Ratings for Dr. David Hancock

STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY... RUN This so call professional is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. Saw this Dr (using the term loosely) in Ajax-Pickering on several different occasions within a week misdiagnosed a serious condition. Finally end up in Trauma Center with life altering permanent issues.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

Dr Hancock was a lifesaver. He has good bedside manner and really cares a lot about his patients. He is super knowledgeable and takes the time to explain things to you - even though he's busy in the ER. We came in with our newborn for a bunch of issues and he was able to calm us and make us feel better about everything. For a first time parent, I am super grateful that Dr Hancock was there.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Don't judge a book by its cover. If you are truely sick you want this man to treat you. He really does care a lot about his patients and his years of experience and knowledge are what I would want if I went to the emergency room. Dr. Hancock is one of the best.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

As an emergency physician at Ajax Ontario hospital he consistently provides a misdiagnosis. I had to go back to emerg that evening for a proper diagnosis by another doctor on staff. Happened to my husband as well. He should retire. Flee if he is the doctor you are provided with!!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Why even bother....................................

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Very poor bedside manner. Outright disrespectful. Very inconsiderate of a patient's condition and mental state. Very inappropriate sense of humour. His personality is not commensurate with what one presuppose a doctor should demonstrate. Acts immature for what one would expect given a doctor of his senior age. Comments made were totally inappropriate. If I ran the Ajax Hospital he would be told to clean up his act immediately or better still to leave as he obviously has no respect for the patient or the reputation of the profession or the Hospital. Based on other comments at this website, he seems to show a disturbing pattern. It is time to retire Mr. Hancock. You are working in a field you do not enjoy. A disinterested uncaring doctor is not what a patient is looking for. Thinking I should report him to the OMA and to the CEO and CAO of the Hospital.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

this is the guy you want to see if you truly need ER. He was my family doctor back in the 70;s and 80's and he was the only person who diagnosed a problem that my husband had, even after seeing two specialists. He is the guy you want to see in an emergency or if you need to be stitched up.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

I'm a 52 year old woman, and I visited Ajax emergency on two occasions and I was for fortunate to be seen by Dr. David Hancock on both. He was very attentive, took my case very seriously. I was vary pleased with his care. He was even more helpful than my own family doctor who I have been seeing for over 20 yrs. He's a very knowledgeable and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

I took my father who is 93 to the emergency room today because his hip was so sore that he had great difficulty walking. This man is on no medication and is very active. I can count on one hand the number of times he's seen either a Dr or been to the hospital. We unfortunately saw Dr Hancock. He didn't spend any time with my father at all didn't touch him to see if there was any swelling or where exactly it hurt he just sent him for xrays. After waiting for a long period of time my mother who has dementia went out and happened across the Dr who said that my dad had no broken bones and was to go home. This Dr didn't even have the courtesy to come in and talk to my dad in person. For all he knows he may have just spoken to the maid or cab driver to tell her my dad's results. What an ASS

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

The worst doctor I have ever encountered in my LIFE!!! I have had the unfortunate experience to have seen DR.Hancock several time at the Ajax-Pickering hospital. Every single time he has missed diagnosed me and or one of my family members. The last time was several weeks ago when I had come into the emergency department with abdominal pain and his reply was that I was CONSTIPATED even though I had just gone twice while waiting. Once I challenged him and said I was going to another hospital..that must have scared him and he called a specialist.Once I seen the specialist after a 5 minutes discussion he advised the nurse to cancel all medication that had been prescribed by Dr.Hancock and admitted me for 5 days into the hospital. He should lose his license!!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012