Ratings for Dr. David Kim

I just had my first visit with Dr. Kim and I was very pleased with the entire visit, including his plan of care created for me. I was able to make an appointment with ease and his Medical Assistant was very kind. I had a great first experience and look forward to continuing my treatment for Pain Management at his office. I would highly recommend this office (Dr. Kim) for Pain Management.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I recently saw Dr. Kim after seeing numerous physicians including heart, stomach, ob/gyns, chest surgeons, shrinks, and neurologists over the past 2 years for my left sided chest and upper stomach pain from my upper back and left arm tingling. I had multiple scopes in my stomach and pelvis, chest work ups, and multiple procedures without a definite diagnosis. First time I saw Dr.Kim, he performed a thorough history and examination and told me that my problems are not coming from my head but from my neck and upper back. He ordered neck and upper back MRI and found two huge disc herniations, one from neck causing my chest and arm symptoms and one from my upper back causing my upper stomach pain. After injections to my neck and upper back, my pain is about 75% better for the first time in 2 years and I can sleep through the night. If you have been diagnosed with chest, upper stomach and upper back/arm symptoms without a clear diagnosis, I would strongly recommend him. for a consult.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2013

I cannot speak for the other fibro patient, but I have been to about 5+ "pain specialists" in Northern Virginia and finally settled with Dr. Kim about 10 years ago. I like his approach. He evaluates and then performs 1-2 injections as needed instead of other doctors who automatically scheduled 3 injections without sedation and telling me to go see rheumatologist for fibromyalgia. Dr. Kim, as far as I know, does not treat fibromyalgia (FM) and a friend of mine trying to get in to see him at my recommendation was told that he does not treat FM. Compare to other pain doctors, Dr. Kim does not prescribe heavy dose opioids and does not prescribe benzos (valium, xanax) together. He told me there is a plenty of medical literature warning against use of both at the same time due to dangers of sudden death being reported. I googled it and verified it and suggest that you do the same. None of the other doctors have told me that before. I have been very happy with his care.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

I saw this dr for about ten years. During that time he was treating me for FMS; just recently found out that the terrible pain in my legs and feet is NOT caused by FMS, but instead by spine/back issues. This dr should have been able to tell me that was the case but did NOT. It should have been easy since he had previously done an MRI and it was obvious that the two vertabra w/o a disk was the cause of the horrible pain. This dr never asked questions but only continually treated me with narcotic meds, keeping me coming to see him. Thanks to a very bright pcp, and then a trip to well know Pain doctors ... I was treated w/injections to the spine which did take away all that pain!!! Dr. Kim should not even be a pain doctor as he knows and does nothing to promote the cause of the pain. I CANNOT believe that he let me suffer for ten years from pain that he should have seen, given his expertise, yeah right! NO, don't see him!!! He should loose his accreditdation w/medical boards.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

This Dr does not know what he is doing, is arrigant, and was unwilling to work with me to switch meds when I was having side effects. I wanted to be removed from heavy opiates and he kept claiming I was asking for more when I would report a side effect from a drug. I never asked for more drugs only a drug that would work and not have severe side effects that were worse than what I was being treated for. When I did report side effects he was not willing to understand with comments like that doesnt happen or you must be mistaken. Dont go to this Dr there are many knowledgable Drs out there willing to listen and help.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

I have seen 3 differnt pain physicians who insisted on injections after injections. Dr. Kim finally made a proper diagnosis and enroll me into his comprehensive pain program involving both opioid and non-opiod medications, physiotherapy, acupuncture, and if needed nerve blocks on occasion. If you only want a large amount of opioid, however, he will not be the one for you. He believes in "common sense" dose of meds and does not prescribe oxycontin.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

Dr. David Kim's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

MSP/BC Med