Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle

After six years of taking my daughter to every conceivable doctor, including a John Hopkins Pediatric Neurology specialist in Baltimore, in an attempt to diagnose what was causing her ailments, ("fibromyalgia-like achiness; sports injuries that wouldn't heal; weak ligaments; bulging disc; neuropathy in her hands; chronic constipation; skin allergy to the cold; hormone issues, and more), I discovered Sponaugle Wellness Institute. I can't say this loud enough, Dr. Rick Sponaugle was the ONLY doctor —THE ONLY DOCTOR—who could properly diagnose my daughter. I am grateful ...no more than grateful— for his caring attitude; for his mind that won't quit asking 'why' and 'how'; for the opportunity he provided us in more ways than one to get my daughter healed. As a mother, if you think Dr. Sponaugle could help your child, I give the doctor a 6 out of 5...yes, 6 out of 5, score. My daughter's future is bright and healthy. I wrote about our journey to finding a diagnosis on America Outloud. http://americaoutloud.com/personally-think-genius-will-go-medical-history-pt-2/

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Really a amazing gift to my health. I don’t like to think about what my life would be like if I wasn’t fortunate enough to have found this amazing Doctor and his staff. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Healing lives, creating futures is Sponaugle Wellness Institutes tagline, and I think Dr. Sponaugle does more then that, he saved my life! I was a patient at SWI just over 4 years ago and was treated for chronic Lyme disease and mold toxicity. When I arrived I was in a wheelchair and extremely ill. Within weeks I no longer needed that wheelchair and by the time I left I knew that I had my life back. It took awhile after leaving for my body to fully heal post treatment, which is expected, and now three years later I still feel amazing! Prior to receiving treatment at SWI I saw over 25 doctors, which non-could diagnose me or even begin to treat me. I had been suffering with Lyme disease for a majority of my life and within minutes of meeting Doc, I knew I was in the right place and he was able to explain to me exactly what had been causing me such pain for so many years. Doc and all his staff are amazing to their patients and their family. I loved that Doc taught us about Lyme and explained to us what was happening so that we always understood what was happening to our bodies throughout his treatment. I am so thankful for having found Sponaugle Wellness Institute as without it I don’t know where I would be. But I know that I would not be the lively, health, active, person I am today. Since treatment at SWI I have watched friends and family go through the same amazing healing process as I here. I will continue to recommend this treatment centre for anyone who I talk to.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

He is a 10 very smart and personable His staff is outstanding

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Dr. Sponaugle has to be one of the most brilliant doctors I have ever met. My daughter suffered from Lyme disease as well as mold toxins and other toxins. Dr. Sponaugle was the only doctor to give us a diagnosis and hope for a future. His knowledge is so beyond anyone else'sin this field. He is so compassionate about his work and each individual patient he encounters. My daughter was in great hands under his care.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

It’s too bad they only allow 5 stars bc he’s a 10!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Am a male aged 60 and diagnosed with Parkinson"s at 59. I had some symptoms for a few years before diagnosis; stiff achy right arm and ankle, right hand tremor when typing, tiredness, body shivers, falls due to tripping. I was always active, bicycle riding to/from work daily and putting in 2 to 3,000 miles on my bicycle per year. i was on Mysoline 250mg in 3 doses for the essential tremor. Madopar 200mgfour times a day. Sifrol 1mg three times a day, I started on Health Herbal Clinic Parkinsons Disease Herbal formula treatment in November 2016, i read alot of positive reviews on their success rate treating Parkinsons disease through their PD Herbal formula and i immediately started on the treatment. Just 8 weeks into the Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements, my hand tremors seized. I am unbelievably back on my feet again, visit Health Herbal Clinic official website www. healthherbalclinic. net or email info@ healthherbalclinic. net.My have reduced my symptoms have so much reduced that now I hardly notice them.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Week 3 of working with Dr. Sponaugle and we are so impressed with his brilliance along with his desire to work so closely with each person to really understand the intricacies of their issue, in a way I never thought possible, and to then come up with a specific plan to attack it. I love how transparent the center is, with a setting that promotes patients interaction with each other. It is a breath of fresh air to be in this type of environment. Everyone who's been there for a while seems to be very happy with their progress. It's hard work on everyone's part, but people are willing to dig in because they believe in the process. I get it. He weaves Western pharmaceuticals in with supplements. You get a big dose of common sense and brilliance. I really can't say enough great things about this experience thus far.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

If people on here are questioning treatment, then they didn't pay attention. I was falling asleep at the wheel, so excessively tired, before I went to Dr. Sponaugle. At the same time, I had so much anxiety and fear that I couldn't function. I dreaded talking to people, and could not attend university classes. That all changed once I made the journey to see him. Dr. Sponaugle educates his patients about biochemistry, pharmacology, their underlying conditions, more than any other physician I have met or heard of. Other patients said the same. He has 5 hour workshops where he explains the mechanisms by which we patients are sick, and how to correct them. When Mayo clinic prescribes something, do you think they will spend 5 hours explaining why and how they work? The amount of people I met at Sponaugle Wellness that left Mayo clinic, or places like it, to find treatment that actually works is astounding. Anyone unsure of things most likely didn't go to the patient workshops that I did, listen to him explain these mechanisms everyday in the clinic, or read anything out of the HUGE patient packet of medical studies and other information he gives to EVERY patient. Is the place perfect? No place is. But if you are looking for someone that actually understands the biochemistry involved with chronic illness, what infections to look for that might mimic your "conventional" basket diagnosis like fibromyalgia and others, how medications actually work on receptor sites and ion channels, what causes the side effects, then there is no better place to go.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

As a mother and caregiver of a current patient receiving treatment as Sponaugle Wellness, I can’t possibly put into words how much Dr. Sponaugle means to our family and the patients here. Saying he is brilliant just isn’t saying enough. His mind is like a beautiful mind. There is a reason he is invited to speak before fellow integrative physicians at conferences, his brain is unlike any other. His tireless dedication to finding the underlying cure has kept him in and out the clinic all weekend long, not just for my child, but for about 4 other patients. This man dedicates his every hour to this practice and as a parent on ground you see that. It’s a shame to see malicious comments. If you have doubt, come to the clinic or find us parents on social media. We can speak on our current experience. Trust me, there even a mother all the way from Columbia with her son and daughter here, her husband employs 800 doctors himself. If that’s not saying something than I don’t know what does. I really hope the negative energy stops because I know what it’s like to have little hope left, and I will confirm, along with anyone here, there is hope as Sponaugle Wellness. God bless!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr. Marvin (Rick) Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological, neurological disorders, Lyme disease, and other chronic illness.

• English

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• Lyme disease