Ratings for Dr. David I. Stein

Milwaukee Pain Treatment tells you preliminary treatments are required before the advertised miracle disc decompression(bate and switch), but won't disclose costs(also a Wisconsin statute). Then you receive horrendous bills twice that of other pain clinics, over $10,000 for a temporary cortisone shot, and a 20 minute nerve ablation which, if you can find the fine print, has little effectiveness and also temporary. Fighting them in court, court commissioners and judges side with Milwaukee Pain, which files over 50 judgment cases/year and 300+ in the last five - you are treated like the criminal.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I really think you are to call your clients in for pill counts you will find one of your clients is taking way too much medication and does not have any of his medication laughed . GC.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I am an RN and my husband was seeing Dr. Stein. All I know is that their billing is horrible. Evidently, they charge over a thousand dollars every month for a urine drug screen that they do in minutes in their office. That is absolutely ridiculous!!! Then, your bill will jump from one hundred and fifty dollars to over two thousand and when asked, no one will be able to explain it. I had my husband question them early on when I received an EOB from my insurance company from an outside lab for over a thousand dollars in lab charges and when questioned, Dr. STEIN'S WIFE replied, "Don't worry about it. We have an agreement with that lab for billing. Your account is fine." I eventually did get my husband to go see a reputable pain Dr after his bill jumped up with no explanation. Then, they took him to court and he went and contested it. Unfortunately, he does not read well and did not realize he only had a couple weeks to fill out his arguement and get it in. He didn't give me the paperwork because we were extremely busy moving and I was working long hours. Since he didn't get his paperwork in within that two week period, Dr Stein was awarded over three thousand dollars. We never did get an explanation as to why the bill went from three hundred to three thousand dollars. My guess would be the fraudulent urine drug screening charges. Now, they are taking the money from MY checks. I am not done with them. I am so angry, they are taking food and necessities from my children.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr Stein is excellent!! If you have physical proof that you suffer from pain{ MRI, X-RAYS } He will give you the best options of what is right for you. I have been a patient for over a year and don't mind a drug screen every visit cause I have nothing to hide. Listen to him and do what is expected of you. If all you want is a script for opiates then don't come here because he is not a quack. The staff is excellent and friendly Dr. stein is very professional and listens to his patients. Like I said if you have proof you suffer he will help you. You people that are bad-mouthing need to keep going to your street dealer because dr. stein does not just hand out pain meds

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I am at a huge loss of words... I NEVER in my life been to a clinic that the dr. talked to me like a child. after my first app. the first thing I said to my friend was" he didn't even look at me " His eyes looked down the whole two min/ he was in the room.. I thought it was just me until I read these other messages from others.... WOW.. SO HIS WIFE WORKS WITH HIM . MY LAST APPOINTMENT I ASKED FORN CREAM. SHE SAID WE DONT DO THAT HEAR.. WHAT? LIKE ARE U KIDDING ME! THEY DONT WRITE SCRIPT FOR MUCSLE CREAM ..........OOOOOOK. I GUESS I SHOULD OPEN MY OWN PAIN CLINIC IF ITS THIS EASY TO RIP PPL OFF.. I AM GOING TO CALL M Y INSURANCE TO SEE WHAT THEY BILLING ME FOR.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

This is how you would handle a monster like David I Stein Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services Mail To: P.O. Box 7190 1400 E. Washington Avenue Madison, WI 53707 - 7190 Madison, WI 53703 FAX #:(608)266-2264 EMail: dsps@wisconsin.gov Phone #: (608) 266-211

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

This doctor messed up my back so bad during his famous disc decompression he raved about. he comes in Sees you for 2 minutes does not even look at you and write scripts. his so called first exam is only you walking for him that's how he determines what kind of treatment you need. The physical therapy department although is very nice is completely worthless and his wife who does the scheduling and is in reception is really a piece of work she certainly needs to go to school for Customer Servicewhen you're in his parking lot you get approached by several people to purchase your scripts and he pays lots of money to come up first in the internet when you search for pain management stay away from this doctor and find yourself a new one he will only cause a headache and when you try to get your records he does not give them up and makes all kinds of excuses when you try to see a new doctor say away from this man!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

MY RATING IS TRUE!! THERES A LADY AT THE FRONT DESK THATS SUPER RUDE!!! THEY HAVE A SIGN CLEARLY POSTED AT THE CHECK IN WINDOW THAT STATES "IF YOUR RUDE OR DISRESPECTFUL YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT" WELL THAT LADY NEEDS TO BE FIRED AND KICKED OUT!! ALSO THE DOCTOR SPEND THREE MINUTES TOP WITH YOU DURING YOUR VISIT!! BEWARE I RECEIVED A BILL FOR OVER 2,000 DOLLARS FOR A TWO WORD CONVO "ANYTHING CHANGED" AND A PRESCRIPTION THAT I DIDNT FILL!! LOOK AT ALL YOUR BILLS!! THIS DOCTOR IS OVER CHARGING PATIENTS AND INSURANCE COMPANIES!! IM CONTACTING THE MEDICAL BOARD AND THE STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL!! PLZ FIND A DOCTOR WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR WELL BEING, UNLIKE DR. DAVID STEIN WHO CARES ABOUT FITTING AS MANY PATIENTS AS POSSIBLE IN TO OVER CHARGE THEM AND THEIR INSURANCE COMPANIES!! SHAME ON YOU DR. DAVID STEIN!! MY ATTORNEY WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOU FOR MEDICAL BILLING FRAUD!!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

lEST I BE SARCASTIC HE IS KNOWLEDGABLE ON HOW TO GET YOUR MONEY. THEY WANT CASH MONEY WOULDNT BE SURPRISED IF THIS guy IS WORKING OFF THE BOOKS. I called him on medicare fraud they have taken statements. The **** behind the counter is his wife the rest of the staff is nice. Call your insurance company if he wants anything except co-payment. Wait for your EOB from your insurance company before you overpay. He likes to pull bait and switch, saying he accepts your insurance then when he bills you what he didn't tell you was he accepts your insurance but you are *out of network* get everything in writing better yyet just go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Dr. David I. Stein's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Milwaukee Pain Treatment tells you preliminary treatments are required before the advertised miracle disc decompression(bate and switch), but won't disclose cos..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I really think you are to call your clients in for pill counts you will find one of your clients is taking way too much medication and does not have any of his ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am an RN and my husband was seeing Dr. Stein. All I know is that their billing is horrible. Evidently, they charge over a thousand dollars every month for a ..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Stein is excellent!! If you have physical proof that you suffer from pain{ MRI, X-RAYS } He will give you the best options of what is right for you. I have b..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am at a huge loss of words... I NEVER in my life been to a clinic that the dr. talked to me like a child. after my first app. the first thing I said to my ..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is how you would handle a monster like David I Stein Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services Mail To: P.O. Box 7190 1400 E. Washington Ave..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor messed up my back so bad during his famous disc decompression he raved about. he comes in Sees you for 2 minutes does not even look at you and write..."

October 3, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=949621'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 2.9

February 6, 2014
  • First Name changed from "David" to "David I."

April 8, 2012