Ratings for Dr. David A. Granger

I've been taking my son to this practice almost from birth. I've been to all the doctors, all of whom I like. My son is particularly taken with Dr. Granger, so I started requesting him for well child visits. We also see him for some sick visits. He's always been very thorough in making a diagnosis and explains the issues in a way I can understand. Not above my head, but not condescending, either. He also has followed up by phone to check on my son after two ER visits, one for asthma and one for a broken arm, which I felt was above and beyond. What I like most about this practice in general is they take a lot of time to talk to the parent about the child's health. It's definitely not a rush in, rush out kind of office.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr. Granger belongs to a multi-doctor practice. I do not have issues with the other doctors but I have had Dr. Granger on two occasions and it was the worst experience. My 1 mo old had a skin irritation and he told me it was this horrible disease that I would have to go to Hopkins. He was not able to fully explain the disease and I had to look it up online. It was a terrible disease that is extremely rare and he wanted to put my little baby on steriods!!! The Hopkins specialist said nothing was really wrong and diagnosed a nut allergy via breast milk. Recently, my 5 y/o had a bad sinus infection and Dr. Granger told me he had HIB!! My child had been vaccinated and granted a vaccine is not 100% but really!! I feel he has poor communication skills and relating to parents. He did not interact with my child during the examination. The other doctors are ok.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2010