Ratings for Dr. Richard W. Evans

He diagnosed my disease, he went over various medications and treatments and explained the side effects of each. He was very nice, thorough and extremely understanding of the pain I was experiencing. He answered every question I could think of and after choosing a medication I felt was right for me, detailingly explained every side effect and my concerns over them. The only con was the wait time and the absence of being able to contact the doctor directly later, but that is typical in my experience with the VA.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

I had him thru the VA in Asheville,NC. I felt he didn't care what I had to say, ignored my complaints on side effects & basically treated me like a piece of meat. I didn't like him from day one, rather take the pain than see him again. Looking for another doctor now. NO bed side manner at all! Won't explain procedurs or side effects or alternative treatments! At first I told him I would try natural treatment & he snickered and he said fine, "you'll be back!" I think he could've taken the time to explain my disease, treatments, and any alternatives. Nope, just pills, pills, pills, don't waste your time telling him of side effects. He either doesn't listen, or just doesn't care! I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

Did not seem to take me seriously. I used to be a very small person. When I got Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Hypothroidism, depression and anxiety I began to gain weight. Now I am very overweight. I definitely got the feeling that he blamed some of my problems on my weight. Let me stress, I gained weight AFTER I started feeling so bad and stopped doing pretty much everything. I went to him twice then stopped. I did not feel like he cared at all.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. Richard W. Evans's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1976)

Molina