Ratings for Dr. Vivian Thanh Phong Lee

"Dr." Lee is grossly incompetent and misdiagnosed me, which almost killed me. I also agree with the previous reviewer. I understand the need for doctors to detach themselves, and I don't particularly care about bedside manner, just skill. However, "Dr." Lee does indeed take this to a concerning level, appearing like a sociopath. So not only does she not have the skill or judgment, she is inhuman as well. She is so arrogant too that she is probably incapable of acknowledging or learning from her mistakes, which is terrifying! Why is NYGH not reading these reviews? Why is NYGH allowing this "person" to still work there and drag their reputation through the mud??? Just thinking of her is giving me the shivers. I pray for anyone who has to interact with her or have her as their doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2017

While Dr. Lee is friendly, my biggest concern is her staff. She was extremely rude on the phone and demanded that I let her know on the phone, immediately, whether or not I would make an appointment that required taking the day off from work. I asked her to give me until the end of the day to check with my office to ensure that I can take the day off and she refused - I asked for until noon and she reluctantly agreed, as it was simply 30 minutes later. When I went for my appointment, I had to wait for almost an hour and she repeatedly let in other patients before me, even though they had arrived much later than I did. My interaction with Dr. Lee's staff was so unpleasant that, should I need to see an infection specialist again, I will most definitely ask to be referred to someone else. It is unfortunate that the attitude and behaviour of this staff is enough to deter a patient away from an otherwise friendly doctor.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

She is a cold, cruel person with an alarming lack of empathy for her patients, reminiscent of psychopathy. She was my dad's doctor at ICU at NYGH. A person with no regard for human life and who is incapable of kindness or feeling, should not be given the decision to decide whether a patient lives or dies. Her psychopathy made us distrust her, as if she was nothing more than a murderer. We couldn't make the right decision for our dad until we got to work with doctors who we believed cared and had our dad's best interest at heart. All she cares about is making the patient die so she can cut costs. But that callous approach just made us want to fight for him even harder. Why would a family ever take the advice of someone who shows ZERO humanity and compassion??? She is not even a good doctor!!! She barked at us with her disgusting voice that our dad was dying that second, and she was completely wrong!! The other ICU doctors there are incredible and exemplary. She is not even close to being in their class or league.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

She was terrible. I saw her in the ER for acute abdominal pain and which was misdiagnosed as 'dehydration'. I had to fight to seek a second opinion, who noted internal bleeding and admitted me accordingly. She missed clear indicators of pathology on my blood work and completely misinterpreted my history. If I had the energy to submit a formal complaint to her college I certainly would have.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

The staff is a bit strict and never smile. The doctor is nice. She can also speak Mandarin, easy to communicate.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

She was terrible. Didn't listen to my history, judged me, and then misdiagnosed me. She told me I was dehydrated when I had acute pancreatitis, gastritis, and failing kidneys. Good work, doctor.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

I have had two occasions dealing with Dr Lee. The first was for one week the second was for two days. On the first occasion she was rather arrogant. When I wrote to her, the excuse she gave was "it was a case of miscommunication". On the second occasion she did exactly the same . I guess she would again say "it was miscommunication" I am tempted to say she should have been a vet. However I fear I would be doing the animals a disservice.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

I had one visit with her and she basically told me my symptoms were all in my head. She did not even physically examine me. She said I'd already had some tests with my family doc and what more did I want her to do? Don't bother wasting your time with this internal "specialist".

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

I don't usually write reviews but this had to be said. She was so very unhelpful and couldn't wait to kick me out after 15 minutes. She never even answered the ONE question my doctor sent me to see her with. Very dismissive as well She's a joke and she didn't bother to tell me at least what I can do to help my symptoms. Complete waste of time, go to another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

She is one snobbish Doctor, she will do her things,ie. writing, (on something else,not making a record what you said)while you are talking to her. She will give you a quick diagnostic and said she is 90% sure and turn out to be wrong by the lab test later. On the otherhand, when ask a simple question like should I keep on exercising; Her reply was a surprisingly " I don't Know". I was expecting either a "yes, or no, or wait". When her conclusion is questioned, her reply was "go get a second opinon"

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010