Ratings for Dr. Anca Patroi

Absolutely cannot say enough how wonderful Dr Anca is. I have been meaning to write a review of her for a while, as I have been a patient for almost 7 years. She has always, ALWAYS made me feel comfortable. Two years ago, I suffered two back to back miscarriages. Each time, Dr Anca was more than a doctor - she was a support lifeline, letting me cry on her shoulder. After the second miscarriage, she called me personally and asked me to come in the next day before her clinic opened, just to see me and offer support, including any referrals I wanted to fertility doctors. When I finally had a successful pregnancy, she was overjoyed for me and supported me throughout the whole pregnancy. The staff at the clinic are wonderful as well-- I have a fear of needles and anytime I had blood draws they were so kind and helpful. I find Dr Anca more than punctual, in fact if you get there early you are often seen a few minutes before your appointment. So very happy to have found a family doctor who is approachable, kind, and definitely listens to her patient's concerns.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

My family has been her patients for over 5 years. She is one of the nicest people I know and very good physician. Not once in 5 years have we been rushed or felt the need to see another doctor. My son won't even go to a pediatrician but when we say we have to go see Dr. Patroi he is ready. Diagnosis perfect and her caring nature is top notch...its 5 stars for you always Dr Patroi

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

I love Dr. Patroi - she makes me feel valued and listened to. She doesn't brush anything off, and always sends me for tests or recommends me to specialists if I have a concern. The only criticism I have is once I mentioned to her during a physical that I was hoping to lose a bit of weight (27 BMI - so not terrible, but still overweight). She just kind of brushed me off and told me that I didn't need to lose anything. I've since lost almost 30 pounds through exercise and dieting, with information that I found on the internet in my own time instead. I wish she could have helped me from the get-go, but I have a feeling she may have not wanted to hurt my feelings. She's very considerate and compassionate, and I really like her.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I'm not sure who would possibly rate Dr. Anca as "draining" because she's the exact opposite. She always makes me feel like I'm the most important patient to her, and always makes me feel better! When I took a pregnancy test with her and she handed me the paper confirming I was pregnant with my first child, I cried, and she blew my mind by giving me a hug, saying that she understood exactly what I was feeling, not only as a doctor, but as a woman. She is the best doctor I've ever had in my life. I don't even live in Milton anymore, but she will always be my family doctor. Shame on that ONE ignorant person who berated her English and thought she was impersonal. She's NEVER been that way before to me or anyone in my family. She's knowledgeable, caring, compassionate, and a real human being. Anyone in need of a family doctor in Halton NEEDS to visit with her. She's amazing.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Very helpful doctor...Worth waiting for her while walkin.. The warm welcome with patients and the way of listening n explaining is soo gud.I recommend for new people to just try..

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

Rate Dr. Anca Patroi, I just saw Dr. Anca Patroi and felt drained. She drained my energy. I had injuries and I don’t have a family doctor, that made me in a position where I had no physician to take care of me. So I am trying to find a family doctor who is professional and who cares about the patient. When I called the clinic for an appointment with Anca Patroi, the receptionist suggested that I see Patroi as a walk-in patient and then decide if I would like to sign up with her. I found her impersonal and uncaring. She walked into the room and prescribed some topical cream and that was it. I told her I needed a family doctor for my injury issues and she said I needed to see a family doctor. And I need a 20-minute session. She said there are a lot of doctors accepting new patients and I should go to them. I asked her if she accepts new patients, she said “yes, but not much.” (Those were her own words - her English was poor.) She said Dr. Makinde and Dr. …(a South Asian name) were also accepting new patients. I felt I was not welcome. I told her “I would like to be frank. If you don’t like to be my doctor, I would not force myself upon you.” How insensitive this woman is! If she has the basic human sensitivity, and the basic doctor’s quality she would know what and why I went to see her. She would have said, “we need 20 minutes to examine your injury, why don’t you book another appointment to come and see me?” If she did so, it would be a step forward for me to get myself a family doctor. I took my time to read all the reviews before I saw her and I mentioned to her that patients said good things about her. She simply shrugged. It says it did not matter what patients say about her. I found the opposite to what other reviewers said about Patroi. I cannot think of anything good to say about her after this very brief visit. I found her impersonal, getting patients in and out as fast as she can. She does not care and she carries a barrier around herself. She did not care to win my respect and trust. I have no motivation to see her again. I have to spend time and energy to continue my Doctor hunting. I left my water bottle behind in Room 1 and in a minute, when I went back to retrieve it, it was gone. She threw it out! If she took the bottle to the receptionist, I would feel better about her. The receptionist Andie gave me a new bottle. Good for her. She cares and connects with people. A very rare quality you can’t find among physicians. She does not connect with the staff! It is obvious Patroi sees walk-in patients as a fast and easy way to make money. So she doesn’t care to sign up her own patients. For her, the occupation is just a money-making activity, not a profession.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

Very friendly, caring and thorough doctor. I don't mind waiting as she takes her time with patients.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

she is our family doc.... very good with what she is doing. caring doctor..

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

we were fortunate enough to get dr. patroi as a family doctor and she is well worth the wait to be seen,she is very caring warm and helpful also thorough,we,re so grateful as it was not easy to get a doctor after moving here from the west,god bless her we hope to have her for many years to come,lynda wallis

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

Dr Patroi is my family Dr. I went to a few Dr's before deciding that she would be my family Dr. She is very caring and professional. I really like her and feel comfortable with her. A great doctor! Wish they were all like her.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2012