Ratings for Dr. Afsheen Mazhar

I had switched family doctors when she took over the practice. I still got phone calls from her office to make sure I was following up on important tests. I was very impressed and asked to become her patient again. Happy with my decision so far.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Awesome Doctor! Knows what shes doing and Friendly.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Dr Mazhar is amazing with children. I saw her at a walk in clinic with my girls and then followed her along to her family practice. She has such kind mannerisms and really knows what she is doing. So glad we have her as our doctor.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

i have seen this doctor a few times and i find her to be difficult at best . 10 minute tme limit is now way to deal with patient issues and to ask for help in regards to legal matters she is useless .but you can be sure that if she writes you a lteer she wants money . i find her demeaner ans manners lacking....................................no compassion what so ever . i

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

She is the kind of doctor which every medical student should aspire to become - astute, interested, compassionate, thorough... I'm quite amazed by her, really! She's young but she's extremely knowledgeable about drug effects and dangers and is not one to readily write a prescription - all hallmarks of a truly great doctor, in my opinion. Unlike her predecessor, she is unassuming, choosing to listen to the patient instead of impulsively diagnosing. In fact, she played a pivotal role in helping both myself and my mom diagnose my serious neurological disorder - something which NEITHER her predecessor NOR other much older and (you would think - though you would be wrong) more experienced psychiatric specialists were able to do. She looked at my case from ALL angles, listened to my symptoms, listened to my mom's accounts of my symptoms and put the pieces together. Had she been my doctor 4 years ago, I would have avoided 4 horrific years of medical abuse (i.e., extremely harmful overmedication to treat a nonexistent psychiatric problem). My mom and I are so grateful to her for her eagerness and ability to help! Dr. Mazhar doesn't overlook anything. She runs all necessary tests and books appointments with specialists immediately; there is no delay. It's quite hard to believe that she very recently took over the practice because she is on top of everything - at least as far as I am concerned. She truly deserves a lot of credit for the wonderful, humane doctor she is, and my mom and I wish her only the best in her medical career; we have no doubts she will go far! It's uncommon to find a doctor who is as bright, professional and as dedicated to the health and wellbeing of her patients as Dr. Mazhar.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I saw Dr Mazhar just for a shot in walk in clinic and we started discussing my family situation. She is so sweet and supportive. Very easy to talk to. I feel so much better after speaking with her. God bless.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Very kind Doctor. I have had to change three doctors in the past five years and I reply hope this one stays! Takes time to listen.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Good luck with this one. You'll be waiting a month for absolutely anything you wish to be seen for, and once you actually get to your appointment, be prepared to wait another hour or two passed your appointment time. The staff is also quite rude and abrupt. Searching for a new dr immediately.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

This doctor saved my life. I had been to a walk in clinic for headaches and theye just gave me some pills. I went to see her and she checked me completely. My pressure was very high and she sent me to the hospital. they told me I could have had a stroke with all that. She is very kind. I feel well taken care of.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Best doctor! She took sincere interest in my mother’s health. Previously we had switched between multiple doctors because of her blood pressure. Dr. Mazhar recommended a few tests for her and was able to fix my mother’s blood pressure. I have to say she is very knowledgeable and always smiling. My mother talks at her pace. She listened to my mother and didn’t rush her. Very organized and caring. Staff was also very helpful. They scheduled us for an appointment with Dr. Mazhar on a short notice. Unlike my other doctor where I sometimes wait three/four weeks. I’ll be switching from my doctor to my mother’s doctor also. Went to same school as my daughters!!! Overall great experience.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Dr. Afsheen Mazhar's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients