Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. McCarthy

The ratings above are based on our First" visit. I called and canceled the appointment that was scheduled for last week. Somewhere along the lines....my phone call shall we say fell thru the cracks.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2019

Always very professional. Listens well. Has kept me cancer free for almost two years now.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2019

Dr. McCarthy and his team are wonderful! I received a very warm and human treatment. Cancer is a very difficult disease to deal with, but I did it in an easy manner with their help and support.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Dr. McCarthy knows my case, comes in prepared and is encouraging. I never feel rushed and he gives positive reinforcement.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

Dr McCarthy and his team of experts are the best. They help make this battle worth fighting ! Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2019

arrived a few minutes early and lab blood draw was quick, efficient, and painless and results were available to Dr. when we were at the waiting area. Dr. McCarthy was prompt and as usual was easy to talk with as he provided results of bloodwork, his review of it and his recommended next steps. He took plenty of time answering questions and concerns and only left after he was sure we were comfortable and understood the way forward.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2019

Dr. Timothy A. McCarthy's response
We are so pleased to hear about your experience with Dr. McCarthy and his team. Here at Virginia Cancer Specialists, our patients are our first priority. Please let us know if we can be of further support as you continue your healthcare journey.

Submitted October 2, 2019

Great oncologist and communicator. I’m lucky to have him as my doctor

flag | Submitted July 15, 2019

Dr. Timothy A. McCarthy's response
We are happy to hear you had such a positive experience with Dr. McCarthy, he is a wonderful provider and we are glad to have been able to support you.

Submitted July 17, 2019

Dr McCarthy took over from my long time oncologist. He is an excellent physician as he listens and answers all of my questions. I would recommend him if you had to work with an oncologist and I hope you never do.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2019

Excellent doctor and very detail oriented . Also very careful and caring

flag | Submitted January 28, 2019

Dr. McCarthy is professional, thorough, and caring. I feel that he takes a personal interest in my health. His consultations are complete and in terminology that I understand. Additionally, he is an exceptional listener, an essential quality lacking in many physicians.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2019

Dr. Timothy A. McCarthy's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Timothy A. McCarthy graduated with high honors from Rutgers University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Materials Engineering. He then went on to earn his medical degree and complete an Internal Medicine residency at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. During his residency, Dr. McCarthy was honored with the Nilesh Tamakuwala, MD Memorial Award, a distinction presented to the individual who best demonstrated compassion in care and excellence in teaching. Board-certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology and Internal Medicine, Dr. McCarthy completed his fellowship in Medical Oncology and Hematology at University of North Carolina Hospitals. As an Oncology Fellow, Dr. McCarthy took a leadership role working with various departments with a specific interest in quality and process improvement projects. Dr. McCarthy is a published author and has presented posters at various medical events, including the annual American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) symposium. Outside of medicine, Dr. McCarthy enjoys staying active and exploring the outdoors with his wife and 3 young children. He also enjoys listening to a diverse array of music and plays several different instruments.

• English

• Rutgers University (Grad. 2009)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA