Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Schwalberg

One of the best I've deal with; smart; cares; listens; talks; advises but within the correct boundaries; would highly recommend for anyone!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Michael D. Schwalberg is smart, kind, and very good at getting rid of panic. While it is my belief that the effectiveness of a therapist depends on your "fit", Schwalberg will do everything he can to help.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Dr. Schwalberg is an outstanding therapist. I have had six over the course of my life, and he is by far the best. His knowledge, compassion, suggestions, breadth of understanding, and manner are exceptional. I suffer from chronic anxiety. He has provided me with excellent coping strategies. I look forward to seeing him each week (sometimes more than once a week), and he has never failed to help me organize my thoughts, put my issues in perspective, and make wonderfully helpful suggestions. I honestly do not think I could function as effectively in my life as I do without him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. Schwalberg is an excellent Psychologist, I suffer from severe anxiety disorder and was a house-bound agoraphobic for almost 10 years. Thanks to him, I am back living life OUTSIDE of my house. Just recently I even got Married, when I never thought that would happen for me. He even treated me "pro bono" when I could not afford to pay because he was determined to see me receive the help I so desperately needed. He's professional, courteous, has trained under the best psychologists and is caring. All one has to do is listen and heed his advice/help and you'll get better. I never thought I would see the day when I was able to leave my house, with Doc's help, I did it and am doing it! From my family, thank you for helping me to live a life again!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Dr. Schwalberg is a very professional and reliable therapist. He was knowledgeable in "exposure/response prevention" (ERP) therapy which is the treatment of choice for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). After each session, I felt more motivated to do my ERP homework even though it is very difficult. He is one of the few therapists in the Kingston, NY, area who does this type of therapy.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

Dr. Schwalberg is an excellent doctor. He is professional, understanding, and is flexible regarding appointments. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. Schwalberg was more of a detriment to my health (mentally, physically, emotionally), over the decade that I saw him, more often than he was helpful. He is completely unprofessional- crossing boundaries that no therapist EVER should with a client. He was THE MOST inappropriate therapist that I have ever had... (which I hate to admit, is a staggering number...). All in all, I would never even recommend this doctor to my worst enemy! Since I stopped our sessions, which were sometimes 2x a week (...probably to get even MORE $$ out of me), I have felt better than I have in YEARS!!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

Dr. Michael D. Schwalberg's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan