Ratings for Dr. D.K. Cheung

He did my first surgery, pull the gauze out too quickly and I started to choke on my own blood. Didn't seem concerned. No follow up after the surgery. I would never see him again for anything.Rude ,nasty and not at all nice.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I saw Dr Cheung several years ago and didn't know about this site at the time. I found him very abrupt and felt like he had his own agenda. He didn't listen to what I had to say, he had already made up his mind. He did have me do a sleep apnea test, and once he found out that wasn't my problem, he didn't care at all. The reason I am writing now is that my husband just had cause to see him. He confirmed what he already knew, gave him a prescription that is useless because he didn't listen to my husband when he told him that wasn't the problem, and then told him he couldn't do anything for him and was done. I'm glad he has been able to help some people, but it appears the not listening thing is pretty commonplace. If I ever had need of another ENT, I would NOT go back to Dr. Cheung.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I left this office in tears. Dr. Cheung is rude and doesn't listen. I think he knows what he is doing, but his interpersonal skills could use some serious work.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Rapidly diagnosed my tonsil cancer and set in motion the scans and appointments for radiation and chemotherapy at VICC. His focus on treatment and cure may deter some, but I prefer his knowledge, skills and frank analysis, such as I received.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

He has no compassion. He can be rude, and I felt very rushed, I couldn't ask all the questions I wanted to ask.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I read the negative comments and was concerned when referred. I found Dr. Cheung very profesinal and knowledgable. I didn't go to have a warm chat I went to get answers and I got them. Also the front desk was polite and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2016

I've been to Dr. Cheung on several occasions; he has a great sense of humor and definitely knows his stuff. His staff on the other hand never look at you or greet you when you come in - she just keeps on working on the computer - I think that's quite rude; after all, if it weren't for the patients, she wouldn't have a job.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Three years ago I saw Dr. Cheung because I was having breathing difficulties. After an MRI he diagnosed reflux laryngitis and, essentially, told me to live with it. He did not bother to order a CT scan because I am diabetic, but I have since learned (thanks to another excellent doctor) that if Dr. Cheung had ordered bloodwork he would have discovered that my kidney function was fine and I could have had a scan, which would have revealed the REAL problem. I lived with severe breathing issues for three years, but as things deteriorated I sought a second opinion - and thank heavens I did! My new ENT doctor checked kidney function and ordered a CT scan, which revealed a blockage in my trachea below my voice box. Yesterday it was diagnosed as squamous cell carcinoma - cancer. As a result I am now facing four to five weeks of radiation in Victoria, which means much travel and expense on a weekly basis, as we live on the central part of the Island. Dr. Cheung was dismissive and impatient and, as it turns out, wrong. I am very angry that I have lived with this condition for the past three years because of his misdiagnosis, and now have to face the frightening prospect of dealing with cancer. Thanks Dr. Cheung - for nothing!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

A very good doctor with terrible office staff. They got my appointment wrong as a result I suffered for two weeks longer than needed they didn't seem the slightest bit embarrassed or apologetic. They also don't bother with reminder calls. I see I'm not the only one to feel they are lacking. It's a shame with such an intelligent and efficient surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

One of the rudest and most ignorant men I have had the displeasure of meeting since my MVA 2 years ago.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015