Ratings for Dr. Damian Frackowiak MD, FRCP(C)

I visited this doctor on 3 different occasions. I was newly diagnosed with Lupus and as nerve racking as that already is at a young age I have had the most disappointing experience with this office. let me start off by saying in the span of a few months, this office had two different receptionists who are BOTH rude. The first time I visited Dr. Frackowiak , he was so kind and gave me as much information as he could. At the time, I wasn’t sure what was going on with me, so my family doctor arranged me to see more than one specialist in DIFFERENT PRACTICES. I attended all my appointments which led to me being told what’s going on with my body. My second visit, the information he had requested from my other specialist wasn’t sent to him (which technically isn’t my fault, that was between my family doctor and him) and his attitude was horrible about it. I gave him a bit of info that my other doctor gave me which was important but he dismissed anything I said. Kind of felt as though he was rushing me. It made me feel like a burden as well as it made me feel uncomfortable. My third visit he was a lot nicer but prescribed me three different medications and one of them wasn’t even prescribed properly (his way of getting me to come back for another visit). I did not receive a confirmation regarding a fourth appointment which I requested from his receptionist before leaving his office. So I did not attend the said appointment. NOW…. Going back the prescription he gave me, I was confused because I thought he made an error by prescribing a 0 qty (I was already low after visiting him so I was bound to run out). I had my pharmacist fax it to him on a Monday to inquire. 3 days later I still get no response or call. I call back and the receptionist says “he was very busy yesterday”……….3 days later…..What about Monday and Tuesday? Anyway, Arranged for her to have him contact me or the pharmacist asap. To make an even longer story short. I explained how frustrating it is that as a patient I’m being ignored and she went on to tell me my situation is time consuming and I am taking up too much of her time. If they had done what was asked, they wouldn’t be hearing from me… and as a patient my time is also limited, Furthermore, that isn’t something you say to a patient trying to get her medication. She lies and says its been sent, also lies about emailing it to me. I go back to my pharmacist AND THE PPRESCRIPTION ISNT A LEGAL COPY the doctor sent the pharmacist a letter saying I didn’t show up for the appointment and that I am being charged as a no show….. was my request for you to tell them my business or edit the prescription? Obviously he was more concerned about the appointment than actually prescribing me medication for my lupus.. Even my pharmacist was upset, I’ve been going to him for years and he felt bad that I had to go back and forth with this office for something so simple. The receptionist also gave my pharmacist bad attitude and I’ve never seen that man upset, so there’s a picture for you. I wouldn’t ever refer anyone here. I was referred and extremely disappointed.

Submitted July 12, 2018

I saw this dr for the first time yesterday. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and explained thoroughly what he thought was going on. I am surprised by the negative reviews! A dr is there to diagnose and treat, not to be your friend.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Thorough, to the point, latest evidence based advice - I was impressed. He will no babysit you if that's what you're looking for.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Great doctor who is very knowledgable in my condition and treatment!

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Always in rush and very rude with the patients. I will never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I was pretty much told not to ask questions, nor did he provide any answers as to why i was there in the first place. He told me to either trust his diagnosis or that i should find a new doctor. Very rude and really doesn't allow you to learn or ask any questions.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

This dr rushed me through my visit , didn’t listen or sympathize with the pain , was rude and abrupt and was arrogant and I came out of the visit no further ahead with answers to help me.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

Although the receptionist is lovely, the Dr. is full of himself. Arrogant, in a rush. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Very rude and miserable, does not know how to speak to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

Do NOT recommend. The first time I saw this doctor he was abrupt and very full of himself and talked down to me (I have two university degrees). He barely let me speak, told me there was nothing wrong with me and suggested that my high level of pain was just in my head, even though he diagnosed fibromyalgia and reactive arthritis (so how could there be no pain??) and did NOTHING to help my immediate pain. He finally prescribed medication when I asked how I am supposed to deal with the pain, and then told me the medication would start to take effect in 6 to 8 weeks. So he was suggesting that I suffer in pain for two months and return to work even though it was clear I was in a great deal of pain. He made fun of my swollen ankles. He was VERY rude and dismissive and it was obvious he just wanted me out of his office and didn't care about really helping me. He even went as far as calling me a "malingerer" in his report to my GP AFTER ONE FIVE MINUTE VISIT!! He has no evidence to support that suggestion - he does not know me and my complete medical history (did not take the time to review it) and only had interacted with me for 5 minutes. I have five children, a full time active job and normally lead a very busy life. So I am not shy to pain and usually just keep going. The pain that brought me to him was so severe that I HAD to seek treatment. What a waste of time and horrible experience. Uncaring, uncompassionate, dismissive and rude. Don't bother.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Damian Frackowiak MD, FRCP(C)'s Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.