Ratings for Dr. Marcel Dvorak

Excellent doctor the best , I had back surgery , in wheelchair now walking with a cane

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

Since my surgeries, my back has new curvatures and I have more chronic pain. Worst of all, I am now hunched over 60 degrees with two screws sticking through my skin! My God!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2018

Dr. Dvorak prevented me from living life in a wheelchair. What more can I say.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2018

Dr Dvorak..performed a spinal fusion on me 18 months ago..I am a very active, now 81 year old who had lived a very very active physical life for 79 years .When I came to him..I thought I was finished with all that.. as my pain was severely immobizing..Within days of the surgery the back pain was gone..The caring of Dr Dvorak and all the staff on the spinal unit at Vanc Gen Hosp was over the top in quality..Many here have said he literally returned their life to them..thats sure how I feel ..Now ..Im back hiking ..swimming..and living daily with gratitude for this extraordinary man"s gift ...

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

dr.dvorak is clear, thorough, and straight to the point with every aspect of spinal fusion surgery. Every patient is treated equally fantastic given their efforts mirror the surgeon and his team

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Almost 10 years ago, I had a bad fall at my son's house under construction in Vancouver, BC. Dr. Dvorak operated me for the spinal cord injury. He later continued looking at the progress I was making. To date I have no back pain or any issues relating to my surgery or accident. A highly recommended surgeon at VGH.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

It will be 2 years in July , I had back surgery performed by Dr.Marcel Dvorak. I got the best care from Dr. Dvorak and his staff. My recovery was fast, 2 months after my surgery, I was able to go back to my normal life , Yoga, Hiking in the mountains, snowshoeing etc etc. He is the best THANK YOU

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Although my surgery was booked and then cancelled for emergencies 5 times I cannot say enough about Dr.Dvorak. I was only 17 when I suffered my back injury and lived with it for a year and a half but Dr.Dvorak gave me my life back...I know many people who had the same surgery with other surgeons and still have pain but 5 years later and my back is still pain free. Highly recommend him to anyone suffering with back/disc issues!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

I had a spinal fusion in 2001 done by Dr. Dvorak and his team. They were great. The first few years post- surgery were difficult mainly because I waited for way too long, maybe 15 years too long to go through with the surgery. What helped me overcome my fear was the thorough manner in which Dr. Dvorak answered all my many many questions. This helped tremendously and I will always be grateful for the amount of time he took with me. I recommend; 1. don't put needed surgery off for too long as other pain and nerve complications may result, and 2. research your questions, write them down so when you meet with the surgeon you can use the time really effectively and have your questions discussed thoroughly. I have experienced a marked improvement in pain and function the last few years and have been able to become much more active.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

I was told by numerous docs that there wasn't a surgeon on the planet that would do the surgery I needed to live. I was 19 years old, given 1 year to walk and 5 years to live. Tumor wrapped fully around my spinal cord. 9 years cancer free, no one would notice I've had 40 hours of back surgery. Playing sports, living an amazing life.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2014