Ratings for Dr. David Oehme

I had spondylolisthesis and central canal compression causing severe sciatic pain when standing or walking. Dr Oehne did a L4/5 fusion and removal of cysts and I was pain free within two weeks. Fantastic outcome!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Hi guys, i wanted to thank the entire team of KHN and especially David Oehme for promptly organising my much needed spinal fusion ALIF on my L5/S1 after 8 yrs of tolerating the tingling pain to numbnes and aches from my lower lumbar down to my affect side leg due to work injury. I been through gruesome disputes with workcover for the much needed funds after working for only 7 yrs since i graduated. But failed to do so and Dr David understands and was able to work out a payment gap that is affordable along with my private health fund. For this i am very grateful. In addition to this he was very attentive and able to cooperate with my other doctors to gave me the most suitable outcome with the right surgery approach and executed it perfectly under 3 hrs and 15 mins. I am with engineering research and innovation background and is well aware of most technology to stem cell research to O-arms machine for back surgery but he insisted the vascular approach which i was skeptical at first until i met his other team surgeons. I was relief and accept the approach and now, after 5 weeks since the surgery i am able to move well and do some light swimming. I have reduced numbness, aching at sciatica and reduced my pain medication substantially since i refused to fuse my L4/L5 (i suppose is normal to have that pain problem around) Fyi I am pass my mid thirties and was very active in sports until this injury affected my quality of life and career. I hope to review this comment again in 6 months time so that other back pain sufferers will know that Dr David Oehme is a genuine surgeon that do not rake profits and treat patients like a case study but rather as an individual with respect and care. I have seen more than ten over surgeons and pain specialist in Victoria and some even hold great title as vice director spinal surgeon in well known hospital in melb and yet was quick to judge my condition and told that my condition was untreatable. I am glad i did some review research on him and speak to his staff for a quick consultation and find that his work and personality is true with what others have commented. I am also impressed by his staff in responding to enquries promptly with great charisma. Well done KHN! Elena

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My name is Mr. Zhang and I would like to share my personal experience with other patients who are suffering from chronic pain associated with spinal issues. For the last 38 years I have been suffering from daily chronic pain of my Lumbar spine and have undergone 4 separate surgeries. My first 2 surgeries in 1979 and 2001 both failed and were performed by a different neurosurgeon. The third surgery in 2001, also done by a different surgeon, did reduce my pain by 50%. However, my most recent surgery which was done in November 2016 by Mr David Oehme has been the most successful by far. I had a Left L3/4 & L4/5 XLIF Fusion and L3/4 Laminectomy (MIS) and my pain has been reduced from daily chronic pain to only experiencing slight pain that does not affect my current daily life. I feel very lucky that Mr Oehme operated on me, he is a very talented, compassionate, communicative and highly skilled neurosurgeon. I have experienced excruciating pain for 38 years and now I can't compare the difference, my quality of life has greatly improved. Thankyou to Mr David Oehme and his friendly, amazing staff!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I am a health professional and a mother of 2 boys who suffered a lumbar disc prolapse, I received fast and professional treatment and can't praise Dr Oehme & his superb team enough.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Was tremendous, knowledgable & attentive - Received immediate pain relief as advised, surgery experience was very non - evasive, and surgeon & staff made me feel quite relaxed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Fantastic dr l was in so much pain and he worked his magic and on the road to recovery...even his staff are incredible nothing is to much trouble for them thanks lisa and rachel

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Brilliant surgeon with an incredible bedside manner. Listens to your concerns and tailors your care according to your needs and his assessment of the injury. Both my pre and post operative experiences were highly professional and caring. My results amazing. Pain free and fully functional with minimal scaring. Excellent operator, wonderful person . thank you

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Had Surgery with David in December 2016. From initial consultation to follow up after surgery I felt I was in profesional hands. His staff were excelent and David himself was very honest and personable.. Would recomend to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I rate doctor David Oehme as the best doctor l have been too. He operated on me l was in so much pain before the operation and no one else could help me .Dr Oehme saw the pain l was in and said he would operate in the next few weeks and he did .its 9 weeks later now and l am feeling a lot better and on the way to recovery. He performed a ACDF. .cervical radiclpathy Thank you again Dr David Oehme.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Couldn't be happier with the treatment and outcome from my spinal surgery, I would highly recommend Dr Oehme to anyone that may require his services, Thank you again, Rgds Andrew K.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Dr. David Oehme 's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients