Ratings for Dr. Vikash K. Modi

After being told by several pediatricians and another pediatric ENT that our child's laryngomalacia was not severe and would eventually go away, Dr. Modi immediately diagnosed it as severe and got us proper testing to confirm such within days. He then moved heaven and earth to get an emergency supraglottoplasty scheduled. He performed the surgery which was successful and now our child is breathing easy. Dr. Modi was a consummate professional throughout the process. We owe him a debt of gratitude that we won't soon repay. We heartily recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

We saw him 2 times. - long waiting time - not prepared for the visit (= has not reviewed the results of previous tests which means and additional 1hr and half of wait) - perform non reimbursed procedure without warning patients - charge for non performed procedures (also non reimbursed) which is medical billing fraud - charges additional fee for long visit when he actually spent less than 5 min with us - ineffective staff, non responsive (does return call), does not fix issues but send files to debt collection agencies when I refused to pay for non performed procedures

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Very thorough and great surgeon. My child had a partial tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy performed by Dr. Modi and had minimal pain and went back to school in 2 days.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

He is very arrogant and rude. I took my son to see him and he diagnosed him with strep throat without even swabbing his throat. It turns out that he was wrong and he did not have strep throat, my son had coxsackie.

Submitted November 21, 2013

My daughter had adenoidectomy surgery performed by Dr Modi recently. We were happy with Dr. Modi, he is professional and knowledgeable. His office and staff are nice. I would recommend Dr. Modi as one of the top ENT pediatric doctors in NYC.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

We drove from Boston to have Dr. Modi see my daughter after seeking many opinions from other ENT's about her condition. My husband and I were very happy with the results and he was one of the most pleasant doctors we have seen in a long time. He was thorough and very considerate. As a result, my daughter is feeling better and we feel much more at ease.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

The Dr. was good with my daughter, but I did not like the way he treated me. When I espressed doubt and concerns about the treatment suggested, he was hard, cold and unkind. Dr's who treat children should realize that the "bedside manner" needs to extend to the nervous and concerned parent as well. I will probably not return to this Dr. unless absolutely necessary.

Submitted May 18, 2010