Ratings for Dr. David A. Helft

Dr. Helft has been a blessing to our family. He truly cares about all of my children, and takes the time to get to know each one individually. I appreciate the time and attention he gives to my children, and I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone! He seems to be stuck in a time warp.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Helft has treated my son since 2001. He's caring, intelligent, knowledgeable, & patient. Pediatric Wizard will always take care of my son. Can't trust anybody else! Thank you Dr. H AND YOUR WHOLE STAFF!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Helft is an average MD, but he seemed to lack personal interest. For example, he never remembered that my child had a chronic condition. I had to remind him of this and even of HIS OWN PREVIOUS ACTIONS to treat it previously. He looked surprised each time I mentioned it, (as if he had never seen my child before) despite caring for my child for 2 years. Then he'd look at his exam room assistant, (AKA "the laptop"). Then, he would try to back peddle. He just seemed not interested in getting to know my child PERSONALLY. Either that, or he wants a practice full of just healthy kids getting check ups. I also have to give TWO THUMBS DOWN to his billing department. Charges were frequently sent to my ins, for services that were NEVER done. There was ALWAYS a billing conflict despite hearing "you're all paid up" as you check out, and then, 2 mos later, they would call you for charges due. SHADY billing going on there. "Emine", the ARNP is GREAT though. Bottom line, there are FAR better options.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2014

I found Dr. Helft and his office to be very unprofessional and rude on the phone. I would not recommend this doctor and his office to anyone who cares about their children.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Helft is really a great doctor. The only one I ever felt actually cared. I was a patient of his FOREVER- I only left because his practice has to kick patients out at 20 years old!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Helft is exceptional to say the least. Being a father to a young child himself, he understands the fears and concerns parents have regarding their children. His bedside manner is wonderful and my children feel very comfortable and relaxed when he is in the room. They actually look forward to visiting with "Dr. David." He takes his time and I never feel rushed. All my questions are answered in a professional and understanding way. I have nothing bad to say about the Doc and his staff. KUDOS TO YOU DR. HELFT!!! One fine and caring man.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I can't begin to offer enough praise to Dr. Helft and his staff. I have been taking my children to him for the past 3 year, and have and will continue to HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who wants the best for their child. Not only is he extremely caring and compassionate to the children but he is extremely knowledgable. I am completely confident in the care he provides to my children, not to mention my children love going to him! I am afraid that even these simple words does not do justice to the praise him and his office staff deserves!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

I rated him below a few months ago and have had a change of heart since then. Unfortunately, I am unable to delet my last post. So, I thought I'd take the time to try to rectify the situation. Here goes: Dr. Helft works very hard to help his young patients and takes a lot of pride in his work and practice. He is wonderful with our children and is very hands-on with the kids. He is caring and friendly and I am looking forward to watching my kids grow up with Dr. Helft has our pediatrician. His staff is kind and helpful and make us feel like we are part of a family.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2007

Dr. Helft has his own practice, which is nice because he has always seen us the same day, if needed. There have been several front office staff and nurses coming and going since we've been seeing him. He seems to really like children. The problem: he can get really aggravated if you ask him too many questions. And, he has a tendency to use "big words" and technical terms, which can be frustrating when you just want things explained in plain English. I also wonder about his knowledge because he is such a young doctor. He often downplays my concerns or gives me off the wall reasons/excuses for my concerns. Overall, though, we are still with him because he does take a lot of pride in his practice.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007

Dr. David A. Helft's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 71130 (Grad. 1998)

• BCBS Illinois