Ratings for Dr. Marvin Sponaugle

Please do t waste your time with this so called Lyme specialist he's more concerned with money than your well being , belittles patience and knows nothing about Lyme he experiments with people still using antibiotic's n 2016 not too smart , Lyme and co infections are resistant to them , wish I could go back and saved my 70,000 Us please do your research , huge womanizer and a scammer ,

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

I brought my wife ten weeks ago on a wheelchair from Canada after exhausting all local options for her deteriorating condition of presumable viral encephalitis. She had slurred speech, daily seizures and total paralysis, with heavy neurological symptomatology that was outsourced to fibromyalgia, pain syndrome and all kinds of not sense making conclusions by 20 doctors we saw prior to coming here. Dr. Sponaugle and his competent staff immediately diagnosed double strand meningitis brain infection damaging the central nervous system and her right side of the brain and body.They did extensive testing, PET scan images and review of prior tests and treatments. Dr. Sponaugle was the only one to pinpoint capillary leak disorder/Clarkson disease, which is life threatening condition, and to stay with us until late daily by my wife's side to stabilize her. I can boldly testify that he combines traditional antibiotics with natural supplements using classic functional medicine approaches. After seven years of my wife deteriorating and simply dying, she is now on her way to steady improvements, no speech slurring and stuttering, no tremors on right and no seizures. Her facial paralysis is now released. We are confident that thanks to Dr Sponaugle's competence, she will continue improving and she will walk again one day. Dr. Sponaugle has been the answer to our health journey of seven years that was going steadily downhill prior to finding him and being taken care by him and his staff. All our gratitude goes to him for his exceptional compassion, competence and care. Kapka and Stan Petrov from Canada

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Avoid this doctor, who takes your money but refuses to see you.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Dr. Sponaugle is a brilliant physician , far beyond your average Doctor . His integrative approach to medicine and curing his patients , works due to his approach of using modern western medicine paired with a naturopathic approach. He is the most thorough and comprehensive Doctor I have ever seen...ever! The advanced questionnaires submitted , and lengthy medical tests and blood work, give him a clear picture of your body and your brain; before even meeting him! His extraordinary knowledge of the brain and how it is affected by Lyme, Black Mold and Industrial Toxins is spectacular, following the future of medicine and current work on the brain being done by Asian researchers. He is at the forefront and cutting edge of this type of medicine! Other than waiting awhile to see him, I have no complaints because I know he is thorough with explaining what is wrong with you , which takes time with new patients ( or when an emergency arrises) . He leaves no rock uncovered where your health is concerned, and is determined to make the unwell, well again. He will get to the bottom of whatever is bothering you and views each patient as the individuals they are. I have seen the most desperately ill patients, out of wheelchairs and smiling, as they begin the metamorphosis of their new lives. It truly brings tears to your eyes....every time ! After seeing over 38 doctors and getting virtually no where, ( misdiagnosis', Drs. telling me it was "all in my head") I'd had enough after over 8 yrs of this! Seen by the top Doctors, Hospitals & centers in the country - they all got it wrong! On our first meeting, lasting over 5 hours,, Dr. Sponaugle literally described me, my personality , and my illness on point ! All without me saying a single word! How? By looking at my brain scans and other tests he'd run before I'd arrived! Tape this conference! I've listened to it over and over and it still stuns me! He amazed both my husband and I with his comprehensive knowledge of not only Lyme Disease, but in knowing how he could help ME as a human being get back to the world of the living again! It still astounds us with the continuing research he does. He keeps up with modern medicine, while treating with natural supplements as well. This combo works amazingly. Of all of his qualities, what won me over completely, is Dr. Sponaugle's huge enthusiasm for what he does which is so apparent! He will work until he finds the right combo of meds for not only you, but each patient ! He loves what he does and it shows. He is excited, motivated and continually curious. That's the kind of doctor I want. Knowing he began his medical career as an anesthesiologist, Dr. Sponaugle took on the great, vast world of Lyme when the disease hit home sadly infecting one of his daughters. He , as a concerned parent, changed career paths, gaining more schooling and education to heal his daughter, who was deeply and seriously ill by the treatment from other doctors. Something had to be done! He did it! After learning what was needed to cure her, He couldn't imagine doing anything else with his life, than this job which he finds rewarding, exciting, and intriguing and exhausting in every way . The idea of him as a dedicated Doctor caught my heart, but knowing he began as a concerned parent was what made me choose him. He cares, where very few physicians do. He answers every question, ( you may have to wait ) only because emergencies arise,he and his incredibly capable staff deal with what they should first. He reschedules meetings, and calls patients at home if needed. Recently, he cured two very ill children I saw at the clinic. They are cured now, recently sending doc a video of the two of them dancing, that went viral!!!! PLEASE, look it up,on YouTube. It will make your day! Everyone, even doc, cried. You see, under all that intelligence and brilliance lies a heart of gold . Being there daily, we've become a family of sorts. I see improvement and receive not only respect, but affection from doc and his caring staff everyday. It is obvious Dr. S cares, but he has a wonderfully compassionate and intelligent staff who love what they do as well. I am getting well! For the first time in 8 years of being bed bound, I am slowly, getting better With my pain, balance & walking Steadier w ,less joint pain and a more energy. For the first time I was able to go out to lunch with my husband! A monumental day ! We cried, as did my friends at the clinic, and even the staff was so glad for me. You can't fake caring. Thank you Dr. S, for Giving me hope.I've recently turned a corner , and had days w NO PAIN!!!!! I was losing hope until going to SWI!I can imagine being whole, well and a part of society again.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Dr Marvin 'Rick' Sponaugle is the only doctor we would ever trust to diagnose and treat the actual problem itself instead of just the symptoms. and we have definitely seen a lot of doctors! But Doctor Sponaugle is much more than a doctor in our opinion. This is a huge factor that seperates him from any other doctor and is why mum and myself absolutely adore the man and greatly resepct him. He understands that health is not a destination but a process, even when you would consider yourself 'healthy' it's for some of us completely changing our lifestyle for the better to make sure we are the healthiest we could possibly be and not have to come back for more treatment as he knows how frustrating it can be getting well after you have became so sick because he has been there himself along with his family which is why he does what he does in the first place, also something that seperates him from most doctors! I have read other reviews that have complained about his prices and I can tell you right now that those people would not have taken the opportunity to receive all that Doctor Sponaugle is actually offering you. I'm referring back to the education part of the journey, His clinic is like a small community where almost everyone has gone through the same experiences as you have when it comes to visiting several to hundreds of doctors and getting no where and what they've been reduced to in the process whilst they have got sicker and sicker before they find Sponaugle. you can learn so much just from everyone else there, whats worked for them what hasn't, you'd be surprised at how much you can learn if your willing to. Then on top of that Dr Sponaugle holds seminars which go for 5-6 hours or more where he will try to explain as much as he can about the main reasons and issues behind why people are becoming so sick and with that said I would also like to address the people who believe his treatment makes you sicker, when infection or poison that is trapped in your body comes out it enters the blood stream first and then must be expelled by your body which can make you feel sicker temporarily but is a necessary process to rid your body from them, people who mistake this for being sicker I would assume have never bothered to attend his seminars or attempted to work anything out themselves which is probably why people also say they see him getting upset with patients and possibly even staff at times because he rightfully expects people to take health seriously as a subject everyone should be interested in, to which mum and myself could not agree more with and lose energy with people who are clearly not trying. Dr Sponaugle knows how very important that is and it's the last thing most doctors would ever believe in. It shows just how willing of a man he is to teach people what he knows and is always open to knew information whereas someone who knew half of what he knew if that would be quote 'too smart to learn anymore' which is a polite way to say their too arrogant, so to the people who call Dr Sponaugle arrogant they couldn't be more wrong! Dr Sponaugle takes on patients that are way too sick for any other doctors to 'treat' and then gets the blame for his patients being so sick which is completely false and ignorant by other so called health professionals, this year he has decided not to take any breaks off at the end of year holidays because he is worried about his patients, this man truly wants people to get better, mum and I have travelled all the way from Australia to be treated by Dr Sponaugle and his staff and it has been the best decision we have ever made! We are better people for it and have met people from all over the world at his clinic as well. It just shows how good his passionate work is! Thank you for everything you have done for us Dr Sponaugle from your friends from Australia Bradley and Alison, we don't know what we would have done without you. 'That's not a knife'

Submitted October 12, 2015

Amazing passion and compassion. Dr Sponaugle is the nicest doctor and so brilliant he cares so much about his patients. I can compare because I have had 28 doctors since the oil spill who couldn't figure out why I became so depressed and so tired and eventually bed ridden after the oil spill. I live in southern Louisiana and do many of my friends have come down with cancer or MS in the last few years. None of the doctors over here have a clue that it is tied to petroleum toxins. They failed to heal my depression and memory loss. Previous neurologists told me I had irreversible frontal love dementia which would become Alzheimer's in a few years, my husband and I were scared to death. Thank you Dr Sponaugle for giving up your life to read and research and do all those brain scan studies. You and your wonderful caring staff for reversing my dementia and getting rid of my severe depression. Who knew it could be caused by mold toxins and Benzene toxins from the oil spill. God bless you for giving me a brain that is better than I had 20 years ago Everyone in southern Louisiana should have you do your magic and detox their brain and body from those ugly petroleum toxins. when it comes to treating brain chemistry and neurological problems no one can compare to Dr Sponaugle

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

THE MOST WELL-RESEARCHED AND INTELLIGENT DOCTOR WE'VE MET by Drs. Douglas P. and Julie A. Tiessen, with sons Josh and Zac Through recommendations of other Canadian patients who claimed to be 98-99% healed by Dr. Sponaugle's personalized treatment protocol, thank God we ended up in Florida at Sponaugle Wellness Institute. We learned more in the first hour with Dr. Sponaugle than in the past 15 years from 20 other specialists! He stays on top of the most cutting-edge research from around the world, and is in fact the most intelligent doctor we've ever met. Our family of four received the best of care from "Doc" (as his patients affectionately call him) and his capable caring staff, as we put our full trust in them. We each diligently followed their personalized treatment plan and everything they prescribed including IV infusions, prescriptions, supplements, diet, exercise, colon therapy and foot detox. This treatment is not for the undisciplined or faint of heart, but the results are well worth the time and effort. After 11 weeks we are all well on our way to restored health. We are leaving to return home to Canada confident that Dr. Sponaugle will follow up with us as he has with his other patients who come from around the world claiming he is the best. We could not agree more!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

My son spent 3 months and this clinic for lyme and its co-infections. This doctor is rude and intolerant of questions. The worst part is that my son's symptoms not only didn't improve but worsened with the infusions , which is the only treatment. My son now has tremors and his mental functioning has worsened, with obsessive compulsive behavior , not present prior to this clinic visit.. You can see Dr. Sponaugle 1x per month Wait time to see him is about 3 hour with Dr. Sponaugle never sitting down but always anxious to leave. Avoid this clinic, which will take your money without caring and without results

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

My experience at Sponaugle Wellness Institute has been amazing. I have been going to doctors for almost a decade now, and before I came to Sponaugle not one of them was successful in even giving me a diagnosis, not even the Mayo Clinic. Before my start date I had several lengthy conversations with Pastor Philip who went above and beyond to answer all my questions and thoroughly explain their process. When I started treatment I instantly knew I was in the right place for me and my health. The staff is AMAZING!! So kind, so compassionate, and they just go above and beyond for you each and every day and Doctor Sponaugle, such a brilliant and compassionate man himself. He take so much time with each patient, my first appointment with him was 2:30 hours, you won’t get that with your regular doctor! His dedication goes well beyond office hours as he holds seminars so we can educate ourselves about what is really going on in our bodies. About 3 months into treatment Dr Sponaugle was able to give me specific diagnosis's, its hard to put into words what that means to a person who has been searching for answers for almost 10 years now. It gives you hope, lets you see light at the end of the tunnel. 7 months in I have noticed that on a steady, daily basis I have more energy. For the last 6 years I very rarely left my bed past 4:00 pm and these days I am up and out and about, sometimes till 11 at night!! Such a drastic improvement. I am sleeping better and have very little if any anxiety anymore. I am not done yet, I still have a great deal of healing to do but I know that Dr Sponaugle will get me there. I can confidently say that if I was giving the choice to go anywhere in the world for treatment there isn’t a question about it I would be right where I am at the Sponaugle Clinic. He is the only doctor I have ever really trusted and I know as long as I have him on my side I will make a full recovery.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

At the age of 15 I was diagnosed with ADHD. I also had migraines and a hard time to focus. Along the years, I started suffering from insomnia, lack of emotions, panic attacks, depression and suicidal thoughts. Facing fear on a daily basis, I showed her strength when I decided to seek help. I knew something was wrong and I contacted Sponaugle Wellness Institute. I thought I that I if I did come here they could help me. Like, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. They change lives. Doctor Sponaugle I think for sure, saved my life.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. Marvin Sponaugle's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Rick Sponaugle, Director of Sponaugle Wellness Institute, is an integrative physician with extraordinary brain expertise having treated over 9,000 patients who were suffering with various psychological and neurological disorders.

• German

• West Virginia University (Grad. 1982)
  • University of Florida (Grad. 1985)

• ILADS - International Lyme & Associated Diseases Society