Ratings for Dr. John R. Monson

Doctor Monson has shown a blatant disregard for my time, and in doing so, a further disregard for my health. His unprofessional practices were further compounded when his co-worker accidentally forwarded an e-mail detailing their plan of action to "turn me around" and "watch out on social media" instead of addressing my health needs. I've reached out to his staff in an attempt to rectify the situation with no response. Then again, "He may be one of these folks you can't turn around. "

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Great Doctor and surgeon. He came highly recommended from Boston and Cleveland Clinic to remove a fistula I had developed as a complication of a twisted bowel surgery done by a doctor at RGH. He has saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I LOVE HIM! He has none of the usual stereotypical detachment you find in many surgeons. He is engaging and personable and always makes sure your questions and your family's questions are answered. When he is with you he is completely focused on you. He has a wry sense of humor that put me at ease with a series of major surgeries, and he was the one doctor who seemed to have the most practical approach to my condittion -- a years-long case of ulcerative colitis that hadn't responded to medications. His support staff is very friendly and helpful, too, and if you have trouble reaching him right away, they usually tell you why and try to get another person to help you. He is VERY smart and knowledgeable and even helped developed some of the surgical techniques he uses. My only negative is that he is so talented that he is in demand all the time, not just for surgeries or consults, but for teaching and conferences. When you reach him he is there for you, but sometimes it takes a few days.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010