Karen Landmann, Lcsw, Pc

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
Dr. Gundu A. Reddy (Office Visits  & Telepsychiatry)
Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(22)

"Her visits are always rushed and she often demands cash. "

Ratings for Karen Landmann, Lcsw, Pc

great Doctor, on time and very empathic person. Nice team

flag | Submitted December 9, 2019

She is awesome, very thorough, and great personality.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2019

Karen has been super helpful and supportive from the moment I met her. She truly cares about the people she works with and her passion shows. She is always a text or call away in between sessions which I really appreciate since things come up. She has helped me tremendously with my personal issues. She has even gone above and beyond to provide services for my significant other as well. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a genuine, trustworthy and constructive therapist!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2019

Karen is a wonderfully understanding person. I felt immediately at ease with her, and during the time she was treating me, my issues were addressed in a considerate and proactive way.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2019

I made an appointment a month in advance when I went to the consultation she was not in the place, I called several times she didnt answer me and then I sent an email where we made the appointment and she never answered me!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Karen is a compassionate and sensitive therapist. She is a great listener and shows a great deal of empathy. She goes above and beyond her sessions by making herself available during her off hours should the need arise. As an added bonus, she does alternative healing as a reiki healer, something that has added value and help in the therapy I have received from her. I would highly recommend Karen as a therapist.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

I must say Karen has truly changed my life! After much suffering. I'm praticing and living generally an anxiety free life without using medication. I thought this would never happen, but therapy is something I now recommend to everyone around me. Karen is not only friendly, but also relatable to talk with. In a way that doesn't feel like the other stereotypical therapist I’ve seen in the past. She just gets it and from a place of no judgements. Thankful and eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Karen has been an amazing therapist, counselor, and life coach. She has been helping me overcome a very difficult part of my life, and I've never realized how amazing it is to have someone like her on your side until now. She genuinely cares about her clients and will fight for you even when you don't think you can fight for your self. She is a breath of fresh air in an industry that seems to care more about medication and/or insurance. I HIGHLY recommend Karen.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Karen is amazing!!! I am so glad that I had found her my life had a incredible improvement within few section. Her kindness and knowledge makes me feel so comfortable to express myself. She went beyond my expectations when I was suffering from depression and social anxiety, I can feel myself again after feeling so useless. Every time I go see her it feels that I will have a chat with a friend that always understands me and gives me brilliant ideas to overcome my problems. I am truly blessed to had found her:)

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I am new to therapy and thought it would take a long time to find a therapist I would be comfortable with. Karen is taking her time getting to know me and isn't just jumping into what the problem is. She is very respectful of our time together, and doesn't allow interruptions. She is also very flexible on days and times if you need to reschedule. It's impressive how knowledgeable she is and how informed she stays on things happening around the world. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Karen Landmann, Lcsw, Pc's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have wanted to be a therapist almost my entire life. My mother was clinical social worker specializing in geriatrics. She inspired me in the quest to help others. My father was also a source of inspiration as he taught me the values of caring for and assisting others who may not be as fortunate as I am. He taught me the importance of being culturally aware and competent. My mother is now deceased and my father elderly, but I hold those early lessons near to my heart as I move forward in my chosen career. One of my earliest memories is of the year my family spent in Guanajuato, Mexico, when I was six years old. My parents were writing a book for use in colleges and universities. Typical of young children, I quickly got up to par in Spanish, running down the streets yelling " no entire do! No entire do!" ( I don't understand), my first attempt at a pun, as clearly I did! I remember wondering why my friends did not have the same material resources as my middle-class Canadian family. My parents, especially my father, taught me that I was very fortunate to have the creature comforts and opportunities that I did, and that because of that, I had a moral and ethical obligation to help those less fortunate than myself, a lesson I carry forth to this day. After I returned to Canada from Mexico I learned French in school as all Canadian schoolchildren do. Talented in languages and motivated to learn, I applied myself to the fullest and quickly learned this second language, soon followed by the German spoken by my father and paternal grandparents. Thus began my love of language, culture, and travel, and that continues to this day. I studied Latin in high school, Ancient Greek in college, and Russian in the then-USSR. I picked up Dutch in a peace corps assignment to Suriname, former Dutch Guyana, and Portuguese in carnival in Salvador, Brazil. I have now either lived in or visited every continent except Australia and Antarctica. I use my cultural competency every day in my work, whether relating in Spanish to an Ecuadorian client, or in English to an Irish-American. I have demonstrated this adeptness with culture in my travels to Malaysia, Uganda, South Africa, and the Dominican Republic, where I taught villagers and professional staff alike the fundamentals of psychotherapy. I came to the United States for the first time post-college in 1995 to study clinical social work at Columbia university in 1995, graduating with my m.s.w. In 1997. My field placements were at Beth Israel Medical Center Phillips ambulatory care center and Sanctuary for Families ( domestic violence). As a second-year student I developed a support group curriculum which relied on my background in alternative healing, which I later presented at the 4th international conference on child victim/ witnesses of domestic violence in San Diego, CA, in 1998. I also presented this work at the 4th and 5th national conference on children and violence in Houston, TX, in 1998 and 1999. Subsequent conference presentations included the 1st international conference on AIDS in Ethiopia in 1999, and the 4th Home and Community Care Conference for persons with HIV/AIDS in Paris, France in 1999. It was at these later conferences that I presented my adapted support group curriculum for AIDS orphans, now n use in over 100 countries, most notably in South Africa and Uganda. My early work in my career focused on health challenges such a shiv/ AIDS and pediatric oncology. This interest in health continues to this day and is accompanied by a dual specialty in trauma and Posttraumatic Stress Disorder ( PTSD). I have received training in cognitive behavioral therapy ( CBT) and have been incorporating this in my clinical practice for the past 20 years. My undergraduate education is from St. John's college, where I immersed myself in the great books program", the classics of western civilization, beginning with the pre-socratics and ending with Freud. All classes were in a seminar format and Relied solely on primary sources, I.e., one's own perception of and commentary on the reading. This education taught me the essential skills of critical thinking, which I use to this day. Another thing that sets me apart from other therapist's is my background in alternative medicine, including Swedish massage, shiatsu, yoga, herbology, homeopathy, and meditation. While I am extremely conservative in the use of touch, I indirectly incorporate these techniques, e.g., teaching a client with generalized Anxiety Disorder yoga and other relaxation techniques. I am experienced with children and adolescents, adults, and seniors, in individual, collateral, couples, family, and group modalities. I have dealt with a wide variety of diagnoses including major depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, panic Disorder with-and without Agoraphobia, ADHD and ADD, and Anxiety Disorders. I have seen literally thousands of patients for short-and long-term therapy. I enjoy my work and approach it with great passion. My 20 years' clinical experience is bolstered by my personal convictions and deep feeling. I engage and relate to clients extremely well ; I would say my greatest strength and what sets me apart from others is my tremendous empathy and ability to understand the human experience--what adolescents term " real talk". I apply everything that makes me " me" to my work in order to enact true and lasting change. I believe in my work.

• English
  • Spanish
  • French
  • Russian
  • Portuguese
  • German
  • Dutch

• Columbia University (Grad. 1997)

• Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
  • Postpartum depression
  • Teen depression
  • Atypical depression
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Eating disorders