick

Value

Success! Your rating has been saved.

Ratings for Prince of Wales Private Hospital - Randwick

Value

I was taken to Prince of Wales in October by ambulance.I could not praise them enough for my care and also the ambulance drivers. These people go above and beyond to help.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2017 | flag

Value

Bathroom was too dirty to use in my private room - previous occupant must have trimmed his beard but no one I asked would clean it. Nursing staff run off their feet and very little care accordingly.

Submitted July 29, 2016 | flag

Value

I live overseas and was only in Sydney to have day surgery at POW Private. I found the staff, overall, to be very helpful and friendly and found the environment bright and cheery. The nurses in the day surgery section were extremely capable and professional.

Admissions:
The Admission’s Payment Centre is not user friendly. In many private hospitals there is seating for patients in a pleasant waiting area, with a call number system. At POW Private there is a small, narrow corridor area on Level 5 where patients queue up behind a roped off area.

The info Admissions had for me was outdated even though I had completed the form the day before. Obviously that info had not yet been uploaded into the system.

The night before my surgery I waited until almost 8pm for the hospital to call me with instructions for fasting and for the surgery schedule the next day. This was a little stressful for me at the time as I was anxious and alone in a hotel and was weary after a long journey. I ended up ringing the hospital myself in case they had overlooked calling me.

Pre-Op:
There was a long, four hour wait for surgery, with no updates provided to patients. By the time I had the surgery I had been fasting for 16 hours…Just before the actual surgery itself, the nurse in charge discovered my file was incomplete...This resulted in some frantic ringing up here and there to find the required file, pronto.

Surgery experience:
Very careful screening of patient just before going into theatre. Good care by anaesthetist crew. Being wheeled into the anaesthetic bay from the patient waiting area, however, was quite an experience! The area is full of junk, with beds, equipment, boxes etc etc cluttering the corridors. I was quite surprised, believing that everything would be spotless and the the corridors clear. Perhaps there is a storage problem in this area?

Post-op Experience:
Great care from the nurses post-op. Nice light meal and a cup of tea provided. Not noisy at all, and very comfortable recovery area. I had no one with me so the nurses made sure I was feeling ok after the anesthetic had worn off and was fit to leave.

Access to the Hospital:
Getting to POW Private is not easy unless going by car or taxi. I found out by myself that there is walking access through a (very) long corridor from POW General Hospital in High St. into POW Private. This is good to know if coming by bus, especially during bad weather. However, this info is nowhere on the internet.

Summary:
Overall, POW Private not quite up to the standard of many other private hospitals, especially in countries like Singapore (e.g. Mt Elizabeth Hospital). Fortunately, however, the doctors at POW are great, the staff are very professional, the costs reasonable and so I would return there for surgery again in the future, if I needed to.

Submitted July 25, 2016 | flag

Value

The place is looking a bit tired in places and I found it a bit noisy, but do not be deceived...The staff are the best around even taking the time to pacify my wife and stay with my children during my traumatic and unexpected visit to ICU. The services are fantastic and nothing was too much trouble.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2015 | flag

Value

Although I found the care of the nursing staff exemplary, my experience of the more texhnically skilled staff left much to be desired... Communication blunders and bloody-minded, self-interested attitudes. Little concern for long-term patient outcomes.

Submitted July 23, 2015 | flag

Value

My husband was in The Prince of Wales Hospital for almost 6 weeks over five years ago with a brain aneurysm and the care and dedication of the staff was first class - without their expertise he would not be alive today. My family and I cannot speak too highly of this wonderful hospital.

Submitted June 15, 2014 | flag

Value

Recently had surgery at POWP. The day surgery unit was fantastic. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Highly recommend

Submitted Jan. 19, 2013 | flag