Ratings for Dr. Alexa Smith

Dr. Smith belittled me when I was at my most vulnerable. It seemed like she found it a waste of her time to have to see me. I don't know if she was having a bad day but she really shouldn't take it out on a patient! Doctors have to realize that patients are only there to try and better their health - not to bother the doctor. They also should remember that if they didn't have patients then they wouldn't have a job! I would not recommend her and hope I never need to see Dr. Alexa Smith again.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

she gives a very thorough exam. found her to be very down to earth

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

My husband was diagnosed with Diffuse Scleroderma. Dr. Smith was very thorough with the examination of my husband. She was very knowledgeable and has a good sense of humor.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

I have been waiting to see this doctor for a year-and-a-half. She was an hour late and my one-hour appointment lasted about 10 minutes. She told me I was wasting her time period when I asked her who I should go see for my pain she had no recommendations. She wasted my time too. So incredibly discouraging and disappointing!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

I have been referred by my family physician to Dr Smith for neck and back pain. She has examined me throughly and obtained a detailed health history. She conducted herself professionally and explained the diagnosis and made recommendation to follow. I appreciate the initial examination by the resident Dr. Landry. Her secretary is very friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

She was undoubtedly the most rude, cold and uncaring person I have ever met. Just great to have someone like that in a field where people are suffering with a lot of pain!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I saw Dr. Alexa Smith in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. I had been in a lot of pain for some time and was so grateful to be seeing her. However, it was the worst consultation I have ever had in my life! I found her to be totally unprofessional. The first thing she said was that I had a limited time. She then proceeded to ask questions only to cut me off when I tried to answer. She made rude and condescending remarks. I left there feeling shaken and extremely upset! I would rather leave the country than ever go back to her. Fortunately my doctor had no problem referring me to someone else. I've heard that she is practicing in New Brunswick now and I hope that she has learned to treat patients with a little compassion or at the very least some respect!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr. Alexa Smith's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med