You may also like

Rate Dr. Jason J. Jackson

Dr. Jason J. Jackson's Ratings

This doctor was too busy to even see me once. Apparently my first visit was during his honeymoon..I was accepted and treated by his partner from Alabama who was very nice. I told him I didn't want pain meds, I was already being prescribed (and have been for 13+ years); I was more interested in procedures.He insisted anyway on prescribing me Norco 10 for breakthrough pain and 25 mg fentanyl patches. When the patches didn't work, he switched me to 30 mg morphine ER instead. I went through the RF ablation test which was done on levels L3, L4, and L5 even though my pain indications, MRI's and CT scans showed the problems on levels L1 and especially L2 (even though nobody from his office ever bothered to explain the MRI or CT scan...I had to figure out what I could myself and will have to wait on a real doctor for the rest). After the procedure, I developed a horrible headache. I called the doc who denied it could have been the steroid shots he gave me. When I questioned him that there were not supposed to be steroids in an RF test, he got very rude.I don't even know who did this procedure he claimed to have done but I have never seen him before seeing his photo today. I got a bill from a doctor out of Norman I have never heard of so that may have been who did it. The very next visit, he decided to drop me from the program for being uncooperative; totally disregarding the fact that would send me into full withdrawal not to mention unbearable pain. Luckily my family doctor was able to prescribe the lortab for me until I can find a real doctor who has some ethics. Not only is this doctor not recommended, I would run out of the office if he is even consulting. He is rude, mean and very unethical not only in my opinion but also in my family doctor's opinion. I was able to speak to this doctor on the phone only one time during which he was very defensive and rude, I never saw him in person during visits or procedures. He hides behind nurses and PA's to do his dirty work. You are limited to the amount of steroids you can safely get in 2 years and he never would be clear if he gave me the RF test I signed for or if he mistakenly did the steroid injection that he said he did over the phone three days after the procedure was done.I have also noticed that he uses either his first or his middle name depending on the site. Most doctors that have nothing to hide use either or and keep their name the same.

RATING: F- ZERO STARS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

This Doctor is so rude, he treats everyone like he is doing them a favor seeing them , then he talks down to you like a dog. I left his office in tears because of the way he spoke to me! What this man don't understand is we are the ppl in pain are hiring him to manage our pain not him hiring us so he can steal from our insurance companies.. I fired him, I wish I would have told him how I felt! I say everyone who has had a negative experiences with this Dr. meet at his office and stand outside with our medical bills and let everyone know that this guy care's nothing for anyone who comes into his office, he is in it for the money and that is it! A doctor that only sees a patient twice then just has a nurse pass out refills on scripts, this Dr is going to end up in jail like another Dr Im sure you all know! Please pleases do not go there please he is nothing but a highly educated con artist that makes his patients feel so bad and belittled about their injuries and pain, like we asked to be in pain all of our lives! He is even a specialist, trained in managing pain but the only thing he is managing is the money coming in from the insurance companies ! Please attorney General, investigate this man and let him know that it no way to treat ppl!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Jackson since Dr. Carl moved away. Dr. Carl helped me a lot with pain pills but Dr. Jackson recommended injections to go along with them. I have had 3 or 4 injections in my neck and back and am doing really good. I have gotten my life back. The injections seem to last longer every time I get a new one. Hoping I can cut down on the pain meds in the future. I have seen the PA a few times and she always asks if I need to discuss something with Dr. Jackson. My experience with the staff and Dr has been a real positive experience. I see him in the Edmond office unless I have a epidurial steroid injection, then I see him in OKC. I know when he fives these shots it has to be done with an xray machine. He and the staff have been very nice and helpful to me. The wait time is usually longer than I would like but with the results I am getting from him it is worth the wait. Hope this helps someone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2831252].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Treats patients like drug addicts. Talks down to you. Never sees his patients himself. Always sends in a nurse or assistant. How can you go to a doctors office five times, get meds, undergo EMGs, and not once see the doctor in person? WTF? Worst doctors office I've ever been to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Seeing him twice/month over 4months I saw him ONCE! My regular Dr. Is a P.A. so that is not a problem...but really? He was extremely rude. Said I interrupted him. I was scared and cried the entire time, he did not care. I was with him due to the fact I couldn't get in to the Dr. my retiring one referred me to in time. I went there two weeks ago and am very hhappy.l I will be calling the OK Medical Association. I also plan to call and speak to his atlanta home office as well as the BBB. PHONE NOT COOPERATING. THE END. speaktoAAsAssociatiosAAssociationassociation.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2807668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Dr. Jackson and his staff are very courteous, helpful, and patient-oriented. Dr. Jackson apparently has an incredibly large caseload, so I understand why punctuality is problematic. I do think Dr. Jackson is very competent and well worth any waiting time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2748633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Upon my first visit with Dr Jackson he smiled shook my hand said he viewed my records and promised he'd work with me. I've had two personal encounters w/ Dr. J. then visits are w/his PA. "like attys do" First problem I experienced immediately on 1st visit (refused to continue to prescribe my xanax. said, too many CNS depressants and refused me so he instead prescribed Hydroxyzine Pamoate 25 mg. ( like Benedryl) Wow, that was hard on me after yrs of same xanax dosage. I noticed a cycle of pain triggered symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression. However, Dr J. "thru his PA" wouldn't continue to prescribe my meds as I'd been prescribed from my previous PCP. Dr reduced my hydrocodone by 1/3 after 2nd visit & stopped my xanax cold turkey " wow, that was a hard blow!" I've such levels of uncontrolled pain that upon my 6th visit I had to complain about my pain level vs comfort (causing cycles of stress) vs cost vs next approach to a solution and this is thru his PA again). The PA couldn't help me with my request to increase my hydrocodone back to my original amt. although she did state the government was in control of the amts. and only 4 pills were allowed of hydrocodone @ 24 hrs. When I ask her to show me ie provide the proof of her statement she wouldn't ie couldn't. She acted as if I'd ask to borrow her panties or something outta this subject area. Anyhow, I was beginning to see the whole picture and didn't argue the point any longer. She left me for a few 10 min times only to return and said, Dr J didn't want to see me back and he was dismissing me. I never got a straight answr from the PA and when I ask her name she hesitated and told me only her fist name. I was given a Dr's refrrel list with a 30 day script of my meds and sent on my way. I never did visit with Dr. Jackson since the first couple of appts. (Only his PA). She kept repeating like a parrot epi. injections, stimulator, cream, braces, etc.. If she ie Dr J. would've refreshed themselves with my large file of record that was requested to have upon the initial visit, of all my conditions and all my past surgeries ie proceedures would then they may have noticed that I've had all the above at least 8 times in the past on going 10 yrs. Inasmuch Dr. J. pushing sorts of proceedures and tests is rediculiousness. This Isn't a misunderstanding only an understatement. He's charged my ins. 4 times these amts. $1,600.00 urinalysis, $1,200.00 Psych test that isn't reconized by the Board and $120.00 per tests on each one of the 12 tests and many other charges that I mentioned in my cost vs comfort statement. Costs were ave. $330.00 mo. not incl. my scripts at the pharmacy every 18 to 27 days after my set appts. Dr.J. gets an extra month outta doing this 3 wk scheduling, but remember that your ins co will only allow you to refill one time a month unless Dr. J. signs an override ie calls the pharmacy which he won't ie doesn't. Oh, and regarding Scheduling, Fri, and Edmond office: never reschedule when your sick or dead cuz you'll be punished by every action he can bestow upon you that he can get by with legally and make you wish you'd kept that one appt. and never had tried to complain. Don't accept appts on a Fri at his Edmond office as it'll be too late to correct any mistake he ie staff may make with the amt of meds ie forgetting a script ie changing ie whatev. and then the pharmacy ie your ins is another problem in itself. Friday is too late of a date to do business if needed. Dr. has a phone center in Alabama and doesn't accept your personal calls nor does his staff on any occassion. Dr's. billing is combined with Dr Nelson and isn't in Oklahoma but is in Alabama. Hmmm? thought he was practicing in Okla? Or is he violating laws in both states? My billing is from Alabama Pain. He wanted to do a series of 3 inj into my knee but at the same note I asked for the single type of same med (Hylan) but, no, he tries to do 3 so to chg u & your ins lots. I know this type all too well and am proactive in keeping costs down for me and my ins co. so to save as much as possible. My ins co. loves me for shopping around and keeping great record of all goings on such as Dr. J. actions and billing practices. Hopefully, this kinda mess will be taken serious and Dr's will get the mssg. (perhaps a boycott) we can take our care outta his and others practice and choose to be proactive in our pain management. We learn by our mistakes and know to ask valid questions that deserve valid true answers. Ask as many questions as you can before you set up your initial appts. ex. taking new pts? how long bewfore you are scheduled? have your records ie referral, ask what names of tests he does and for what and how much, time (days ie weeks) between your regular appts., missed appts. policy, and more ...Remember that Pain Management Doctors don't understand pain cuz they're NOT in acute ie chronic pain!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2742156].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2015

I came to see Dr. Jackson with severe lower back pain. He diagnosed me with an acute herniated disc which was really upsetting my life. We treated it conservatively with rehab and an injection and I am now doing great!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2681118].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

This doctor ran up medical bills in 2013 that i am still trying to pay off. He uses a "surgery" clinic to give injections, that he owns with two other people. That is generally fine, but not at these prices. Also he did nto send me a bill for about 6 months and finally sent it at the end of the year and it was beyond belief for what he did. He ordered MRI's and X-rays but apparently never looked at them. The doctor I went to after him gave the diagnoses. Also, if he would have read the X-rays, he would have seen a had a bulging disk. Now, because he didn't catch it, I must have surgery. The staff is arrogant and ignorant, will not answer a phone-ever. It is faster to drive to his office than try to get someone by phone. I did that. There is not enough time to write what I think of this quack, and tell of his bad acts. He should be stripped of his medical license and made to undergo the same treatment he gives out. He's a hack and a charleton.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2677779].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I would not recommend Dr Jason J Jackson to my worst enemy. When I first started going to him a few years ago, he was a great doctor and really seemed to care about me and my needs, but now I'm just a number. He doesn't even bother to show up for visits at all anymore, sends in a PA who spends 45 seconds in the room. You are required to come in every month of course. After careful examination of the statements they sent me I figured out why. Dr. Jackson has quite the scam going, he's charging insurance companies every month and me a co-pay even for the months I walk in to pick up a prescription from the front desk. My visits went from costing $130.00 per visit in Febuary of this year (2014) to $1489 (September 2014) charge for a urinalysis. This is what they are charging insurance companies and if you imagine how many other patients this happens to that do no notice it. Now you see why the wait times are so long. Save yourself time, money and a headache and find a different doctor.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2649975].votes_count ]]