Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

After six years of taking my daughter to every conceivable doctor, including a John Hopkins Pediatric Neurology specialist in Baltimore, in an attempt to diagnose what was causing her ailments, ("fibromyalgia-like achiness; sports injuries that wouldn't heal; weak ligaments; bulging disc; neuropathy in her hands; chronic constipation; skin allergy to the cold; hormone issues, and more), I discovered Sponaugle Wellness Institute. I can't say this loud enough, Dr. Rick Sponaugle was the ONLY doctor —THE ONLY DOCTOR—who could properly diagnose my daughter. I am grateful ...no more than grateful— for his caring attitude; for his mind that won't quit asking 'why' and 'how'; for the opportunity he provided us in more ways than one to get my daughter healed. As a mother, if you think Dr. Sponaugle could help your child, I give the doctor a 6 out of 5...yes, 6 out of 5, score. My daughter's future is bright and healthy. I wrote about our journey to finding a diagnosis on America Outloud. http://americaoutloud.com/personally-think-genius-will-go-medical-history-pt-2/

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Sponaugle is an amazing doctor! God has obviously gifted him in being able to accurately diagnose and treat people who have suffered with illness and been undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years. He helped both of my daughters who had been sick for 5 years. We loved him and all of the staff! I highly recommend Sponaugle Wellness Institute! -Tonya

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Dr Sponaugle is truly a genius. I had been sick for 6 years, none of the Doctors during that time could even tell me what I had, much less treat it. Doc is very knowledgeable about what is truly going on and what the problems are. He then puts together a plan that fits you and your problems. Everybody is different and even the plan might change. He and his staff will figure it out. Thanks Doc for saving my life and so many others. You ARE a great Doctor and a good guy, Thanks

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

This doctor saved my husbands sanity and his life. The staff is wonderful. During my husbands treatment, I watched others get well. Most with the same story that no one else could help them. Other doctors treat the symptoms. Dr. Sponaugle fixes the underlying problem. I can’t thank him and his staff enough.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2018

I have Chronic Neurological Lyme with every co-infection in the book and didn’t know it. He saved my life Love ya Doc ❤️

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Really a amazing gift to my health. I don’t like to think about what my life would be like if I wasn’t fortunate enough to have found this amazing Doctor and his staff. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Healing lives, creating futures is Sponaugle Wellness Institutes tagline, and I think Dr. Sponaugle does more then that, he saved my life! I was a patient at SWI just over 4 years ago and was treated for chronic Lyme disease and mold toxicity. When I arrived I was in a wheelchair and extremely ill. Within weeks I no longer needed that wheelchair and by the time I left I knew that I had my life back. It took awhile after leaving for my body to fully heal post treatment, which is expected, and now three years later I still feel amazing! Prior to receiving treatment at SWI I saw over 25 doctors, which non-could diagnose me or even begin to treat me. I had been suffering with Lyme disease for a majority of my life and within minutes of meeting Doc, I knew I was in the right place and he was able to explain to me exactly what had been causing me such pain for so many years. Doc and all his staff are amazing to their patients and their family. I loved that Doc taught us about Lyme and explained to us what was happening so that we always understood what was happening to our bodies throughout his treatment. I am so thankful for having found Sponaugle Wellness Institute as without it I don’t know where I would be. But I know that I would not be the lively, health, active, person I am today. Since treatment at SWI I have watched friends and family go through the same amazing healing process as I here. I will continue to recommend this treatment centre for anyone who I talk to.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

He is a 10 very smart and personable His staff is outstanding

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr. Sponaugle has to be one of the most brilliant doctors I have ever met. My daughter suffered from Lyme disease as well as mold toxins and other toxins. Dr. Sponaugle was the only doctor to give us a diagnosis and hope for a future. His knowledge is so beyond anyone else'sin this field. He is so compassionate about his work and each individual patient he encounters. My daughter was in great hands under his care.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

It’s too bad they only allow 5 stars bc he’s a 10!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological, neurological disorders, Lyme disease, and other chronic illness.

• English

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease