Ratings for Dr. Carolyn R. Helmly

I feel like she has too many patients to care about all of us. It was recently discovered I have hematuria. When I went back for a follow up, I was seen by her PA. I was surprised by this as the specialists thought I may have a tumor. At that visit I complained about a sinus infection. The PA missed the dx so I had to again return a few weeks later. This time I was honored by the presence of dr H. She px ceftin but it's made me so sick. When I called about the side effect, she sloughed it off and I kept getting the same response (conveyed by her asst bc she was too busy to talk to me) take a probiotic. I kept telling her asst this is more than mild nausea, there is something wrong. Never got a call back, now it's the weekend and I'm still very sick and dehydrated and I can't help but wonder if the hematuria has something to do with it. Overall, I feel her PA is totally incompetent and doesn't listen and I feel Dr H doesn't really care about me or my well-being.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Spent generous amount of time during annual check-ups; Very thorough, answered all questions; very caring; gave good direction for health care; can not say enough positives about the professionalism and care received; tests were well managed and coordinated well with others helping me with my medical needs; very positive experiences always; terrific personality; also contributes community leadership/citizenry;

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

PATIENT ASKED TO MAKE SEPARATE APPONTMENT FOR A SECOND ISSUE.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

Not likely to partner with you on your care. Old fashioned attitude toward patient and other professionals. Best to find a Doctor trained in New England. Staff did not back up computers and lost all patient appointments.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Carolyn R. Helmly's Credentials

• St. Louis College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1991)

HealthPartners