Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

It’s too bad they only allow 5 stars bc he’s a 10!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Am a male aged 60 and diagnosed with Parkinson"s at 59. I had some symptoms for a few years before diagnosis; stiff achy right arm and ankle, right hand tremor when typing, tiredness, body shivers, falls due to tripping. I was always active, bicycle riding to/from work daily and putting in 2 to 3,000 miles on my bicycle per year. i was on Mysoline 250mg in 3 doses for the essential tremor. Madopar 200mgfour times a day. Sifrol 1mg three times a day, I started on Health Herbal Clinic Parkinsons Disease Herbal formula treatment in November 2016, i read alot of positive reviews on their success rate treating Parkinsons disease through their PD Herbal formula and i immediately started on the treatment. Just 8 weeks into the Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements, my hand tremors seized. I am unbelievably back on my feet again, visit Health Herbal Clinic official website www. healthherbalclinic. net or email info@ healthherbalclinic. net.My have reduced my symptoms have so much reduced that now I hardly notice them.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Week 3 of working with Dr. Sponaugle and we are so impressed with his brilliance along with his desire to work so closely with each person to really understand the intricacies of their issue, in a way I never thought possible, and to then come up with a specific plan to attack it. I love how transparent the center is, with a setting that promotes patients interaction with each other. It is a breath of fresh air to be in this type of environment. Everyone who's been there for a while seems to be very happy with their progress. It's hard work on everyone's part, but people are willing to dig in because they believe in the process. I get it. He weaves Western pharmaceuticals in with supplements. You get a big dose of common sense and brilliance. I really can't say enough great things about this experience thus far.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

If people on here are questioning treatment, then they didn't pay attention. I was falling asleep at the wheel, so excessively tired, before I went to Dr. Sponaugle. At the same time, I had so much anxiety and fear that I couldn't function. I dreaded talking to people, and could not attend university classes. That all changed once I made the journey to see him. Dr. Sponaugle educates his patients about biochemistry, pharmacology, their underlying conditions, more than any other physician I have met or heard of. Other patients said the same. He has 5 hour workshops where he explains the mechanisms by which we patients are sick, and how to correct them. When Mayo clinic prescribes something, do you think they will spend 5 hours explaining why and how they work? The amount of people I met at Sponaugle Wellness that left Mayo clinic, or places like it, to find treatment that actually works is astounding. Anyone unsure of things most likely didn't go to the patient workshops that I did, listen to him explain these mechanisms everyday in the clinic, or read anything out of the HUGE patient packet of medical studies and other information he gives to EVERY patient. Is the place perfect? No place is. But if you are looking for someone that actually understands the biochemistry involved with chronic illness, what infections to look for that might mimic your "conventional" basket diagnosis like fibromyalgia and others, how medications actually work on receptor sites and ion channels, what causes the side effects, then there is no better place to go.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

As a mother and caregiver of a current patient receiving treatment as Sponaugle Wellness, I can’t possibly put into words how much Dr. Sponaugle means to our family and the patients here. Saying he is brilliant just isn’t saying enough. His mind is like a beautiful mind. There is a reason he is invited to speak before fellow integrative physicians at conferences, his brain is unlike any other. His tireless dedication to finding the underlying cure has kept him in and out the clinic all weekend long, not just for my child, but for about 4 other patients. This man dedicates his every hour to this practice and as a parent on ground you see that. It’s a shame to see malicious comments. If you have doubt, come to the clinic or find us parents on social media. We can speak on our current experience. Trust me, there even a mother all the way from Columbia with her son and daughter here, her husband employs 800 doctors himself. If that’s not saying something than I don’t know what does. I really hope the negative energy stops because I know what it’s like to have little hope left, and I will confirm, along with anyone here, there is hope as Sponaugle Wellness. God bless!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I'm so thankfor Dr. Sponaugle! He has helped me tremendously will my stomach issues, brain fog, migraine headaches, chronic fatigue and several other health issues I had. My health issues were caused by mold toxicity. I had seen several doctors before going to Dr. Sponaugle and none of the doctors were able to give me any diagnoses or reasons for my symptoms. I'm so thankful that I have my health and energy back!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

It took Dr. Sponaugle just 2 weeks to help my husband's major depression and overwhelming anxiety. After trying the hospital and several psychiatrists, I brought my husband to Sponaugle Wellness Institute where I was a Lyme/Mold toxicity patient. After extensive testing, Dr. Sponaugle was able to pinpoint the underlying reasons for his symptoms. In a few days of IV therapy and supplementation, his anxiety was under control and within 2 weeks, his deep depression lifted so that he was able to return to work while continuing his treatment. In a previous episode of depression and anxiety, it took 1.5 years to get my husband to the same condition that he was at SWI in two weeks. Nothing short of a miracle. Thank you, Dr. Sponaugle, for digging deep and assessing my husband's whole body and mind.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Sponaugle wellness healed me and educated me on my body and my mind. I have been ill for over 25 years and functioning at below level. I went to every doctor imaginable and was met with statement like it's all in your mind, or just reduce your stress and you will be fine. I sought solace in the holistic community for years trying Accupuncture, Pranic healing, massage, Ayurvedic treatment, cleanses, lymph drainage, etc. you name it and I tried it. These solutions would help for a little while and sometimes even make me worse. I soon find out from dr. Sponaugle that this is biofilm busting in my system with toxins and bacteria inside it - thus pumping what was hidden in my body into my fragile immune system. The mental toll my illness had on me was indescribable. Living wasn't living. In aug 2015 - I lost a day. I woke up but I don't remember a thing. That was the beginning of my demise as June 2016 came and I was disabled. Stroke like speech, balance gone, eyes distorted, twitching, numb and tingling body, burning feet (which I had for 20 years), memory loss, brain fog (had for many years) chronic constipation, urinary infections with no bacteria growth, anxiety, rage (over 20 years worsened), depression etc. I was diagnosed with Lyme in aug 2016 but went a all antibiotic route. This did not help me, I found sponaugle wellness while researching why people don't get better when being diagnosed with Lyme and using antibiotics. BIOFILM is immune to antibiotics. My immune system was dying and so was I. After 4 months at sponaugle I was able to come home and function. I have some gut lining issues to heal but I am well on my way to health which has alluded me for 25+ years. Detoxing my body of mold, industrial toxins, Lyme, bartonella, babesia and brucellosis was something I never could have imagined. But doc sponaugles protocol is what it took. I now understand how to protect myself in the future as well as live a fuller life. He saved me in many ways which is impossible to place a price tag or value on. Thank you doctor sponaugle and the dedicated staff who made my journey successful and memorable. 🌞❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

After too many years of stress, PTSD, and chronic fatigue; I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Dr. Sponaugle's integrative treatment helped me gain back my health and I now live pain free. It was a process and took time to feel relief. I would recommend him to my children, my friends and family, and anyone suffering from chronic pain. I also personally witnessed multiple patients go from wheelchairs to walking and/or dancing after treatment.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response
At Sponaugle Wellness Institute we appreciate your review and the opportunity to be a part of your journey to wellness. *Sponaugle Wellness Institute cannot guarantee individual patient outcomes. Treatment results will vary from patient to patient.

Submitted June 7, 2017

Since 2015, I have been to countless physicians and specialists. All of them missed my illness. I was diagnosed with vestibular migraines, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorder and here’s the kicker… mental instability. The infectious disease specialist told me my symptoms were psychosomatic and I was suffering from anxiety and panic disorder and creating symptoms in my head. I was shuffled from doctor to doctor for months taking numerous medications that did not work with no explanation as to what was causing my symptoms. Frustrated and discouraged that the only answers the medical community could give me was that I was mentally ill and I needed to be medicated for that. It didn’t feel right so I kept searching. I came to the Sponaugle Wellness Institute in November 2016 after being treated at another local clinic called LifeWorks Wellness Center which caused more harm to my body than healing. They did not do weekly labs to make sure my body was detoxing properly and I spent my first 8 weeks of treatment there without seeing a single test result. No other doctors or clinics I visited were able to understand the brain the way Dr. Sponaugle does. He also was able to diagnose me with a heart condition called WPW that other cardiologists and Lyme specialists missed. I was sent into severe tachycardia while being treated at LifeWorks and was given zero guidance on what was happening to me. The Sponaugle Wellness Institute is extremely on top of every aspect of patient care. Dr. Sponaugle's comprehensive testing was able to give me answers to my health problems that no other clinic was able to. He was able to figure out that the infection had spread to my brain and was causing all of my neurological problems as well as figuring out where my cardiac problems were coming from. I am so grateful I found Dr. Sponaugle when I did because I was becoming so ill and was losing hope. Dr. Sponaugle's expertise in brain research has led him to develop an unparalleled detoxification program to help alleviate symptoms related to chronic lyme disease, mold toxicty and industrial toxicity. This is the best I've felt since getting sick. Having the knowledge I now do, I am prepared to keep moving forward in the healing process and gain my life back. Dr. Sponaugle and his staff are truly kind and caring and SWI has become like a family to me. I am so blessed to have found this place of healing and I am forever grateful for the time I have spent there. I would encourage anyone who is suffering from a chronic illness to trust Dr. Sponaugle with their care and give SWI a chance. It has changed my life.

Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's response

Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological, neurological disorders, Lyme disease, and other chronic illness.

• English

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease