Ratings for Dr. John E. Northman

Horrible, He ignored when my ex said very clearly in our first custody evaluation session that she had no intention of coparenting. That's supposed to be the first and most important premiss for the evaluator to figure out. (which parent is most likely to foster a relationship between the child and the other parent) he ignored her statement and I haven't been able to have contact with my kids for years. Great job Doctor

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Horrible treats you like an idiot and he knows it all! Very condescending Doesn't like when you suggest something and some of those wonderful reviews just read all his reports on you and your sessions very eye opening on what he thinks and writes.There are WAY better Drs out the that treat with respect not think your a jerk and take up his precious time. Just read his notes and you will see he's an a$$

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

The doctor does tend to have a negative and limited perspective on relationships and guidance. He would sit there and stare at you making you feel like a science project. He actually did more harm than good on my psyche. Dr Northman should retire.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Fabulous! This guy gets it! Not afraid to say it like it is. He was easy to talk to and had good practical suggestions. Helped me deal with my emotions and a very traumatic situation. He was right on target. Challenged me to address the things I could control and redirect the ones I couldn't. This Doc. will help you work through and get results in a short amount of time and with an appropriate amount of compassion and understanding. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2013

He was very unhelpful overall. He tended to be negative and condescending. He would scoff at my opinions in a way that could be considered tactless for a psychologist. Even when he did bring up a good point he always made it sound, somehow, less appealing. I don't think I gained anything from his sessions. I would not recommend him to anyone. Plus he would just stare at you until you said something. Highly uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2013