Ratings for Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

Since 2015, I have been to countless physicians and specialists. All of them missed my illness. I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorder and here’s the kicker… mental instability. The infectious disease specialist told me my symptoms were psychosomatic and I was suffering from anxiety and panic disorder and creating symptoms in my head. I was shuffled from doctor to doctor for months taking numerous medications that did not work with no explanation as to what was causing my symptoms. Frustrated and discouraged that the only answers the medical community could give me was that I was mentally ill and I needed to be medicated for that. It didn’t feel right so I kept searching. I came to the Sponaugle Wellness Institute in November 2016 after being treated at another local clinic called LifeWorks Wellness Center which caused more harm to my body than healing. They did not do weekly labs to make sure my body was detoxing properly and I spent my first 8 weeks of treatment there without seeing a single test result. No other doctors or clinics I visited were able to understand the brain the way Dr. Sponaugle does. He also was able to diagnose me with a heart condition called WPW that other cardiologists and Lyme specialists missed. I was sent into severe tachycardia while being treated at LifeWorks and was given zero guidance on what was happening to me. The Sponaugle Wellness Institute is extremely on top of every aspect of patient care. Dr. Sponaugle's comprehensive testing was able to give me answers to my health problems that no other clinic was able to. He was able to figure out that the infection had spread to my brain and was causing all of my neurological problems as well as figuring out where my cardiac problems were coming from. I am so grateful I found Dr. Sponaugle when I did because I was becoming so ill and was losing hope. Dr. Sponaugle's expertise in brain research has led him to develop an unparalleled detoxification program to help alleviate symptoms related to chronic lyme disease, mold toxicty and industrial toxicity. This is the best I've felt since getting sick. Having the knowledge I now do, I am prepared to keep moving forward in the healing process and gain my life back. Dr. Sponaugle and his staff are truly kind and caring and SWI has become like a family to me. I am so blessed to have found this place of healing and I am forever grateful for the time I have spent there. I would encourage anyone who is suffering from a chronic illness to trust Dr. Sponaugle with their care and give SWI a chance. It has changed my life.

Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
At Sponaugle Wellness Institute we appreciate your review and the opportunity to be a part of your journey to wellness. *Sponaugle Wellness Institute cannot guarantee individual patient outcomes. Treatment results will vary from patient to patient.

Submitted June 7, 2017

Hi I have written a review before but I will write it again do not ever use this Dr I have been to this doctor ! If you want to be put on Suboxone and be addicted to it for nine years after coming for a simple opiate withdrawal from a few painkillers a day to now being addicted to Suboxone told me to take the medication for 6 weeks and of course by six weeks I was addicted to it it's trading one addiction for another please do not spend $20,000 find a real Treatment Center so you don't have to suffer like me I have chronic gastritis now due to being on Suboxone I beg this doctor that I wanted to leave being completely drug-free and what do I get a suboxone addiction that has been going on for 9 years

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
Thank you for your review. As every patient has a different unique set of symptoms or diagnosis so will the treatment protocol for each individual. We welcome anyone with questions to please contact our patient coordinator at (888) 775-2770 with questions and to obtain truthful answers regarding their own chronic illness situation. We also welcome any prospective patient to review multiple patient testimonials on our website at http://sponauglewellness.com/changed-lives/

Submitted July 21, 2017

This guy is dangerous, stay away! Uses unproven treatments. Does not tell you what is in the IV's that he is giving you. Claims he can't tell you what is in the treatments because then others would copy his work. If he really had the "cure" for lyme disease, anxiety, depression, mold toxicity, alzheimer's, parkinson's, and the countless illnesses he claims to cure, he would submit his work for peer review and win the Nobel Prize + become incredibly rich and famous. Instead he has gotten rich taking advantage of desperate patients who will go to anyone who offers their loved ones a glimmer of hope. Horrible human being!

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
Thank you for your review. The information contained is false however. As every patient has a different unique set of symptoms or diagnosis so will the treatment protocol for each individual. We welcome anyone with questions to please contact our patient coordinator at (888) 775-2770 with questions and to obtain truthful answers regarding their own chronic illness situation. We also welcome any prospective patient to review multiple patient testimonials on our website at http://sponauglewellness.com/changed-lives/

Submitted July 19, 2017

He has everyone get a brain scan done and then tells them that they have a brain infection, even though the technician from the company who writes the reports says everything on the scan came out fine. This is his way of scaring patients into sticking with him long term. When they are about to leave the treatment, he orders a new brain scan and then tells them "Looks like you still have a brain infection", or will tell them, "looks like we busted the biofilm so a new infection came out". Patients will then spend more months or weeks at his clinic when in reality their condition has nothing to do with a brain infection. If you are a patient receiving treatment here, you know what I just wrote is true. If you are thinking of becoming a patient here, DON'T! It will be one of the biggest mistakes of your life as you will lose your life savings and have your health deteriorate and possibly die as several patients here have already.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Submitted July 19, 2017

This Doctor is not an infectious disease doctor. He is falsley marketing himself which is illegal in itself. He's anesthesiologist. DO NOT GO TO HIM. An 18 year old young girl died while in treatment here. I personally know multiple people who died immediately after his treatment. I am worst from having been there. You are risking your life by going. Please do not let this happen to you.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
Sponaugle Wellness Institute asks anyone that is considering our treatment to please view our multiple patient testimonials and most recently the following links regarding treated patients. https://www.facebook.com/SponaugleWellnessInstitute/posts/1473179156067099 http://sponauglewellness.com/video-testimonials/ We understand that the same person is posting negative reviews regarding Sponaugle Wellness Institute and claiming that they were a previous patient. We are submitting this review and other similar reviews to RateMDs.com for verification purposes. We are requiring this person to submit proof that they were a patient at Sponaugle Wellness Institute or that this review be removed. This person is reporting false information that is legally defamation and legal action will be pursued.

Submitted June 14, 2017

After too many years of stress, PTSD, and chronic fatigue; I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Dr. Sponaugle's integrative treatment helped me gain back my health and I now live pain free. It was a process and took time to feel relief. I would recommend him to my children, my friends and family, and anyone suffering from chronic pain. I also personally witnessed multiple patients go from wheelchairs to walking and/or dancing after treatment.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Submitted June 7, 2017

This doctor is not a Lyme specialist and every review about this scamming doctor is accurate . The least he could do is be nice even tho he's stealing people's lives. Firsthand experience out 80,000 US God will take care of that scumbag . Keep driving your Range Rover and belittle people that are sick very sad sad . That's why there's 50 cameras in the clinic . If your young with a nice but and a Nice chest grab it . Watch it. Lol 😂

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
At Sponaugle Wellness Institute we appreciate your feedback and opinion. We ask that any person or prospective patient seeing a review such as this review the countless patient testimonials on our website and call to speak to a patient coordinator that can direct them to previous patients that are also medical experts in their field of study. http://sponauglewellness.com/changed-lives/ *Sponaugle Wellness Institute cannot guarantee individual patient outcomes. Treatment results will vary from patient to patient.

Submitted June 7, 2017

Prior to becoming a patient of Dr. Sponaugle, the past 2+ yrs of my life were spent in misery. My health issues had become so severe that I had no choice but to resign from my jobs as a freelance writer & county chief appraiser. I'd lost so much neurological function. The memory loss was terrible, & my cognitive abilities had steadily declined. Physically, my days were filled with constant joint & head pain. Now, as I begin my 5th week of treatment with Dr. Sponaugle, he has already helped me regain so much of my health, and my life. For the first time in years, I'm beginning to feel like myself again. Doc & his medical staff are world class. I'm very thankful & I highly recommend Dr. Sponaugle to anyone who may be suffering from similar issues.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Submitted June 7, 2017

This is my 19th week of treatment at the Sponaugle Wellness Institute. I've been debilitatingly ill for more than 12 years. I was shocked to learn that I had mold and industrial toxicity as well as Lyme disease and co-infections. I wasn't expecting that! It took more than 6 months for me to decide whether to come here or not, and there were a few things that helped me to make my decision. I'm a former Oncology Nurse so I'm not an easy sell and initially I was very skeptical. And then I read about his daughter's recovery from Lyme disease and listened to Dr. Sponaugle's webinar - that really made a difference for me. PET scans don't lie and I was intrigued by his philosophy in treating this illness, the way he looks at the big picture in a way no other doctor is doing. How his treatment protocols are customized daily for each patient and help rebuild the body while treating the Lyme. The herxes I've experienced while in treatment here have been so well managed by the staff with their supportive "clean up" protocols. I've never felt so well taken care of and it's a huge relief because living in Canada means DIY Lyme and it's exhausting! I trust Doc with my life and trust is not something that comes easily for me. I belive in him and the remarkable work that he is doing. I knew he was my best shot at recovery. Not long before I came down to Tampa for treatment, I was having difficulty sorting out the finances and I felt so much discouragement and despair that I had called Dignitas in Switzerland to apply for their end of life program. I had even started to tell my friends. I had no desire to die, I simply didn't want to live a half life in a broken body anymore. I knew that this was my last chance of recovery. Thankfully it worked out and I'm doing remarkably better. For more than a decade, I've suffered with these horrific full body attacks that resemble a seizure. That one symptom ruined my life. Now I'm doing so much better, those attacks have greatly diminished and I rarely need my canes to walk! Doc has not only helped heal my body, he is giving me my life back. I am grateful. Cecile Gough, Patient Advocate, RN

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Submitted June 7, 2017

It almost seems like he picks and chooses which patients he really wants to help. Yes he seems knowledgeable but he is incredibly rude and arrogant. So is his main staff member. I've witnessed him belittle his staff as well. We drained our life saving and now the love of my life is worse than ever with late stage Lyme. $5000 a week???? And that's NOT including the weekly blood tests, scans, colonics, supplements or your stay. We were paying $5000 a week for 1 Myers cocktail a day??? Seriously??? That's bull! Funny how they describe ppl that leave the treatment as "not wanting to co operate") we spent over $100,000 Canadian with NO results. Not only that... the Dr belittled my husband. I think if you have money to be there a year, then maybe it would work... dr seems to be nicer to ppl with money anyway. We feel scammed and taken advantage of. He had no problem taking our money but had problems with us asking questions. Couldn't ask staff either what exactly were in IV Bags... were paying $5000 a week and we can't ask what's in the IV's??? Ya that's not shady at all!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological, neurological disorders, Lyme disease, and other chronic illness.

• English

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease