Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Magtibay

While dealing with multiple health issues, and working with doctors of multiple disciplines, Dr. Magtibay was demonsterative. He was demanding of me while I emotionally was going through PTSD. He finally screamed he could not work with an "Hysterical patient" and stormed out of my room. My boyfriend, a top cardiologist from Connecticut said that his actions bordered on malpractice as he saw the whole interaction. Although there are many great doctors at Mayo Clinic, Dr. Magtibay's arrogance and lack of compassion make his rating extremely low. Take my advice, seek out another doctor either in Mayo Clinic or away from Mayo Clinic.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Dr. Magtibay was cold and uncaring. He had no idea what was in my medical records and misdiagnosed me. During my post op visit I tried to explain the amount of pain I was in and he did not care, he just said the surgery site looked good and I was healing. I was not only in physical pain but emotionally exhausted from not knowing what was going on. I had multiple pre op appointments and he had his associates see me. I saw him only minutes prior to the surgery and demanded to see him for my post op visit since his associates were unhelpful. Mayo Clinic is a big name hospital who's only concern is money not patient care. I wouldn't ever use this hospital again. I did make a complaint with the Mayo Clinic and their response was after reviewing my medical records my surgery went well and were not willing to comment on the treatment or the post op pain.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

Consummate Professional who Genuinely Cares about his patients.It is remarkable how well Dr. Magtibay listens to a patient. His bedside manner is exceptional. He is clearly brilliant in his areas of expertise. I was so confident in his ability and team that I had very little anxiety going into surgery. Dr. Magtibay called me a few days post-op to offer support and reassurance which was very valuable. I had no bleeding at all which is normally expected. I healed well with little scaring in six weeks. I have very high expectations and Dr. Magtibay is the only surgeon who has exceeded them. He sets an excellent tone for the entire department. I highly recommend him as his humble demeanor allows him to see clearly.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Very please he did surgery and I. Am an 8 year survivor of ovarian canced stage 3c. I always feel comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2012

This is a very caring, VERY knowledgeable doctor who worked with me to come up with a significantly better, non- mutilating, new treatment program to treat my very rare cancer

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

could not get through to him to renew my cancer medication. terrible bedside manner and very poor record keeper. misdiagnosed me and, luckily, at the insistence of my spouse, I got a second opinion and decided to go elsewhere. This doctor could have cost me my life as I needed surgery asap to remove additional cancer that he did not detect or test for.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2010

This Dr was an uncommunicative ****. I ultimately chose another MD for my cancer treatment after tiring of his dictatorial treatment (no discussion about options or treatment) and after he did not return my calls to renew my Rx, which had run out. When I got my records, they stated that he had had lengthy conversations with me over treatment and options, which was a total fabrication. On my first visit, he did not even want a copy of my medical record (stated he "didn't need it"). Another MD at Mayo observed that I had regrowth of an ovarian mass and had to alert him because he missed it. Several appointments were scheduled for me by Mayo Clinic without my permission (apparently, Mayo thinks the rest of the world has nothing better to do than wait in line at Mayo Clinic)in the process of my treatment, so I am not recommending that cattle call center either, unless, of course, you are desperately seeking alternative treatment or clinical trial entry with no other options.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2010

Dr. Paul M. Magtibay's Credentials

• Univ Of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 55455 (Grad. 1991)

Banner Health
  • Blue Advantage
Care First (Ahcccs) W/Prior
Health Choice Of Arizona (Ahccss)
Health Net